Hi,

I've recently change the way I work with my system. PAM used to be my master clock but i've now switched to use Ableton as a master clock and sync the rack with PAM using an ES9 and Silentway. The ES9 starts and clocks PAM and everything works as expected in this regards, but there's something weird/wrong on PAM. As i am using different sequencers running at different ppq i have to set some multipliers on PAM (x2 io channel 1, x4 on channel 2 and so on). Now, when sometimes i stop the clock, PAM resets all the multiplier to 1x. I've played around in the menu to see if there's a sort of Reset upon restart but i've not find any. Also, it's very random as sometimes it does not make this reset when i stop Ableton and sometimes it only does it after 3 4 times i run and stop it.

Anyone have a clue about what it might be?

Thanks

Ehy D,

Yes, i was thinking to get the es9 but i am not sure i really need it (and the module is not cheap).
I currently use a wmd performer as mixer but i am thinking to make some room in the studio and get a proper deck.
ES9 might be a good solution to record multitrack in ableton even if i am not a great fan of working with software (i don't think i will use any of those sw compressors, etc) and i have quite a few modules for processing.
What i think i need it's a good soundcard to record a single stereo signal and something which allow me to send MIDI message from the computer to the external synth. eurorack is preferred but i apprecciate that desktop gears might be cheaper in that scenario.
thanks
mat

Hi,

It's very long time i don't use a computer (pc or mac) in my setup. I don't use any software for sound generation and i use hardware sequencers and a 4ms wav record to record. Now, i am thinking to bring an apple back in my setup for two main reasons:

1. MIDI sequncing for Polysynths (I will keep sequencing all the monophonics via external eurorack sequencer)
  2. Recording

So i am thinking to buy a:

1. Mac Mini (i don't need anything else then a software sequencer and recording capbalities)
  2. A soundcard (I would prefer to go eurorack as i don't have so much space in my very tiny studio). Which one should i conside giving i will not be using it for mixing (i will keep mixing on hardware)
  3. A midi interface

Any suggestions for point 2. and 3. - eurorack format has priority unless it's much more expansive then a desktop solution.
Thanks
Mat

Hi,

My WMD channels expand is acting weird. it looks like no sounds came out until the slider reach a position between 18 and 12 DB.

It's like it's muted until the slider goes to that level.

Anyone has experienced something like this before? Any ideas?

thanks
Mat

Thanks

Yes, i was thinking to get the latest from sounfroces

thanks
Ciao
Matteo

Hi,

In your view, what are the best drum modules to recreate the classic late 80's early 90's chicago house drum sounds (beyond the 808 and 909 clone).
E.g. Lots of records on Nu Groove Records are not on x0x beats.

Any idea/suggestions?

thanks
ciao!

Hi,

It's not triggered by the gate output of the sq64 in the gate in of the tiptop module.

Thanks

Hello,

Anyone using the 6m0d6 via midi?

I am having not luck it. Manual says it should be on channel 10 but no luck, i have also tried with all the other channels. No luck.
Also, manual says it accepts trs standard a and b. I've tried with both, no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matteo

Hi,

It works with a standard stereo cable! Thanks!

Mat

Thanks a lot, will try.

I am bulding a midi chain with 1 kenton merge 4, 1 arturia keystep, 2 korg sq64 and a polyend poly 2. I am actually 1 step only away from the goal.
Last step is from one from midi out of one of the korg into midi in of the other. They both away trs only so i need that cable. Will try with a standard cable. Curious to see if it works.
Thanks,
Mat

Hi,

I need a TRS to TRS Type A midi cable as i have to build a midi chain and i have that need.

Now, i am not able to find it anywhere so wondering if it exists.

The only one i am able to find is: https://www.thomann.de/it/boss_bcc_2_3535_trs_trs_midi_cable.htm

Does anyone knows if this is a type A and would actually work with gears other then boss pedals?

thanks
Mat

Hi,

Thinking to sell some large hp modules and so the circadian could potentially go (even if it's a great module).

