Love this. So simple and beautiful. I’m a sucker for slow Rings melodies into a huge reverb. Could listen to this for hours. Cheers!
-- TumeniKnobs

Thanks for listening! Slow rings melodies -> big verb describes most of what I've been doing lately. I think I might actually sell my rings module though, I tend to spend more time flarfing with it than producing sounds. Might have to get my greasy mitts on a Basimilus...

Very cool! I love all the little percussive mechanical bits

Lovely stuff Gworn - how are you sequencing? What else is in the patch?
-- gumbo23

Thanks for listening Gumbo! Rings is being sequenced by the Turing machine -> Pico Quant. Pam is sending a sine wave to modulate the Structure input of Rings, which I believe is in "sympathetic strings" mode if I'm not mistaken. Triplatt is used to attenuate the audio signal from Rings (it was slamming my mixer). The accompanying voice is coming from MicroFreak (an arp with ample spice+dice). Both voices are fed through the Valhalla Supermassive plugin in the DAW.

Very poetic and drony. Nicely done! I also like creating weird experimental stuff on my modular.
-- sacguy71

Thanks sac guy. All of my music is experimental by default (because I have no idea what I'm doing!)

Jamming along to a generative sequence that uses Rings, SQ-1, precision adder and turing machine.

Hi Gworn,

Nice demo you give us here where this voice steals the main show ;-) I hear quite a few interesting sounds, much appreciating that and your video does the rest!

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks JB. The microcassette is just running to the mixer where it gets some verb from the effect send (specular reverb v3). Sometimes I like to run it through monsoon though.

Slappin! That Akemie's Castle is quit a lovely machine, keep it coming troux : )

Very cool! So many interesting sounds here. I must admit I'm intrigued by the Ciat Lonbarde stuff, it sounds so unique

That is a very cool track! Great melancholy mood. I love how shaking the dictaphone makes it do vibrato!
-- TumeniKnobs

Thanks Tumeni! The dictaphone is so much fun to experiment with, I highly recommend it

Hi Gworn,

The usage of the dictaphone gives it somehow very authentic feel and touch to the track, nicely done!

-- GarfieldModular

Thank you! The dictaphone really adds a lot of magic, I struggle to "get in the zone" without it these days. Hopefully the rings module I have on the way will help : )

A short sketch featuring some 1/2 speed guitar (sounds a bit like a broken piano) and the microfreak being processed by my modular system. Pamela's new workout is clocking and modulating, Disting is adding ping pong delay to the Microfreak, and Monsoon is in looping delay mode processing the dictaphone. Everything gets a smidge of specular reverb set in 'spatium' mode.

Beautiful! Really enjoyed this.

Really nice work! Enticing sounds. Awesome rig too

Thanks for sharing Garfield, I enjoy the spacey vibe. Nothing beats a good ping pong delay!

Hi Gworn,

Nice video! Great Werkstatt and modular jam, this gives me some appetite for the Werkstatt :-)
-- GarfieldModular

Great video! That thing does have that classic Moog tone. Mmmmm buttery!
-- TumeniKnobs

Thanks for listening! This is my first Moog and I was blown away by the sound in person. My behringer crave has the same filter design but a different oscillator, and the Werkstatt sounds much better for bass notes to my ear.

Lovely piece! The nature sounds and music blend really nicely

Very cool sounds here!

Nice! Well done, Gworn.
-- farkas

Hi Gworn,

Nice track accomplished with a good video, it's nice to see you at work :-) He, he, nice cat at the end of the video! :-D

-- GarfieldModular

Thanks for listening! That's my cat Darnel : )

Nice, is the sample at the start played in with the micro cassette?
-- wishbonebrewery

Yep, its from the deleted scenes of the movie "Galaxy Quest" (RIP Alan Rickman, one of the greats)

Really lovely track and great video quality. That is a really nicely framed and lit shot! New sub here

Thanks for the kind words Garfield. This is the most gear I've ever tried to orchestrate in a single recording, and the learning curve has been significant! The drums didn't record as loud as I intended and I rushed some of the transitions, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Though unintentional I think you are right that there is a "Berlin School" kind of sound going on with the arpeggio line.

Cheers and thanks for listening!

Drums were a little quieter than I intended on the final recording...

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thread: Trance Gates

Really superb piece, makes me want to dance. All the elements really fit together nicely

Really enjoyed this piece, thanks! Nature footage and the out of focus shots were nice touches

Whoa, intense! Gave me a case confused robot head bobbing (in a good way)

Thread: Tiki Bleepy

This has a neat "alien fire drill" kind of thing going on. Very interesting

Really like the sinister mood! I've learned a lot watching those suggested systems vids.

Thread: Craters

Thanks Tumeni and Garfield, I appreciate the kind words! I definitely had a video game level in mind while working on this patch. As for the patch notes Akemie was the only voice from the modular -> Percall (VCA) -> VCF1 filter -> Disting (clockable delay mode B4). The real magic here is the looper pedal which I used to loop some notes from the Crave. I also played the Crave a bit live during recording. Because the loop pedal isn't sync'd to anything its temporal relationship is constantly shifting.

Thank you sacguy and Garfield, that is high praise! My plan going forward is to try and include some kind of informative aspect to my videos.

The patch I read about routed a potentiometer to one of the cv controls to handle the looping function iirc. Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions Toodee! I read about a patch to do random loopable voltages (kind of like a turing machine) that I want to try soon. It does so many things!

Thanks Zugga!

Still learning/ building out my first system. I spend a lot of time head scratching, but it's really neat when something comes together

Thanks for the help everyone, I think Lugia got it right with the m32 preferring gate impulses. I've tried multing the trigger from euclid through moms onboard mult to no avail. The trigger output from my disting won't do the trick either -but pams gates work like a charm. And thanks for the heads up about the m32's scaling, the more I try and make mom work with my eurorack stuff the less I like it... If only she could be perfect like Pam.

I can do that with pam's (which is what I'm going to try next). It's the 2hp euclid module, which is being clocked by pam and the steps are being modulated by a disting in random step quantize mode (like a turing machine). Pammy can even do the euclid+turing machine thing by herself I believe. Thanks for the tip about the "hotter" triggers.

New guy here. I've been trying to trigger my mother-32 from a euclidean sequencer all morning only to find that the mother will listen to pamelas workout, but not my euclidean module... Is this an issue of gates versus triggers? Honestly I'm getting pretty discouraged with the amount of time I spend just trying to connect stuff together.

(The idea with the euclid module is to get variable pattern lengths and steps on the fly)