Where can I get this 16HP version?

Thread: Change Log

There is something wrong with the Screenshot thing!

@ambit

There is an expansion port on the back to add more features. There will be at least one expansion in the future. Can't make any promises on what the features will be at this point.

A on/off switch for latching the incoming input on each channel, would be great on the expander. So you could bypass the "momentary" thing on each gate. I am still leaving 18HP reserved on my rack.

Keep working hard!! ^^

I am really sorry for making statements out of lack of knowledge if it is the case. But, I have to make things clear, there is people like me, who doesn't care who makes the product. if kids are dying in the making process I don't care. They are no my children, and most likely I won't care either way.

As we can express everything on this forum because is free to do it, I will.

If the quality of the products or the customer service is questionable is important to me, that is the things I want to know and I appreciate it a lot. That is why I like this forum. I agree with it; but if the owner or some employee of certain companies are rapist or killers in their personal live, I don't care. I am not a hypocrite, I don't feel for them, so I won't simulate it.

BUT, I got the point!!!! I was trying to make my idea most important than the other opinions, and it was my mistake, I am sorry for it, and it won't happen again. All of you are right in their own way.

If I don't want to read about stupid human hypocrite topics on SNES, I just must get away for it and not try to do anything that will means losing my time.

I appreciate all of your info regarding hardware and modular rack, but I don't use any SNES to keep away for the illness spreading the human kind. Someone said awareness? BS, you don't even know what awareness means. Just another fish of the ocean.

So, by all means, I just want to say "Thank you" to all you for your help on hardware relating the modular business.

Hi!
I like this forum a lot, and I am learning about "euro-rack modules". It is so awesome!
But, what is all this thing about politics statements on an electronic modules platform.
Everybody can think and express whatever they want, if it doesn't affect the products they make, who care?, if the quality is involved, of course, it is related to this forum; everything else is out the place.
If people IRL commit "real" crimes, let the law do its things; please, don't let the keyboard's double-moralistic warriors invade this place. Everything has its right place, and I am not here to read about the fashion politics tendencies.
I don't think this nice and beautiful place was made for that illness to spread around.
Thank you.

Hello again to this awesome community. I have other hobbies and I am in a lot of forums, but this is by far the most expressive and knowledge sharing of all of them. Normally people just show off what they got and what they did, but rarely they explain things. Most likely, you figured out, English is not my mother tongue, sorry about my mistakes on that regard.

Now to business.
I am trying to simplify my first prototype from two "Mantis" cases and one "Intellijel 7U" to only the two "Mantis". It is hard because I had to compromise my finger's comfort to small modules, comparing to my first built rack.
What I am looking for is really simple, an custom-made modular synthesizer.
I said it before, I want to generate Leads from it; I want to play it with all my external devices: Drum machine, step sequencers, mixers and complement the other sound devices: Behringer 2600, Model D , Subharmonicon and Hydrasynth. To summarize it a little, what I want to build is a extremely customizable "standard" synthesizer.

What I want for making public this second rack v2, is all the help you could provide me, pointing what module should get out and replace it for more efficient ones, what probably will I use the most and what is not so useful. Things like that.

I had read about a lot of modules listed on the modulargrid DB, but I am not even close enough to say I know half of them. -_-: that is why I am asking for directions.

Thank you very much.

Just a note here, if the information about the Disting EX is correct, the module is too deep for the Palette. I even had to keep that in mind when putting it only at the Mantis's bottom row, not at the top.

Sadly, I am not the right person to give you tips on this, I am on the same boat as you. But, I recommend you to start using the Finder Module option by category and read all about the modules and make some investigation on them, manuals and stuff. Then, you put together your own creation, don't worry, the people on modulargrid are awesome and will guide you and help you on all you doubts. I did that and they treated me really well and still do, and you can learn really fast after all their ideas and suggestions.
Just decide what kind of case you will need at first, make your rack public on the forum and the vast ocean of knowledge will come to you.

