Thanks Jim for taking the time to reply and for the chill advice.

I think I will just chill for a bit. There's tonnes of depth with the modules I have and I'm always learning something new about them. I have a favourite module every other day and this often has me thinking that it would now be p[laced somewhere else on the rack. So yeah I think I'll leave well alone for a bit.

Im finding the disting to be a bit of a pain and I'm not really using it. If I decide to swap it out I'll have 5 hp spare. What would be the most useful module for the size in your opinion?

I'm optimistically taking your lack of criticism as a good sign btw ;)

Cheers again Jim

Hello Everyone,

I began building this set up at the beginning of the year. I have been playing with synthesizers for a few years now. I started with IOS apps and logic pro and slowly moved into hardware. Now I'm playing with modular I'm completely hooked.

This rack isn't geared towards any particular style. I really just want to explore the possibilities that I hope this set up will allow.
I am definitely inspired by bands like the chemical brothers, nine inch nails, tool, prodigy etc

I have been diligently learning the modules that I have and have found it to be extremely rewarding and fun but I acknowledge that I am new to this and have so much to learn.
Browsing the forums I am impressed with the knowledge that many members here possess and would really love to here any opinions of what I have built so far.

I'm pretty happy with the modules that I have included but I wonder if there is anything that I have missed which limit the potential of my system.

I'm also looking for advice on how best to organise the modules for efficiency. I have reorganised the case a few times now and it has definitely improved things. I have found myself patching away and getting completely absorbed in what I'm doing and then when I step back and look at my nest of cables it can be difficult to see what the hell is going on.

Anyway I'd love to hear opinions/advice from you all. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Guru's

I've decided to start a eurorack build which I'd like to be part of my existing set up. My biggest obstacle is Wifey who wants to see a clear out of gear before anything new comes in. So far it's been a one way street of new in nothing out but that's not a sustainable situation ;)

Ok so I've ordered a Mantis and I've also picked up the included modules in a sale.

I currently own the digitakt and digitone. Also have the behringer neutron and 303, korg monologue, kawaii r100 drum machine and a boutique tr808.

I'm keeping the elektrons, the neutron and the Kawaii and I want to my rack to compliment and add stuff that these toys cannot do.

I like to make weird arpeggiated beats with atmospheric sound scapes (stuff to play to my mushrooms while they grow) and I love kick ass drum sounds. The R100 is sentimental to me but I own cause I'm a huge industrial music fan.

I'm interested to hear opinions on what the essentials are.
Do I need extra power?
Midi/CV inputs/outputs or will the Neutron cover this?
Amplifiers?

And more interestingly what are the kick ass must have cool beep boop phantasmagorifiers that I should chuck in this rack?

I look forward to your kind responses

Much love

Hi Garfield,

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. It's very generous of you :)

Hi GM and thanks for the reply.

I must be missing something. All of these modules are described as Eurorack. What must they be compatible with exactly?

Is it a voltage spec or firmware?

I was under the impression these modules were universal

School me please :)

Hello all,

I guess this is the usual newcomer request for helpful advice thread.
I am a complete amateur with a developing passion for synths. I have recently ordered the Neutron and look forward to cutting my teeth with it when it arrives.
While I anxiously await its arrival I discovered this site and thought I'd have a play and hopefully learn a bit along the way. I have the Moog model 15 app and thought I'd have a crack at replicating what I could using the Behringer system 55 range of modules.

There seems to be a few gaps with what Behringer has on offer and what is on the IOS app so I'm unsure how practical this set up would be.
I'm definitely interested in putting something like this together once I know how it will all work and the price being as attractive as it is for the Behringer modules should allow me to just get away with it without the Wife getting too angry with me ;)

Thanks all and I look forward to hearing some thoughts :)