One last question:
Do you have a recommendation which modules I should definitely start with?

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks again for your feedback!

I distributed the VCAs in the rack and exchanged the hexmix with the quad vca. So I count 9 VCAs now.
I also added planar 2 as it seems to be a very interesting tool for me.

ModularGrid Rack

Still something crucial missing ?

@sacguy71:
I want to use the ES-9 for that and I already have an Arturia Keystep Pro with lots of cv output possibilites. But thanks for your idea!

how are you expecting to do final mixing/monitoring - always through the es9 or with an external mixer?

Good question...
I added a Erica Synth Links so that I can use an external mixer, too.

I would drop the tritone and compressor

Why?
I think I will need the sidechain of the compressor and I am also looking for a way to saturate signals.

kick hat snare are next to each other - so very cramped - each of those modules is 1.16cm wide - you may want to spread them out a bit in reality

Yeah I almost thought so :)

I would swap the doepfer matrix mixer for something a bit smaller - AISynthesis does a 10hp one!!

Thanks for the hint!

spread the vcas about

What do you mean ? You mean I should also spread them like the drum modules?

unless you are smitten with the Milky Way I would swap in an fx aid xl - more options for effects - similar hardware

Thanks again! Did not stumble upon this module yet.

Here is the updated rack.
As stated in the first post, the system is a first idea for the future and I wanted to get a feeling for a balanced system.
So does this look good now?
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for your quick and detailled reply! That helped me a lot to orientate myself :)

I tried to address your feedback and started a second rack version:
ModularGrid Rack

Just a sidenote: I already have an Arturia Keystep Pro that I plan to use as an alternative to the ES-9 if there is no laptop available.

For me it looks way more ballanced now, but I am still not sure, if there is something essential missing?
So it would be really nice, if you could again have a look at it. Thanks in advance!

I am new to Eurorack but create (electronic) music since 15 years, so I am not new to music creation.

The last weeks I started to think about a modular system that could be a long term goal for me.
Of course I will not buy all the listed modules at once. All I would like to know is, if this system could work out well in this composition or if it is unbalanced and important parts are missing.

The goals of the system are:
- it should work in cooperation with a daw for further processing and control but also standalone
- it should have tools for generative and random sound creation (but with control over the musicality)
- it should be able to create complete tracks (drums, bassline, synth, percussive stuff, .. )
- it should be flexible and make fun for as long as possible, so that there is no quick reason to expand :)

I would really appreciate your advice on my first attempt.
Thanks in advance!