In my case, I already have the SQ-64 and Keystep 37, and most likely I will get my Analog four MKII into the equation when needed. I think I am good on the Sequencing department for now. And yes, I want to put my hands on that blue thing asap. ^^

What Lugia said is a excellent idea for new people (like myself) getting into the modular world.
I made a reservation on Sweetwater for the B.2600 Marvin edition, probably I will get it at the end of the year, but it is a solid step to get into modular and build around it.

Hi!!

More or less my project is taking form, I had to expand the design with a Intellijel case, the 1U row rocks.

ModularGrid Rack

I read here and there and all of you are awesome. Pointing out even the most minimal details even with information of all kind.

Thank to all of you.

Excellet!! @jb61264

Yes, exactly what I want to do, explore slowly and integrate my gears into the modular world.

Thank you, and GL to you too.

I got more or less what I want running on track now.

I haven't read a lot about all this as I'd like to do, but I am doing it slowly.
I am learning about he modules and reading some manuals and stuff, I am more the type to read big books and manuals instead of watching videos.
OK. I will summarize a little what external devices I have so you could make an idea why important and relevant modules are missing.

Korg SQ-64
Roland TR-8S (I don't need drums on the rack, the SQ-64 will move the drum machine)
Behringer Model D (Bassline here)

The Hydrasynth and the Microfreak complement all this.

Now, I won't be buying like crazy these modules, I will get a small desktop modular synth first.

I need to choose 2 out of these 4 units:
-Pittsburgh Lifeforms SV-1b
-Erica System Pico III
-Make Noise 0-Coast (But, as at the moment I want those Make Noise modules present on my rack, I will most likely ignore the 0-coast)
-Moog Subharmonicon

So, the rack is most likely to complement those devices, not mean to be stand-alone.
After I play around with them and learn more about modular and voltage stuff, I will start building the rack.
As I said before, I want lot of potential options of sound modifications and experimentation for main leads and crazy stuff.

I would love to have the Qu-bit chord module on the rack, but I can't find where I can fit it (physically)

Now to business, how does it looks?
I got rid of the Z8000, it won't help for my purpose after reading the manual, so I got more LFOs. Isn't it a bad idea to have lot of LFOs, right? or there is a better practice instead of wanting lot of modulation sources?
I got rid of the FXs modules (The Distings are safe, that isn't their main purpose on my rack anyway) I will be using my external pedal and FXs units. (FX2000, NTS-1 and Collider)
I got rid of the mixer, I will assign one of my mixers to this rack (VLZ4)

This is most likely all I wanted to say right now; ohhh BTW I have my doubts with the Pulsar, I'd love to have that module on my rack, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out the real purpose for it on my rack, so meanwhile I just put it beside Pamela.

@Ronin1973 @Lugia @JimHowell1970
Thank you very much to all the community.

Understood! @Lugia
Thank you!

Clear!!
Thank you @JimHowell1970

I got it!

BTW, I have a noob question @Ligia @JimHowell1970. If a VCO has 1 Sub-Osc (-1 Oct) output; should I have at least 2 filter, 2 VCA and 4 EG minimum for that particular Oscillator? and preferably, should they be the same model of each one (VCF, VCA, EG)?

Thanks.

Thanks, @JimHowell1970

With this explicit information:
"rear headers (-> attenuation) -> 1/8" -> 1/4""

It is most certainly you are right, the 3HP version must be modular lvl.
The intention here looks obvious, if you need Line lvls go for the 6HP version.

Thank you very much for your points, I took note of all of them and processing!!!

Edir: BTW @JimHowell1970, the Douts's outputs are Line level or Modular level? I am guessing it only makes sense with Line lvl outs, but I must ask anyway. Thanks.

O.O WoW that mixer is even better than the other two. I even got to free some HPs swapping them. Check my new modified rack out with somehow your ideas on.

Thanks!!

Edit: I think I got on the right direction and almost finish my intentions so far with my built. I can see most clearly where I want to go... ^^

Indeed!! I like the BL mixer too. I can keep the Intellijel mixup together with this one.
Thank you.

Thank you for this!!
If you make some farther changes, let a comment, please.
Don't delete it yet! ^^

Awesome!!

