You can copy/paste from different browsers..
-- modulargrid

This does not work for me
each browser session has its own clipboard

When dealing with multiple browser windows for rearrangements all windows are doomed to use the same zoom level.
This is a bit tedious when dealing with one huge and one small rack.
As far as i know the browser zoom level is always the same for each (sub)domain.

@modulargrid can you try to add a 2nd subdomain which serves the same site (like www2.modulargrid.net ) to allow different zoom levels?
Or will this break the copy paste functionality?
In case you give it a try dont forget to set canonical meta tags and disable site indexing.
thx!

Is it possible to automatically create a rack with all modules in my collection?

as far as i know this is not possible

Or at least to see the total HP of the collection?

At the bottom of your racks there is a link to the data sheet:

At the bottom of the data sheet you can see the total HP

Would like to somehow see everything that I have.

you can add all modules of your rack(s) to your collection:

You have a list of all your modules in the my modules tab:

Thread: Bug Report

Found some querying inconsistencies in the Module Finder when it comes to modules listed under the "Other/unknown" manufacturer:
-- drohn

"other/unknown" is excluded on purpose which makes sense to me.
There is a hint when you have 0 search results as well:

...I would apreciate a healthy discussion on this topic, do you have sync problems or is your system working...
-- GunnarWaage

Maybe a bit off topic because i dont use "sample accurate sync" but here is my synchronisation experience:
We have a lot of jam sessions with all kind of electronic music equipment (dozens or close to 100 different syncable devices within the last years).
Everything is synced via MIDI clock and in some subsystems this MIDI clock gets converted to CV-clock/reset via Arturia devices (Keystep PRO, Beatstep PRO) or PAMs.
In those hardware based setups sync accuracy has never been an issue.

As soon as a laptop or tablet (windows, mac, ios, android) needs to be synced as slave things start to get inaccurate.
But every better software has the possibility to adjust the clock-sync-offset in milliseconds.
Strange thing i experienced is that the needed offset value is often very different compared to former jam sessions with the same equipment.

There are indeed a few syncable eurorack modules that are always a single CV-clock-tick ahead.
To solve this issue i have built an arduino that holds back the very first clock tick after start.
Now i have 2 different master clocks in my eurorack to get everything in perfect sync
https://github.com/othmar52/blazing-baton-eurorack

... Can you just use some special cables in place of the small shunts that currently need to be physically moved from the LPF pins to the HPF ones? Is this what you mean by jumper cables? Thanks!
-- thermal

you can replace those red jumpers

with "Arduino Jumper wires"

connected to any SPDT switch (center pin on PCB to center pin on switch)

if you need further assistance feel free to PM me to keep this thread module specific...

...Bit of a shame there aren't switches for this on the face of the module as it's a pain to take the module out mid session to swap the jumpers on the back...
-- thermal

in case you have 2HP left it shouldn't be that hard to turn a blank panel into a non-destructive breakout module with a few small switches.
with long jumper cables it also would be possible to place this breakout module in the row above or below...
two years ago i made something similar https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-a-128-bypass-breakout

All versions of Happy Nerding - FX Aid seems to be capable as well:

Further Expert Sleepers - Disting MK4 has also a DJ-Filter algorithm:

some of the doepfer filter modules do this in 8hp - wasp, sem etc
-- JimHowell1970

I have 2 wasp filters but the LP/HP mix knob is additional to the cutoff knob which requires to use both hands in some situations.
unfortuantely the unfiltered signal of the cutoff is on the opposite position for HP/LP (like most filters i have in my rack).
thx anyway!!

...Usually called "DJ" filters...
-- farkas

thank you!

Hi
Does anyone know (preferably small) modules that acts as LP and HP filter with a single frequency knob?
noon: unfiltered
CCW: LP cutoff
CW: HP cutoff

Like endorphin.es squawk dirty to me in this mode:

or the endorphin.es - Ghost

Does this type of filter-combo has a special name?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

...patch cables go from input to output hence an optimised system should ideally have the same number of these, no matter which modules are included...
-- Dan_ogq

I disagree. for me an optimized system is defined by other aspects than than the relation of I/O's
- most important: can i achieve the audible results that i want?
- is it ergonomic or is there room to optimise by rearranging some modules?
- is it performable the way that i want?
- is it easy to get every module perfectly in sync without struggling with missing clock ticks?
- do i have enough headroom with my power supplies?
- is my lightning ok regardless where my rack is located?
- is there any audible result i want to achieve but not possible with modules i have?
- is it easy for me to find/grab the right patch cables?
- etc.

those are a few of my thoughts to optimize my personal rack...

using the "search similar racks" function i found a nearly identical rack:
maybe it includes the blurry modules that cant be recognized in the video...

