Between the new firmware and this expander, Nerseq has attained an entire level up in capability. I can't wait to get mine.

Is it just me or is this a conduit from various A.I. tools into Eurorack? And do all Metrons with the ribbon cable on the back have the new buttons?

Is it just me or is this a conduit from various A.I. tools into Eurorack?

Ordered during the announcement. I'd say this is a must have, and I keep a Happy Nerding MIA next to them to attenuate or offset. It's a powerhouse trio. They should tell you how to run the cables in the box though ;-) Whacky things happen if they are backwards. Although whacky can be good. Not dangerous according to Ben.

So, a mega Pam's?

An hour in, have not looked the the manual yet, or followed any YouTubes, and it's already awesome. I'm feeding it Magerit Laniakea sounds so far. Not sure it's worth the HP, but during the honeymoon it sure is so far.

A very unique addition to the filter arsenal.

Nothing but awesome so far, 30 minutes in.

Next year we need a silence sampler version ;-)
Or perhaps the STFU edition?

I'm not a programmer.

It appears the developer has lost interest and the firmware may never see another update or feature enhancement? Since it's open source he has no profit motive to maintain it.
-- mntbighker

if it's open source then anyone should be able to fork the firmware and maintain it/add features...

-- JimHowell1970

The question remains if anyone ever will.

It appears the developer has lost interest and the firmware may never see another update or feature enhancement? Since it's open source he has no profit motive to maintain it.

Same here, the grid is all jumbled up.

Friends and /W arrived tonight. Have not touched /W yet, but Friends is already a freakin Monster. Well worth the wait. Their stuff is insane quality too. I can't wait to get Three Sisters, and Mangrove. I want to get a Monome Teletype to take advantage of the I2C bus behind the panel. Disting Ex has I2C. but I'm not sure how they may interact. I need some I2C cables.

Friends and /W arrived tonight. Have not touched /W yet, but Friends is already a freakin Monster. Well worth the wait. Their stuff is insane quality too. I can't wait to get Three Sisters, and Mangrove. I want to get a Monome Teletype to take advantage of the I2C bus behind the panel. Disting Ex has I2C. but I'm not sure how they may interact. I need some I2C cables.

I jumped on it and rushed through, so got Friends and /W.

Whew.

Orders opened at 8am my time today. By the time I clicked calculate shipping it was sold out.

Very curious how this compares to the "industry standard" Intellijel. That I personally never liked all that much, but not much is similar. Obviously no lin/exp switches here. Not sure if it sounds cleaner. It's a bit space hungry, but I commend them on keeping the density down so you can reach the controls.

Triple the cost, I think not.

The small knobs are a bit difficult to reach, but you can't minimize HP and have large controls. The button / knob combos must be memorized and probably could not be used in a dark venue. Otherwise this is a very interesting module to use. I think the compromises they made were well considered. This thing would be twice the HP if was say an In5tro designed module ;-)

400ma? That's 50 more than the full size Mk2? Crazy if accurate. It's a tenth of my entire power rail on TipTop Zeus. Verified on the 1010 site, and Modular Grid says Mk2 is 350ma, where 1010 says it's also 400. The Assimil8or is 250. ER-301 is 320. I suppose it's the monster touch screen.

As usual with Bastl this is super bang for buck, very decent quality, and good use of precious HP. Beyond that I'm finding some insane tones with very little effort. I'm afraid what I will find when I read the manual ;-)

Mine just arrived, and my first comment is this thing only barely fits in the TipTop Z-rails. You really have to jam the thing in to spread the rails enough to fit. Otherwise seems to work as advertised so far. Also got the Decca and it fit without issue. The quality to me is just average, but I accept the micro controls are a challenge to implement with a "quality" feel. Pretty sure it will be a keeper.

Anyone else finding the Pam's PX2 TRS Midi out won't clock this module? I have tried both Midi "type" jumper settings.

He must have found some new drugs. This one is another level of crazy ;-)
Don't get me wrong, I have 4 of his modules already.

Thread: Clank Chaos

The master of disaster. Awesome.

Modulargrid says it's $375. It's $299 at Perfect Circuit (not in stock). And it's $420 at Detroit Modular (in stock). The dealers seem to be getting worse than the profit taking Reverb sellers.

I may have to totally redesign my rack if these are ever available in the states. Closest thing to the Make Noise.

4MS Pod, Intellijel Pallet and TipTop. It lives in a 4MS Pod.

@mntbighker, have you contacted Paul about this?
-- JimHowell1970

Not until I have a chance to test on each of my 3 power supply options in my rack. Most builders don't care much if their module survives running for hours or days. It's a pretty edge case I feel.

Is anyone else finding that some settings fail to survive a power cycle? I have one specific setting that resets on channel 5 every time. The wave form always returns to random instead of the default. Despite the fact I reset the channel every time I power it up. Reported to ALM, but no answer after a couple of weeks.

edit: It's getting worse, now three channels lose settings after a power cycle. And not to the default mode either.

I have just added the Error Instruments modules to my growing list of "digital" modules that crash, or otherwise stop working as expected if left running for extended periods. If you do generative type work that requires hours or days of use, this is worth knowing. Another example of this is my 4MS Ensemble. It took months before 4MS finally identified they had an issue. And more weeks or months before a firmware update was made available. I'm not even sure if it's a published update to this day. In the case of this Indian Resonator the situation actually seems to have gotten worse. It can stop working as expected even over night.