You have given me lot of homework. I need to study a lot of this, especially those first meeting modules on there.
I understand your arrangement and why is that. It is cool.

What got my complete attention was the small 1HP power checkers, something so important I didn't know it does exist.

But, there is something I really need and you took out; the WMD stereo xfader and compressor, and so the Erica DSP2, these units are essentially to process external stereo audio source and sent it back to the external mixer w/o mixing with the internal audio line, the Intellijel IN/Out on top row in the rack was for that purpose..

My first conclusion is, I need to get out modules for external stereo processing to a small case, like the 4ms pods.

I appreciate all the perspectives and POV in this modular approach.
I need to check all those modules out and distribution, I will be busy for awhile. ^^

Thank you very much, again.
Banzai!!

Thank you very much!!

Thank you very much!!
I definitely added both of them, I knew about the Pamela, but it is a little troublesome to get a new one.
Where can I get a new one in USA online stores?

Sure...
You are right about the wavefolder modules, I will get rip of one of them for sure. I will most probably keep the bifold for the Xfader option, I need it.
Regarding the Ins/Outs, I do need both at the same time; the top one is for getting in external stereo/mono audio, process it and send it back to the external mixer while the bottom one does what it has to do.
And yes, I am thinking in a sampler playback unit, and definitely you are right again, the Morphagene is one of my options, but most probably I will go for a most simple module on that aspect.
I read about the Riot, but I think it is not for me, I can still do random stuff with the same amount of outputs on the SQ-64. And I was thinking in something a little most elaborated for generating a smaller amount of gates in case of need, like Marbles.
You are right with the Black Module, I was thinking the same, you can't use the S&H and LFO at the same time. It is so bad.
But If I decide to go with the FH-2 instead of the most simple Intellijel unit, I will have LFOs from there. And MOE outputs can generate LFOs too.
If you have a nice LFO on mind, let me know.

Edit: I think I better look for a separated S&H module instead of looking for another LFO. ^^

You certainly have lots of good points.
Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Thank you very much!!

I more or less understand your concerns and points and I can see clearly the overall is focused in space, lucky for me, this is not a major problem, but I clearly understood the point. I need to say something on this matter, I literally don't have small hands, and it won't be fun play around with smalls nobs and cumbersome 2HP/4HP modules here and there. I had to decide for the small mixers as a way to get some extra space, but I am still thinking on it. But certainly you are right, I need to look for another OSC, I need two VCO for sure, but they can be smaller than the PitsM. I was already thinking about it.

I know the Z8000 is huge and it can't work alone, but I will paired with the Korg SQ-64. And I will definitely look the Hermod module, this is exactly the reason I opened this thread.

And, yes, I need to think more about the clocking system, but overall the SQ-64 will take care of everything externally, I didn't mean to build a stand-alone rack, I will use my external gear with it. The SQ-64 can handle almost everything regarding sequencing, quantizing, clocking, even step gating/clocking the Z8000 Clock inputs. But, you are certainly right, I need to think more on this.

About Clock system modules, what could be my best option, taking in consideration I can generate divider/multiplier clocks from the Expert Sleepers FH-2 module when needed too. I was thinking in something like the 4ms QDC, but it takes 22HP with its expander.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Edit: I expanded the rack to 416HP, to show the two Mantis is a fact.

Hi!
I am trying to figure out my first rack, I am into most experimental sounds and messing around combining and dividing to get weird and crazy stuff, but sometimes get musical things out of it. I don't need percussions, nor bass lines oriented modules. I can always get another Tiptop 208 case, there is no pressure for space, not travel or mobile stuff.
I will use the Korg SQ-64 as the brain sequencer, clock and quantizer. The TR-8S as my drum machine and Behringer Model D for the bass line. In conclusion I just want a extremely focused noise mutable Lead sound rig. Apart for the 208HP, I want to build a 108HP mono/stereo effect rig. I have both of them Public, I will pay attention to all the experts ideas and helping comments if I ever get one.

Thanks in advance!
Regards.

Edit: Here is the second part of this rack with lot of changes:
ModularGrid Rack