Yesterday i wondered if its time to rearrange the (~160) modules in my rack from scratch
As its not possible to place modules to a specific position within the rack this is horrible monkeywork on huge racks
so much scrolling, so much zooming in and out, so much searching in the my modules list, so much fiddling around with the buggy hard to use module placement that requires pixel perfect movements...

so i had another idea to start with this task:
it would be great to work with module dummies in the real world before starting to persist the arrangement in modulargrid.
smaller versions (maybe 1:2) of each module printed on paper or cardboard which can be arranged & moved around on a desk.

using AI it shouldnt be that hard to convert existing images of the modules to printable blueprints/pictograms that can be printed to paper and cutted with a scissor.

So my huge feature request (or at least placing the idea for this feature) is an "export all my modules or a specific rack to printable A4 sheets"

I have to admit thats especially for users with huge racks because small racks are handleable completely digital within modular grid...
Maybe the idea is totally crap because some aspects are much more tedious than on modulagrid (like searching modules or to get a feeling for the arrangement with only a black/white mess of tiny pieces of paper/cardboard)
Any thoughts?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/takaab-vlh-vco-s-little-helper
...Wishbonebrewwery -- Takaab could work but I REALLY dont like 2hp modules. fingers are just too fat...
-- Scarfmeister

as a workaround i have most of my 2hp modules combined with small blank panels on at least one side.
this particular module does not have any potentiometers so probably there is no need for additional space.

i never have heard of this module but reading the description made my curious - i am going to search for some sound examples...

Thread: Change Log

Push entire row of Modules

-- modulargrid

in my opinion it would be better to close the remaining gaps with each push one by one with each click
your soulution removes all gaps at once
thx anyway

currently you can only swap entire rows. its not possible to move a row to a specific position without messing up the rest of the rack
Edit -> Swap Rows

i already made a feature request for moving a row
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/view/39243

Ah, tnx i get it. Tnx for the reply ! Im looking more for something more easy and less damging to my cases. As in, unscrewing evry time i need the case, thats gonna make some damage.

-- Gijsja

in your first post you said ...i dont mind drilling in yhe cases...
the "damage" would be 2 holes on each case edge that has to be connected (a total of 8 holes)
attaching and removing a metric screw within a metric nut does not cause any further damage.

Hey, tnx for your reply, how do you disconnect the top case ?
-- Gijsja

i have to remove those two M5 screws on each side. then i can lift the upper case:

maybe its more clear on my (unfinished) top case

of course this is not exactly applyable with your cases - but i think a similar solution would be possible. do you have pictures?

recently i built a custom case that consist of multiple stackable sub cases:
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3993355#p3993355

first i tried to use 8mm x 80mm metal bolts between the cases but i was not successful.
I was hoping to be able to stack & unstack the cases without the need for any tool.

after i realised that its totally ok for me using a tool in favour of a good connection between the cases i finally mounted a 3mm metal plate with 2 M5 holes on top of each sub case
it looks like a strong connection with nothing to worry about.

When dealing with huge racks that are very full its often a pain to perform tiny rearrangements
it would be great to workaround this by temporary injecting empty rows and remove them again
something like this

Row functions
├── Swap Rows
│   ├── Row 1
│   │   ├── with Row 2
│   │   └── with Row 3
│   ├── Row 2
│   │   ├── with Row 1
│   │   └── with Row 3
│   └── Row 3
│       ├── with Row 1
│       └── with Row 2
├── Move Row
│   ├── Row 1
│   │   ├── to position 2
│   │   └── to bottom
│   ├── Row 2
│   │   ├── to top
│   │   └── to bottom
│   └── Row 3
│       ├── to top
│       └── to position 2
├── Insert empty row
│   ├── 3U
│   │   ├── top
│   │   ├── between rows 1 & 2
│   │   ├── between rows 2 & 3
│   │   └── bottom
│   └── 1U
│       ├── top
│       ├── between rows 1 & 2
│       ├── between rows 2 & 3
│       └── bottom
└── Remove empty rows
    ├── all
    ├── empty row y
    └── empty row x

Thread: DivKid ochd

I bought my ochd in 2021, and after unpacking it, I noticed an ugly stain on the encoder button that looks like dirt but couldn't be wiped off.

