Hey ! I'm fairly new to Eurorack. I just have a question I can't seem to find answers...

I have a Plaits (my only VCO) and I use my Digitakt to sequence it, using a MIDI-CV Module (Mutant Brains)

Now, I love the ephemeral side of eurorack, but what if I want to perform live? How can I always have the same tuning on Plaits? Since I also use samples on my music played by the Digitakt, Plaits is only providing the melody.
How can I have the same tuning when I power up my system? Do I have to tune Plaits?
The way I'm using it is to have the Frequency knob all the way down, so it's always the same pitch when I play a sequence, I just go an octave or two higher on the keyboard, if I want higher notes.
I don't quite understand the Frequency knob on Plaits and other VCO's... I'm just scared to touch it a little bit and the song will be ruined. I'm mainly producing Techno and House. Why is there always a big frequency knob? Can't you change the frequency of a VCO with a sequencer and maintain the pitch stable on the module? So the frequency stays the same everytime, as long as it's the same sequence?

I'm sorry if I'm not getting something here, I need your help :)

Thank you very much, Cheers!

MNLO, Thank you so much for the help :) Yes, I should invest in a 84hp 6U case! You're right. Unfortunately the pre built rigs are all a little out of my initial budget ahaha I prefer to slowly add components. Thank you so much for the CVC Rack tip, I downloaded the software and it's been wonderful, such a great tool indeed.
For the type of sound I'm after, I would like something versatile, something not too specific.. I do like acid stuff, but I also love ambient! I'm mainly into techno, so basslines should be something I want to make with my rack.

I'm always afraid of beginning my journey into eurorack because I don't know anyone personally who could help me with it.. So I try to use forums to learn most of it.

Do you have a suggestion of what kind of essential modules I should get? - a VCO, a VCF, a VCA, an EG, an LFO, and probably some kind of mixer/output module (to output the modular to my mixer and then my monitors). I should probably need a MIDI interface, with CV and Gate, because I'm going to sequence it with my Digitakt, or an external midi sequencer.

Thank you again, it's hard to start ahah but I'm sure I will love the ride! :)
Cheers,
-Nico

Hello! So I decided to finally go modular :D

I was interested on the NiftyBundle, but I really don't like the VCO (Chipz) sound that much. I understand that it is a simple solution for a beginner like me, but I was hoping to maybe assemble something 'from sracth'

I'd like a case with maybe 84HP, I think it's the perfect size for me - https://www.thomann.de/pt/doepfer_a_100lc3v_low_cost_case_ve.htm

I like this case as it's simple, and looks good and durable.

I am going to sequence the modular system using my Digitakt, so I don't need a sequencer module, but I do need a MIDI module (maybe to CV and Gate ).

I also like the Dreadbox Chromatic Modules, they are cheap, look easy to begin with and sound good imo.
Can someone help me? I don't have a huge budget, and I pretend to slowly add stuff to the rack. I would like to purchase first only the essentials to get some sound going :)

Thank you very much,
Have a great day,
Cheers
-Nico