Yes, that's a very good point with the case, I had thought about how they draw you in with the fitted stuff, and likewise I agree that something as simple as a metal plate to fill a gap can keep your wallet happy lol.

You mention about predominantly using cv/gate and not midi, can I ask for curiosity sake when would the use of midi be required as opposed to cv/gate?

As is clear, Maths is an extremely useful module, I probably need to dig into it a bit more to understand it's full capability (if that is ever possible :P) so I'll look more into that. Thanks for all the other tips, it is really about establishing that starting point and building from there, and it's just those starting points that I need the ideas/suggestions for.

In regards to listening to the Matriarch, my current setup is directly from the main outputs into a Saffire pro 40 interface. This shouldn't be affected by the use of Eurorack as long as I patch everything back into the Matriarch mixer right?

Thanks again, already helping me get to grips more bit by bit!

I appreciate your "I'm married to the case statement" - but seriously get a divorce and get a mantis - much better value. in the long term and easily portable unless you are a small child and the 'included' modules don't really save any money and tie you into buying 1u modules to use them

BUT

how are you planning on sequencing v/oct for rings/uBurst? I think you may need the 1u midi module - the case provides only the usb or din via trrs inputs - NOT the cv/gate that you need to sequence a modular

you probably want to get the 1u line out module - so you can use the case outputs

I don't see the need for steppy at all - it seems completely irrelevant - there is nothing here that begs to be trigger sequenced

I would dump 2 of - pams, batumi and sloths - probably keep batumi and add a 1u sloth - maybe swap batumi for zadar? - you simply have too much modulation in too small a rack with not enough to actually modulate!!!

I would get rid of both of the vcas and the stereo line in - and replace with a good quad cascading vca - veils or intellijel - they are pretty much the only ones that amplify and will function perfectly as line ins (appropriate cable required)

I would add kinks - incredibly useful set of tools in a small space

this may leave you enough space to add a stereo mixer and maybe a second filter

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks a lot for the feedback and suggestion, it's exactly what I need!

In regards to the case, in reality it is something I'm not completely married to, I guess it's the minimal size which is more the point - I'm not looking to expand and expand so alternative small cases like you mention are welcome :)

As I say, I am new to eurorack and seems I have mistaken the interaction between it and the matriarch? My initial thoughts were to clock from the matriarch to pams and use the eurorack modulation to affect the matriarchs features, using the cases trs as a line in for other potential sources.

It's ok if I've got it all wrong though lol, that's why I'm here! :)

Hey guys/modular world,

I'm new here so go easy on me please? But also as critical as possible to help me out? ;)

I have a Matriarch which I'm in love with! My intention has always been to develop it further through eurorack and I think I'm ready

As I know is needed, I have an idea what I want to do with it, and as more of an ambient styled creator I simply want a small rig primarily focused on extra modulation capabilties more so than voices which I'm happy (at least for now) are covered by the Matriarch, and FX which I have covered with external pedals (H9 x2)...

In terms of the case type/size, that isn't something I am looking to change, so only swaps if there's something you'd change?

Take a look, and with my goals in mind, praise/criticise/suggest changes etc all as nicely as possible... Please?

If you have any ideas how this rig may interact well with he Matriarch as well and you care to share your two cents, feel free, I'd love to get input!

ModularGrid Rack