Schneidersladen offered to replace the ochd, but it seems to me that shipping it across Europe wouldn't justify this first-world problem. Therefore, I decided to keep it. As for its functionality, I've never had any issues. Everything has always worked perfectly, and I use it frequently.

intellijel...
-- JimHowell1970

perfect - thanks a lot for your advice and explanation!

Hi,
Currently i am building a "modular" modular case. It consists of several cases that can be stacked to an unlimited height.
the very top (case-) module will have a 1 meter LED bar that emits to the ceiling.
This Led bar has a height of ~ 70mm so i will have space for a 1U row at the front.
I have no idea if i ever will use this 1U row for modules. for now i will create a huge blank panel for this
but i wonder in which distance i should drill the holes for the rails.

Researching the different 1U front panel heights brought me:
Intellijel: 39,65 mm
Pulp Logic: 1,7 inch which should be 43,18 mm

Is one of the formats more future proof than the other?
thanks for any advice or opinion!

I would like to easily filter out blank panels.
-- jgb

Second on this

-- Dub007

something like this?

or is there another context where excluding blank panels makes sense?

• Room for expansion... there should be 8-10 HP left in my rack.

hahaha - thar's not room for expansion ....
-- JimHowell1970

consider to replace HP with U when thinking about room for expansion :D
just kidding - but 8-10 HP will not be enough.

a few minutes of yesterdays 8 hour synth jam session...

...What are some things that I can do to troubleshoot this.
-- isolatediguana

without having proper knowledge i had been messing around with hissing noise in audio equipment every now and then.
in some cases the direction of the AC power plug solved my issue.
in other cases i figured out that a totally different device (e.g. some light) had been the cause
sometimes an additional wire (ground to ground) solved my problem.

further you can try to narrow down the cause by unplugging all modules in both cases and replug+check them one by one.
good luck!

...click on "My Modular" it takes me to the last Eurorack system I had looked at...
-- JohnLRice

my experience is that "My Modular" always shows the rack with the most recent changes. But maybe i am wrong...

Would be nice to be able to duplicate a module when planning a rack. Maybe a button or so on the top left like the others.
-- maths

...they don't want to share the secret sauce.
-- Sedalus

thank you for that one :D

...I normally have my current rack and some variation of it as public...
-- ferranadsr

that sounds pretty normal to me.
as stated in my initial post - i am curious why people set all of their racks to private. without judging anything...
(i have added ALL to the topic title)

i wasnt't aware of the "Panning Law" which totally makes sense...

I found this passive stereo solution. But i assume the Panning Law is not respected:
https://myvolts.co.uk/product/82800/myVolts_Pots_and_Pans_-_potentiometer_volume_control_with_pan_mode_and_mute_button

it shouldn't be that hard to solder short cables with jacks of your choice onto this PCB...

...what I want is a Zero HP Passive Stereo Panner to connect between a Stereo source and my main mixing....
-- wishbonebrewery

@wishbonebrewery What do you mean with Zero HP?
Similar to a passive "inline attenuator" like that?

...So that would mean I can send a velocity (cv, not trigger) message to the trigger input?
-- Loersatz

Hi,
I dont know the specific modules you are using. But maybe my (pretty short) experience with modular is helpful:

The trigger inputs on my modules mainly reacts when there is a voltage rise within a very short time in the input signal (RISE).
I can imagine that there are also trigger inputs that reacts to fast voltage drops as well (FALL).

All my sequencers that produces gate & pitch/CV have one thing in common:
The voltage of the pitch/CV output stays at the last sent value until the next gate with a different value is fired.
So the pitch/CV does not go back to zero volts after the step!
But the voltage of the gate-out goes always back to zero (time depends on gate length).