I am doing some test with an old korg sq 64 i got in the 2021 but never really used that much. It's kind ok for what i want to do now but there's an issue which i have to solve.

Apparently the tiptop audio sd08 is not triggered by the korg sq. I know this might happens when the trigger signal voltage is not high enough but it's actually working with any other tiptop audio drum module i have (all the 808 and 909 kick, clap and hats).

Anyone had the same issue? Any idea how to solve?

Thanks
Matteo

Hi,

I am thinking to start including Ableton into my setup (which i've never done before to be honest).

Now, i still want to use Pamela New Workout as master clock driving my eurorack sequencers, so i need to find a way to slave ableton to Pamela.

The modules/gears which i have are:

1. PAM
  2. Polyend Poly2 (Midi to cv)
  3. SSL+ (audio/midi card)
  4. Mac running Ableton

Now, i am wondering how can i send PAM's clock to Abeleton. Not sure if the Poly 2 can pass the clock to Ableton using one of the gate and the midi out.

Anyone has experience whit does modules and this setup?

Thanks
Mat

Hi Jim,

PAM clock is on 120 BPM. I am currently sending triggers to 3 sequencers (stepper acid, metropolix, cyrcadian ryhthm)

Output multipler are set a 1x.

The sequencers are running very very slow (30 bpm to my ears). If i want them to run at 120 BPM i need to set the PAM modifiers at 4x.

Thanks
Mat

Hi,

I don't quite understand why i have to set the modifiers at 4x to get the actual BPM. If i set the modifiers to 1x i just get the BPM/4.

PPQN looks ok.

What it could be? thanks

Thread: Arpeggiator?

Hi Jim

Indeed i was wondering if the poly2 would be able to do so but apparently it won't.

I will have a look at shifty.

Thanks

Thread: Arpeggiator?

Hi,

Lately I am having some fun with my arturia keystep arpeggiating atlantis in a very electro fashion style (some 808 and 909 on the background).

I've never really had a think about getting an arpeggiator in eurorack but I am now wondering if there are any good on the market.

Another option would be to pick up a Polyend Poly 2 to route the Arturia arpeggiator signal on different modules.

Anyone having fun with arpeggiators have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ciao
Mat

Hi,

I am slowly moving away from digital effects with the look to replace them with analog ones.

I was wondering, what are your favorite eurorack analog effects?

I am particularly interested in:
1. Delay
2. Reverb
3. Flanger / Phaser

Thanks,
Regards,
Matteo

Hi @tubbutec,

Any updates on the release date?

Do you already know the frist shops which will have it?

Thanks

Hi,

Anyone knows when this will be available on the market?

thanks
ciao

Hi,

I am trying to understand which is the right card for flangers/phasers on the tiptop z-dsp series. it could be me but i can't really understand which one is the right one. Do they have a card with flangers/phaser? is the time-fabric the only one with pitch-shifter?

thanks
Mat

Hi,

Anyone knows how to contact @medicineman? - We had a bit of chat last week and agreed for an Akemie's Castle. Payment sent but i've not received any messages in the last 8 days (sent him 2/3 messages, no luck).
He has very good feedbacks but i am wondering what's going on.
If someone knows him personally and/or knows how to reach him out, could you please send me a DM?

Thanks,
Ciao,
Mat

Hi,

Bought an AJH Synth VCO here in MG and when it arrived i noticed a strange behavior. The VCO was completely unstable in terms of pitch.
I've started to make some test plugging it into different cases (doepfer psu3 and erica synth). Nothing changed. I've tried to send CV from different sources (3 or 4 sequencers), same story.

I've come across this last night, it's exactly my case: https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220598

Anyone had the same issue?

I think this module is defected.

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering what filter would pair nice with the Qu-bit chords. I've tried to use both a roland vcf 512 and a system80 860 but the results where rather poor.

