a mixer and an I/O module to go external though some of our members here do this without the I/O module, up to you, can't say haven't warned you to be careful then with DC signals ;-) I haven't even mentioned other utility modules yet, which would be the next step and only after that the more fancy looking modules (if at all).

@GarfieldModular, what would you recommend for an I/O module and other utility modules?

Thanks for all your feedback everyone!
All very helpful and insightful. Gonna look into some other case ideas, draft some new rack ideas and get back to you all. Thanks again!

Hey everyone.
Hope you're all doing well in these strange times!

I am looking at getting more into modular but would like some feedback and advice before I start spending all of my money....
I currently have a Make Noise 0-coast and 0-ctrl to start off with, but I am looking to expand into more voices, effects, modulation, sequencing and control, while staying in a fairly small case.

After doing a bit of research I think I'm pretty set on the Intellijel Palette Case. It seems well designed, the 1U row seems quite handy for utility modules etc, it's quite portable and will fit on my studio desk (Output's Platform Desk). Are there any other cases I should consider?

In regards to modules, I have sketched out a few different Palette Case ideas. All of which are fairly similar to each other except for some different effects and sequencing modules.
I would love some feedback on this and any ideas for other modules to consider.

ModularGrid Rack
ModularGrid Rack
ModularGrid Rack

The music I want to make with this rig is a mixture of generative ambient music and more aggressive left field electronic music. The full spectrum of sonic moods!
Here is a link to some music I made in 2020 (during the first lockdown) with a mate who has gotten me into modular (it's all his fault! lol). Check it out and let me know what you think:

Any thoughts, feedback and advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,

Kieran