I wonder how this compares to Doepfer A180-9 (that I already use for this).

Knob proximity seems to be an issue, but I guess you can't have both compact and easy to noodle. I think I need to build one. Definitely need room either side of the knobs.

You are watching the unity output light flash in accordance with the envelope you have dialed in. Plug it into an Error Instruments CV input and the light on Maths stops illuminating. There is no envelope. If you plug the unity into say an A*B+C to provide a voltage offset it will then work.

Another possibility: a Quadrax + Qx. By chaining the EOR points on the Qx to each next EG and proceeding to loop things back from EOR on the 4th EG to the start on EG 1, you get this constant "strum"...with voltage control by using CV over the "attack" (in this case, it's referred to as "rise") so that you can make the "strum" longer, shorter, or more/less erratic. Works nice with VCAs, too...like having a Veils on a complex VCO with numerous waveform outputs.
-- Lugia

I've been meaning to get a Quadrax, but I wonder how it reacts to the EI CV inputs. Maths gets shut down completely when you plug it into this module.

What do the 4x CV inputs do? is it one for each pot?

Is the the Drum Out just like it says then the Audio out is everything else without the kick?
-- wishbonebrewery

Yes on the CV's. I believe the drum out is the audio through a vactrol LPG.

I started with the 2 CV jack version, and didn't gel with it at all. He sent me the 4 CV jack version (this one), and it's a whole different story. And I tell you the Zadar is this thing's best friend (with s/h modulation from ModBox). I have 4 Error Instruments modules, and this is my favorite at the moment. I find the way he implements his CV inputs pretty frustrating. For example you can't use Maths without some external voltage offset. Zadar has nice 0 to 10 volt output adjustment, so it's plays well with EI.

The voltage range of the noise seems pretty small, so the random output range is small. They don't talk about voltages at all on the web site or in the so called manual.

Shame it can't record external CV/envelope/follow, or it would be smaller HP competition for Ephemere.
-- mntbighker

SDS Rit_M?

-- -TB-

Discontinued... maybe used

Had it installed 10 minutes, have not read the manual, LOVE this thing already. It's filthy ;-)

Shame it can't record external CV/envelope/follow, or it would be smaller HP competition for Ephemere.

Lately I'm starting to think I need a second Maths too, but I have nowhere to put the darn thing.

-- mntbighker

that's what new cases are for - my 2nd case was because I wanted Maths and didn't have room for it!

-- JimHowell1970

I have three 4MS pods and an Intellijel Palette case in addition to my main rack. No more cases are in my future. I'm to the point now for something to enter, something must leave. It's actually a good discipline at this stage in my journey.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/182046

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output
-- JimHowell1970

just checked wigglehunt and there appear to be some in at analogue haven and there's on listed in the market place here in the eu as of yesterday

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks, I just ordered from Analoguehaven, and I may even order a second MIA. I never need to offset all the OCHD channels, and I tend to keep two set up with Veils. But I do have two OCHD's in different parts of the rack. One is in my percussion section, and one is with my modulation section with the Maestro. I think they will be a powerful combo. Lately I'm starting to think I need a second Maths too, but I have nowhere to put the darn thing.

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output
-- JimHowell1970

Ordered and received. The 3MIA works super next to OCHD. I may get a second one since I have 2 OCHD modules. 3MIA will be very useful in general. Another thing I have that does offsets is Befaco A*B+C.

great functionality but using it (at least for me) is pain, pots are too small and too close to each other and to jack inputs
-- Skullstep

Agreed

Thread: Strymon AA.1

I ordered the 4MS Listen IO from Perfect Circuit. However my head is starting to hurt thinking about how I should connect the OctaTrack to my WMD Performance Mixer via the Listen IO. Ideally you should be able to route signals to and from the Octatrack at will between PM channels, so you can make full use of the OT effects. There is also the matter of using the second pair of Octatrack inputs. So my current setup using the stereo effects loop is probably the wrong choice, since it's all or nothing. The trouble is that most of my gear is stereo, and I mix it through the Befaco ST Mix before the PM. So like I said it's making my head hurt ;-)

What do we think of the 4MS Listen IO? Also, I could use the ES-9 1/4 inch outputs via the ES-9 mixer. Then I would just need an input level shifter. Like the Erica Pico Input?

Can I use this as a level shifter for an Octatrack?
-- mntbighker

Don’t know. Does the Octatrack take instrument level?

I’d think it takes line level.

-- clwilla

Yeah, so the Strymon says it does 18db drop/boost. By the looks of the levels I'd say 12db would be better. 5 volts is obviously way too hot, but 18db down is a bit too low. If line level is 2 volts I wonder what 18db gets you down to.

Can I use this as a level shifter for an Octatrack?
-- mntbighker

I've used it as a level shifter for an MPC, guitar pedals, external synths, and a Mackie 1202VLZ. I've found it very useful.

-- farkas

Thanks man, I'm sticking in in my external 4MS pod that hosts mu ES9 power HOG ;-)

Edit: Aaaannnd... yeah, those levels look way better.