Thanks. I’m trying to keep it compact and versatile. And aesthetically pleasing (I buy black faceplates from magpie and switch them out) it’s been nice for what I use it for. But yeah, I’m not really seeing the benefit of MScale and it’s taking up space.

Hello I'm working with a small setup. I know it's limiting, but I really enjoy the size because I move it from my home and office often and I built a nice mahogany stand for it that I'm happy with.
I've based the size off the 60hp of the Mother 32 and I have an MScale to deal with the voltage transfers due to a recommendation.
I'm wondering if I been sleeping (haha) on the Disting MK4 though. It says it functions as a precision adder and also has a lot of other capabilities- it also fits more snugly in my case than the 1hp I annoyingly have left over.
I haven't been able to find any comments on how it reacts with +5/-5 output of the Mother 32 however. Would it be worth it to replace the MScale for a Disting?

alt text

alt text

I built a two tier rack using The original Mother 32 case and another 60hp case from Moog. I’m trying to make it so I don’t have two cables to power the entire rack. I originally thought of using a short barrel cable to “daisy chain” the Row Power to the original Mother 32 power input.
There are two issues:
1. The power directly flows through the output on the Row Power and is not controlled by the on/off switch.
2. This might be in my head, but after a very short time of being plugged into the Mother 32 through the Row Power, the Mother seemed to be getting really warm and smelled like it was getting too hot. So I quickly unplugged it for fear that it may be overloaded on power.

Has this happened to anyone else?
What are some solutions?

Thanks everyone! This is super useful. I updated with a Disting mk4. I was hesitant trying to avoid digital modules but I gave in after the recommendations of finding something with effects and more patch points. Sounds like it will go with my Mother 32 fine.

Thanks for the responses. Interesting to hear Plaits over Maths.
I mostly worked with daw software until I came across VCV. I’m interested in the way that the modules lead me to discovery. So, I guess a generative type of instrument. I added Ears for a tactile percussion element. But I’m mostly into the meditative vibe of it in the moment and adding layers in real time, not for recording.

alt text

I’ve had the Mother 32 for months and it’s a great way to start my journey into eurorack. I’m ready to start adding more and explore more sounds and possibilities. I think I’ve settled on a second row- I like the size, 4ms makes a 60hp pod that is powered but it’s a little shallow for some modules. But I like the size and I have a good idea for putting my carpenter skills to work for a nice tabletop case.
After building the case and getting the mscale, I’ll start getting the modules but I have to budget- so ya’know, one at a time.
My question is: what module should I start with that will be the most fun to interact with my moog?

http://stgsoundlabs.com/products/boat_rocker_m32.htm

The STG Boat Rocker seems interesting for a power source in a 60hp Moog case

That is very helpful. I was curious about the power supply!
I replaced the Roland mixer and that freed up room for your suggestions.

Hello, I’ve Been messing around with miRack simulator and I’m hooked. Ready to start playing with the physical modules. I’ve decided to start with the Mother-32 because I love the sound, and the sequencing and patching panel. I like the small table top size and I know in the future I would like to add another stack but keep it small. Any thoughts on this setup?
I know the black panel Maths is impossible to find, I just couldn’t resist keeping the all black theme as long as I’m dreaming. I like the thought of the contact mic for tactile purposes and plugging in other instruments. Mostly not sure about the mixer.
Thanks!