yes, in my main rack I have a lot of modulation modules. I would use one or maximum two specifc modules (i thought matrix mixer for that) to manage in fast way the multitude of lfos and evolving constantly the final process. Obviously I use other modules outside for clock, vca and effects.

dear all,
a provocation with my question, I simply curious about your strategy with matrix mixer.
thanks
FB

Ah ok! That's more easy. Thanks

Thanks, that's a very good advise but I have a doubt... The ribbon is a 10 pin to 16 pin so the 12 and 13 pin are free...
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7qwhp909hweeovs6mp5wg/stasis-back.png?rlkey=rbkw3641utqzfy5jhfhz9ua0h&dl=0
Have you a pic of the welded resistance on your brick? I have the bus board of Doepfer. I think the best and easiest way is to weld the resistance behind the bus board but this will fix the position of the module. Should pins 12 and 13 corrispond to the opposite side from red line of ribbon cable?
I notice that the background noise is quite typical for effects modules.

is this will reduce the volume in output? Could you show me the pin 12 and 13 mentioned? thanks

Hi at all,
As per the title... What'are your favorite VCV's modules? Also in combination with your external hardware.
Could be interesting to use digital modules like last added terrarium and sequencers directly in VCV and dedicate our rack to the more analog modules using ES-8 or 9.
Thanks
FB

Hello,
I would connect two usb female 5V ports to my A-100 PSU (or A-100 miniPSU in another rack).
Can I connect them directly to the two pin +5V of 16 pin connectors of bus board?
Intellijel PSU directly incorporated some 2 pin 5V ports for power usb so I think it isn't a problem to connect directly to one free eurorack 16 pin port. What do u think?
The idea would be to buy two usb female to powered Arturia beatstep pro and keystep 37 and embed them in my homemade racks without going to occupy slots in the rails.
Thanks
FB

Yes, and I suggest u the QX expander to ampliate the links to other modules and also the possibility of concatenate 4 lfo of quadrax in different ways.

Im working on quadrax and it is wonderful the concatenation of lfos that we can do with it.
The combination quadrax+roti pola (first channel creates chaos among others) +divkid ochd is a real fun.
Thanks to Lugia for the advice.

Could I combine a very compact voice synth like Erica voice pico with a Rings and more or less do the same things as the Elements?

I agree. Maybe better quarks similar.

compared to elements, atom it costs half

yes, I think Atom is too tiny to control. Good idea Quarks, i didn't know it.
unobtainable, however, in Europe...

Ok, thanks at all. What is BOM. Jim have u some links to share or a module name to search here? Thanks

edit: ok BOM intend the bill of materials... ok, i was actually referring to full diy kits for the elements. I miss the desire to make the shopping list.

what do you think of the Antumbra Atom? I have read that Plonk is also similar to Elements (obviously with its macro differences). So let me explain: I am assembling an auxiliary rack to my main one in which I have inserted effects modules, drums and I would like to insert a second complete synth module to always be controlled with beatstep pro since I have the possibility to manage two synths at the same time. Here the extra rack:
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1583445.jpg?1622279223

Hi,
I know that exists clones of MI Elements also a little bit compact. Do u know something else about these? Do you say it can be worth it? Also in DIY will not a problem (I'm back from prok modules, nice experience).
Thanks
FB

Hi, I moved stasis leak on another rack of effects, granular synth, utilities ecc that I'll build.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/image/1554719.jpg
With 4 hp I covered with Links that I use to control stages in adsr and quadrax which modulate respectively vco and vcf.
With the last 2 hp I think to add another tuner to regulate also the second vco of complex. In mixer usually I add also the vco of werkstatt.
What do you think of the idea on the two hp?
Thanks
FB

Probably don't remember this:
ModularGrid Rack
I would like to move the effect module Stasis Leak in another old Doepfer LC3 1 row case with somethings else (other effects and a module drum). I was thinking of filling those 6 hp with a simple oscillator to mix with the Complex, (I can recover another 2 hp moving ENVF to the third row because for now I haven't used yet - with volca beats?).
Do you think this is a good idea? Are there better ways to fill that possible space?
I control this rack with a keystep pro.

Hi at all,
I have noticed an annoying background noise at high volumes on my system that disappears if I unplug the Stasis Leak from the patch (it is 5 months since I completed the system and now I notice this noise but it has probably always existed).
I have checked the module and I have noticed the detail that I show you in red circled.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/13yv8ys0ls76twh/stasis.png?dl=0
I weld a bridge with a piece of wire to restore the line but nothing has changed and I'm not sure it's a defect, it could also be wanted by manufacturer since in the assembly videos nothing is soldered on those two pins (in my preassembled there is a resistor or something similar that I cannot see well because it is hidden by the front panel).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve or this already happened?
Thanks
FB

Hi at all,
I completed my build.
Now I'm playing some fast melodic sequences with some patches with maths.
I have yet to understand Quadrax but it fascinates me a lot.
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/patches/modulargrid_73827.jpg
Thanks
FB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zalmjqf3p3bsfic/IMG_20210203_213134.jpg?dl=0

Ok clear. Thanks.
Considering that in future upgrade certainly I'll buy the new version of Veils, you say that I could recover the two hp using the Links instead of the 2hp mix or do you have better ideas for that remaining space?

ENVF is difficult to find here in Europe. Recovery two hp from new Veil is there a valid replacement for ENVF?

