Hey! Paired with a deluge and keystep/beatstep pro, do you think this 12u rack (meant for berlin school/ generative ambient) would be fun to play? i haven't made this in vcv because i have neither a key/beatstep nor a deluge, this is just future planning. constructive criticism welcome!

Lugia, i copied your replan and modified it a little bit. Feedback welcome.

If I could like all your comments I would. All the help has been great!

Thanks for all the tips jim! I do have a few things I would like to share tho.

1: I totally agree that metronome is complete overkill. It’s been a long battle between the tubbutec sixquencer and the metron and still no real winner. I like how compact the sixquencer is, but i want something more ergonomic like the metron. The algorithm by grayscale seems appealing, but i do like the idea of ≥16 steps in case i want to add a cool drum transition at the end. (After thinking about it, I’m just going to go with the algorithm.)

2: the mixer situation as been another long and arduous journey as well. I had the hexmix and hexpander in the blueprint a while ago, but that took up an assload of space and i just decided to scrap it, I’m thinking about diy’ing an 8 channel stereo mixer in the same form factor as the mutable instruments frames / blades, but I don’t understand breadboard schematic and have never been able to find a blueprint for a mixer online.

Thanks for all the help!

Whoops! Forgot to mention that I don’t and have never owned any modular synths before. This is future planning.

I’m trying to make a state azure/ tangerine dream style rack in the least possible space, but it feels like something is off. I don’t know what it is, but a gut feeling is telling me that something is hindering my progress, not helping it. Can someone at least try and help?

I fixed it a little bit I think

I barely get any feedback on r/modular so I’m posting it here.