Anyone has experience with this module through filters?

Thanks
Mat

Hi,

Have been looking for a thread like this but have not found any (surprisingly - i might have missed it)

What are your preferred modules for a 303 sound? Modules can either be single component (VCO, VCF) or a synthvoice (e.g. Acidlab M303).

At the moment i am using an M303 but i am looking to get something to add, so wondering what would be a good choice.

thanks
ciao

Anyone knows if the stepper acid will be back in stock? TSL does not reply to emails, wondering if they will build it again

Thanks
Ciao

Ok- I've had both Seek and Stepper. I also live in Chicago and grew up on ACID House since the age of 8. Always have been seeking Acid and somehow ended up playing live shows with my Euroracks at 41. I use the Stepper and M303 for that sound after trying countless sequencers. The Stepper hands-down is the show killer. Its got "live", "song" and "detach" modes! The Seek is fun but lacks these. Do the Stepper. The slide is adjustable as well.
-- robotmanmachine

I now have a Stepper and my very first impression is super positive. it's so easy to use and there are plenty of useful features.
I'll place it next to my 2 seeks, lets see what happens.

thanks

looks nice but....does it switch only octaves up?

Thanks

Thanks,

Yes, noticed that.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the WMD Volt. Any other?

Thanks

Hi,

Got two seeks which i am using with m303 and other roland-ish filters.
I am actually having fun but as you said the seek has some limitations.
I would love to buy a stepper but it's sold out everywhere and i was not able to find one.
I mailed a couple of time Transistor to know if they are planning to restock but i got no answers.
Anyone know if they will restock at some stage?
Thanks

Thread: 606 Clones?

Thanks,

Looks sold out tho.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway

Thread: 606 Clones?

Hi,

Anyone is aware of any tr606 clones?

Thanks,
Ciao,
Matteo

Thread: Tuner

Hi,

I am looking for a tuner to tune oscillators in my system. I currently have a bunch of analog and digital oscillators and i am struggling to get them all well tuned.
At the moment, i don't need functionalities other then the tuner, so i am more on the side to buy something cheaper then Data or O'Tool Plus (as i am not interested in the oscilloscope at the moment).

The below look like what i am looking for

L-1 Digital Tuner: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/l-1-digital-tuner
Antumbra Tune: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/antumbra-tune

Any feedback on those?
Anything similar in the same price range to consider?

Thanks a lot,
Ciao,
Matteo

Hi,

No, i was not aware of it.

Looks like no accent out tho.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Thanks,
Ciao,
Matteo

Hi,

I am thinking to buy an acidlab m303 to have some fun on acid lines.

I am actually thinking about what could be the best sequencer to pair with it.

I think that one of the most important element of acid lines is the sequencer. I don't think my actual sequencers (e.g. varigate 4+) are the right ones to sequence a '303'.

The below are the ones i am actually thinking of:

1. Seek by Copper Traces: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/copper-traces-seek
  2. Stepper Acid by Transistor Sounds Labs https://www.modulargrid.net/e/transistor-sounds-labs-stepper-acid

They both have accent out.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Matteo

Thanks for your suggestions.

@Lugia, i already have an Happy N FX Aid which i found very nice. I am actually thinking to buy an XL as well.

The FC Stasis Leaks looks good - i will have a deeper look at it.

@Troux, yes, the AML are on my lists

Thanks,
Regards,
Matteo

Hi m01c,

thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Those are indeed very good advices, i was not aware of the feedback modules chorus 106 which looks very interesting.

If you have any specific suggestions on the flangers and phasers modules, those will be very much welcome :)

thanks a lot
ciao

It would be also very good to be able to search for power consumption. It could be very handy for small cases where where it's important to put an eye on the power consumption

Hi,

I can only see modules on the right.