With that in mind you can try the following to produce gates that has different voltages and also jump back to zero volts after trigger.

route the pitch/CV signal of your sequencer through a VCA
use the the gate signal of your sequencer to control the VCA
plug the output of the VCA into the "dynamic trigger input" of your module.
pretty sure it will work!?

I wish I could filter/sort by whether a module is in the rack I am currently viewing...
...Not sure how generally useful this feature would be...
-- adamj

+1 from me!

Not really a function but i noticed that it is not possible to filter for polyphonic modules...
may be it makes sense to include polyphony in the function list!?

... the notes are all the same from G upwards...
-- wishbonebrewery

Dont't know if this is helpful...
I tested mine by routing the pitch input through the mordax data voltage monitor.
My Rings takes voltages from 0.0V to 5.54V. Everything higher than 5.54V is ignored.

Some Idiot just bought the last two Ziqals from Schneiders before me...
-- Kemal

if you don't stop to call people idiot on the MG forum (especially when they did nothing wrong) i will hunt you down like Liam does :)
good luck for finding a unit somewhere else!

Is there a way to set the current module image to something other than HEAD even if someone wants the current default image? (So that a rack isn’t following the HEAD image, and doesn’t update when a new image is uploaded.)
-- chaos215bar2

simply choose everything but not HEAD

EDIT
ensure you have enabled the panel selector (top right of the rack)

further i misunderstood your question :D
in my opinion it makes sense to have modules default image set to HEAD because there are often improvements in quality or perspective.

...Does any one know it would fit for those 3,26 mm?
-- bdmoscoso

FX Aid XL's module depth without ribbon cable:
37,6mm

with attached (included) ribbon cable that has a strain relief:
45,5mm

with attached ribbon cable that has no strain relief:
41,0mm

...I'm using a Blokas MidiHub to route clocks etc to pedal...
...Really powerful little box!...
-- geusensdriesmusic

Yeah - this box seems to be really powerful! But maybe a bit overhead for this use case.
If you are already on the MIDI side of the task a cheaper (and passive) solution for filtering MIDI messages would be the Miditech Midi Thru 4.
I have 2 of those in my non-eurorack-setup and never experienced any problems with it.

Sometimes a click on a username to see his/her modules and racks. then i find dozens of racks all set to private.
I am curious - what is YOUR reason to set everything to private?

If you ever have considered to dive into the world of micro controllers (Arduino) this would be a great real world use case for a tiny project.
In case you're interested i can send you a few links to my projects where reading cv clock/reset and sending midi clock already exists.
Of course its a lot harder than buying a finished device - but you will learn a lot and maybe inspires you to create other unique stuff with midi + cv signals.

hello, thank you for your attention. Also, thanks for the warning. We fixed the issue
-- Vaemi

youre welcome!
@modulargrid consider to add some kind of instruction to insert 0 in case a specific power line is not used

@modular01 power specifications are exactly as written and written correctly. 5V is not used in the module you gave for example.
-- Vaemi

this "5V is not used" should be inserted as 0 mA
its impossible to distinguish between zero mA and missing information when you keep this field empty
thank you!

@Vaemi if possible please ensure there is nothing missing in the power specs:

thank you!

hi
this one is more bug than feature...
if a module does not have an image a MG branded placeholder is shown. it seems that this placeholder does only work for >=18HP.
in case the module is smaller (e.g. 4HP) the image doesn't fit at all and looks like crap:

currently i am building a bunch of DIY modules and i am not able to attach images until those modules are finished. but already planning a new rack with those unfinished modules isn't really an exotic use case, isn't it?

there is a youtube channel called @eurorackDIY where you can find really useful tuto.
-- klodifokan

good to know
thank you!!

I'd try on modwiggler/MusicTechDIY...
-- JimHowell1970

great idea
Thank you!!

Hi
i want to build 2 passive modules but i am a noob.
are there any PCB experienced bleepbloppers out there who would like to transform my design into a file that can be uploaded to a PCB manufacturer? both modules are very simple but one has a multi layer PCB.
of course i pay for this job.
in case anyone is interested please send me a message.
thanks!

Hi,
I just wondered if it makes sense to correct something like this:
Varigate 4+ is listed with a street price of € 258:

on schneidersladen.de its currently available for € 318
i found some notes about including/excluding vat in this thread

street price of € 258 may was true some time ago but in my opinion the street price should be changed to € 318
Do you agree?