I just traded down into this case from a RackBrute 6u 84hp case...

My concern with a bigger case is that it will completely overwhelm me and I'll want to fill it with things that I may not need. I started eurorack with a big ass Behringer case (traded into the RackBrute from there) - now I've made it here and I'm REALLY happy where I am right now... possibly down the line I can change some stuff up or upgrade, but for a lot of things in my life I'm trying to minimalize, so that's part of the focus for this build... I'm having a lot of fun with this now (even tho I'm still waiting for the last 3 modules to get here) but damn yeah the EX would be nice.

Assuming you do not own any of these modules already :) why not have a disting EX rather than two disting Mk4's ?
-- Jobbey

I own most of what's here! I just need the State Variable Filter and the 2nd Disting. (The Guillotine, Sloth, Krach, and STMIX are on the way, I have a Shades right now. I love shades, but it's not cutting it for this rack's needs.)

I would love to have the Disting EX - however, I believe that it is too deep for the pallet case sadly, so the two Distings will suffice. If I'm wrong - let me know, because I would love to have the Disting EX screen and added utility.

• The not at all unique utilities are Sloth (apathy), Krach, and Guillotine.
  • The ubiquitous utilities are Duatt, Tri Filter, and Stereo Mixer

corrected

it's how you use them that could make them less unique... but unlikely given beauty case

-- JimHowell1970

You are 100% correct haha. Maybe I should say "The 3 utilities I find slightly more interesting" and "The 3 utilises that make everything else work"

I can't make notes - but I can comment!

I've been messing around with modular for about a year now, and I think I'm finally getting it. After finally figuring out what it is I want to do - this setup meets my needs.

Fata Morgana II is an ambient / drone / noise exploration synth.

• The Centerpiece modules are the Mimeophon, Morphagene, and Ears.
  • The main driver is Pamelas New Work out (its the brains of the operation)
  • The Disting MK4 is a sample loader ambient exploration or VCOs for droning (or whatever you need really)
  • The utilities I find slightly more fun are the Sloth (apathy), Krach, and Guillotine.
  • The utilities that are the real lifeblood are the Duatt, State Variable Filter, and STMIX

I use this with an OP-Z and odd vhs/cassette tapes I find.
I'll post some videos once I have them, still trying to figure out the best way to record things!

Hope this offers some explanation on the purpose of the build!

MSRP For this module is now 70$ (USD) according to the manufacturer's website.