The Poly2 is a nice module which I also have on my list. As it's not that cheap, question is, do you really need it from the very beginning? What MIDI capabilities are you looking for?
The maestro is also a very nice module. What is the main purpose are you going for it? What do you want to achieve with it?

Ciao

Hi,

I remember i saw some videos in the past of a circadian r triggering tiptop drum modules without using cables. At the time i tought it was done via syncbus but i can't find this in the manual.
Anyone is connecting the CR to tiptop drum modules via syncbus? It this supported?
Thanks in advance,
Ciao

Hi Radtron,

Yes, i solved it by using a power adapter.
It looks like the problem appears when you run it over usb.
Hope this helps,
Ciao,
Matteo

Hi Lugia,

Yes, i am aware of the presence of FM (yamaha) sounds in their works.
I still believe that also a good amount of juno and jx (mostly 3) is there too.
I might give a try to the dx7 reface even if i am little bit scared of the programming part, which can be very time consuming.
If you have any other suggestions other then the humble audio quad operator, this would be very welcome.
Thanks
Ciao

Hi Farkas,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i got a few roland boutique (jp, juno, sh) but i feel like i want to keep all mysetup in modules. I am actually selling them and replace with modules. For the juno i will try the soundforce whereas for the sh, i am not sure yet. I own few system500 modules and i can use it for now.
For the FM, humble audio quad operator is on my list at the moment.
I am not really interested in play poly chords on keyboard. I play the piano and i can have fun with them on my digital piano.
Modular poly are fine, as long as i get get the typical drexciya (rolandish) sounds. I will keep expoloring and see if somethgnice will came.
I am actually also thinking at what effects/compressori i could get for the drums (808). Typical drexcyia's 808 is very effcted/compressed. I am using a pico dsp at the moment. Thinking to go for happy nerding aid fax and a wmd mscl compressor.
Thanks,
Ciao!

Hi,

As a big fan of Drexciya i've always been looking after their sounds. Back in the days, i had tr808, sh101, various other sh*, system 100, junos and jx3p which i think was a good setup to get a kind of their typical sounds.
Now that i moved into eurorack i am traying to build a setup which would allow me to stay on the same line.
For the tr808, i am using the tiptop modules, for same baselines i am using the system500. I am still missing their "string" sounds which at the moment i can only get close to with MI Rings in 'organ' mode.
Altought the sh101 is technically derived by the system100 one, i still don't have any filter like it in my case. I am thinking also to get the soundforce juno DCO e VCF for some of the junos sounds.
Also thinking to give a try to the g-force sh2/101 vcf along with the jp6 vcf.
Anyone has some suggeations on some modules which would help here? Any Drexciya fan?
Thanks,
Ciao

Good stuff, thanks Lugia

Hi Garfield,

Thanks for the tip. This is can help, yes. I guess i can use this in combination with some passive multiple to build the final solution i am looking after. Thanks. Matteo

Hi Farkas,

Thanks. They looks interesting.

Do you know if they are available somewhere online? Thanks

Ciao

Thanks for the suggestions

Hi,

I am building up a dedicated case for the drum modules. It hosts the drums, effects and a 6 ch mixer. I drive it via an 8 track sequencer.
Now, i was wondering what could be the best solution to patch everything so that i can just switch some cables if i want to swap some sounds or effects without having to unpatch/repatch everything.
Usually, in the past, i would have used some patchbays to do that.
The only module i come with is https://www.modulargrid.net/e/addac-system-addac911 but it's 1u and i don't have a case to host it.
Anyone has some suggestions?
thanks
regards,
Matteo

Hi,

If you would nominate some modules whit a 'Roland' sound, which ones you would go for?
I really like the Roland sound and in the past i've been owning many of their synths, sh*, jupiter 4/6/8, system 100, few junos and jx's.

I now own only a few modules of the system 500 series, which i like.

I was wondering, any other modules which could have the characteristic Roland sound? If so, which ones?

Thanks,
Regards