Edit: maybe the official store is European...

Do you say that the 2hp tune can also be done by PAM and therefore you can pass the stages from there?
But then this could limit the use of PAM for other feats with quantized Stages?
Jim is right, the new Veil is large 10 hp instead of 12hp. Instead of two 2hp could be re-added Links that permitted more functions?

Thank you very much at all, so instead of Links, Kinks and Mixup I save space with mix and tune of 2hp and Roti Pola and still keep minimal effects with Stasis Link and Modbox.
Nice. Very clear also the organization of modules in rack.

Interesting kinks. Is a contrary links that add effects and noise instead of clearing and mixing. Nice thx

I agree with tip of mixing/patching with headphones. I have clashed several times on this aspect.

well... This will be a possible finalization of first rack that I could complete in the next months...
ModularGrid Rack

About effects, is there space (10 hp) for something? My first idea was Mimeophon and others but the space now is not enought.

About power consumption I will use the power supply and bus board of Doepfer A100 that have 1200 mA so I think will be enought.

yes. perhaps maths remains the best choice. Fallistri is a little bit short in rack but i dont know if is more complicated.

Hi Alex, for the output I have no problems because I enter in a sound card so I already mix the modular with other synths, drum machines and listen everything with headphones (mute what I don't need and record on pro tools).
Regarding the drum machine of the first post, I was referring more to its synchronization and start/stop with the modular. I've seen Divkid do it by combining it with a volca beats. It seems an amplified input is enough (and for this I asked for confirmation of the vermona because I can attenuate the output but also +6/+12 dB amplify the input) and the sync cable of the volca (which is a minijack) just send it to a clock divider (or multiplier) to sync rack to volca and that would be what I would like to do.
I really think I need a mixing module to get the drum machine or the whatever external synth inside the rack and then in the headphones on the sound card.
Of course I can always switch everything in the sound card and just the sync cable between the rack and the drum machine but I wanted to try this internal step, also because in this way I could "effect" the drum machine to my liking with filters or future modules.
Even the Rampage seems particularly complete but I agree with your considerations.

Thank you all really for the advice.
As I said I certainly intend to complete this rack and I will treasure your advice.
I'm building the two-row case I was talking about and also remember that I'm patching with werkstatt.
On the subject of linear/exponential vca combined with linear/exponential eg I had watched a very interesting video of Learning Modular about it some time ago, and the initial idea was just to start with the 2hp linear vca + the exponential eg of the stages that I really like a lot and does a lot of things (eg, sequencer, now I'm using it as an lfo controlling everything from the keyboard), but actually only he can't do all this TOGETHER.
I know the Math and I know that it does many things too, but since it is a very used module (there must be a reason!) I thought I could replace it with something else and instead it doesn't seem so.
I certainly spent much money for verbos and belgrad but I was very impressed by them and the idea of taking something that I knew I would change in the future bothered me.
I am also testing with vcv rack. The basic set is very basic, as I had it in mind. A vco, a vcf, a mixer and an adsr (not even a vca). Sure as you say, it remains playable but nothing more, so I intend to gradually expand the starting point in pc and real modular.
Lugia before this my thread, I had read several your posts here on MG and I knew about your decades of experience. Certainly I did not want to be disrespectful and indeed know that I have a lot of respect for you.
Thanks also to Sacguy, I will study the modules you suggested.
Thanks again for your patience.

Hi Zuggamasta, nice start. I think that build with our hands is very good to understand what using and where put the hands for future experimentations.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. I used a wrong case in MG because I didn't understand how to modify the row in MG but is not a real problem. I'm using this modulars on a doepfer a100 (obviously powered) for now but I'm building a two row 84hp case.
I know "look mum" and other guys of YT that you mention, I'm a musician.
About the shopping list:
- Attenuators are required by having the attenuation switch on the Vermona tai-4?
- Mixer is required if I have many vco right? For now I have only one (complex right), with two row I could add other simple and a mixer. Is a first build. My idea is to start with a maximum of two vco mixed. I need to play with a keyboard and other stuff. I'm using also comined with a werstatt-01.
- vca and eg, why is not properly the 2hp and stages? Le inputs are enough for now.
- effects are the next step that I had already considered. Mimeophon for example.
I decided to start step by step. Maybe can became big or not I don't know now. Could be a bad idea but I need to use for my music now. You could tell me that it was better to buy a ready-made synth (already done several times) but I wanted to understand how it works and there is nothing better than "getting your hands dirty". Must also make a mistake at the beginning. Example I advance a doepfer filter because I could not find the belgrad but I did it.
Thanks for the advices. VCV Rack is really useful.
FB

Thanks, what do you suggest me to integrate to make it more functional?

Hi at all, I assembled my first modular with these modules:
ModularGrid Rack
I have 8 hp left over.
Do you have any advice for me?
I was thinking for a mixer and in particular the make noise optomix because I probably must mix verbos oscillators and voltages.
If I control everything from Qunexus via vca i feel frying of pressure on controller keys.
Could it be that it is not correct to control via vca? I saw online that through Optomix you can control well with Qunexus.
After that I plan to expand an additional 84 hp row of effects and maybe another oscillator.
With the Vermona Tai-4 I can connect my drum machine right? The xls attack is a bit uncomfortable but I found the right cable.
Thanks
FB