About the 5th iteration of this dual Rackbrute system. This time decided to place all the currently own Buchla in the bottom half and keep the top for my favorite Oscilators, filters and ultilies.

The power is very close to maxing out in the top 6U, but it boots up ok and there are no issues with heat, noise or dropouts, as I've evenly split the load in to 4 groups of

Looks like a fun rack to play with!

What do we think as this for an altrantive MN Shared System.

Radar

Can i run all these off two PSU moduels as show? I'm using wooden rails and I have concerns the Tiptop Audio uZeus may overheat.

Has anyone put a heatsink on the uZeus before?

Thank you

ModularGrid Rack

Edits: Removed Braids, Kith Runin
Added: 4TTEN, A-132-3
move a few modules around

Thank you

Thanks for your lengthy reply.. there is definitely a sense of "kludged" going here..

I'm a synth nerd and I guess I have attempted to treat modular in the same linear vain.. Ocs, filter, VAC, ENV, LFO way..

And as a newbie to the unbound do what you like world of eurorack I just have jumped in eyes close and bought all the modules that tickled my fancy..

I agree.. about the percussion.. I just chucked in grids and tiptop hats for good measure.. my A4, MD, OT, RD-8, RD-6, Volca Drum, and my other Noise Engineering BIA, BI rack have drums well covered.. one of my original rules was not to do drums in eurorack.. it's expensive and better sourced else where..that said the nerdseq has dirty 8bit samples, 2hp has a perc Chan, and disting has two... so with samples chugging around I figure I could use this racks for all in one..

still need to mod the RD8\6 for trigs.... nerdseq can handle a lot of outs with the expanders..

but being modular.. I kinda wanted to keep it all faithful..

With regards to the VCA linear exponential situation, definitely that need to be experimented with..

that said.. Im probably looking for choppy gated tunes.. and hence sort trig spikes into sources may work out ok..

Note.. this is a real rig.. all modules exist.. and the HP limited for space and logistic reasons...

I really am happy I posted this question as I have no one to bounce ideas of.. other than YouTube examples.... but I do live in the same town as nonlinear circuits..

Thanks for the words.. actually maybe I thin on VCAs... I was intending to use plaits and braids internal VCA, as with the airstreamer milky way, Javelin, Mogue, carbon which leaves the quad vca available for everything else.

I have purposely built separate voices to keep me disciplined somewhat, so that I stick to certain voice structures and combinations.. at least until I get familiar with everything..

I also had to move modular around as the two arturia PSUs are limited.. this arrangement does balance the loads so no individual bus is running at more than 80%..

The two rack brutes mounted together does leave a handy gap between the top and bottom sections where I can route cables from the lower deck around the back to the top sections..

I think i bought to much to be honest so I may test this out and in future reduce the HP count..

Thanks again..

Hi, I'm leaning towards melodic ambient electro. I have a RD-8 close by and a lot of other synths, but I'm trying to keep the modular isolated as a standalone multi voice instrument..

outboard mixing and effects are patched so modular voices can sent to their own own channels outside of the rack. with sends to a timefactor and space, with a analog heat on the master bus..

Nerdseq handles voicing and clock source. when I say handle I mean I'm still new to the nerdseq.. 😂

ModularGrid Rack

Any suggestion for layout here or missing vidal modules.. I've layed it out into 6 voices and drums with modulation close by.. cable management seems to be an issue.

Thanks in advance
Radar