Thread: Ambient Rack

You have a lot of module who aren't "one knob per function". It can be ok for you but also can bring confusion and discomfort to play, specially fx aid, marbles and disting mk4. Do you want to do live concerts or just program at home?

You also don't have stereo mixer like stmix or mixup. With 5 stereo effect module, it may be missing.

Too much GAS imho.

VCV rack is fun because you can add everything but in modular, either you are rich and don't care or you have to be really careful. Module resell most of the time at 75% but really slowly. Even in second hand, it 'll cost a lot.
You can do generative ambiant with really small setting.

Personally,
Sequencing, LFO and quantizer : Pamela and Mimetic Digitalis or Harlequin's Context
Two Voice : Basimilus Iteritas, Telharmonic, Rings or Plaits
Some delay and reverb : noise engineering versio , 4ms tapographic delay, strymon, make noise mimeophon, MI Beads/Clouds, Instruo Arbhar
A VCA
A uzeus as power
A output module if you need.

First, you get Pam, a voice, a delay/reverb, practice a year, then bring carefully the rest of your first 84hp. And after, you bring a filter then more modulation, VCA, offset, logic, switch, clock modulator in the second 84hp...

Hi,
Look fun. It's your first rack ? When is the delivery day ?

Thread: Starter kit
  • I have only two possibly melodic sources: Plaits and the bOSC. I absolutely love both of them, but it's limiting. I'm eyeing a Klavis Twin Waves mkii next.
    -- Arrandan
    If you don't know, Zadar can be a VCO