Thus far I have bought, Plaits, Ripples, Knob farm Hyrlo / Ferry, Pams, ALM mmmidi and expander, and a Michigan Synth works BLN. Function generator and VCAs will be next I think.
ModularGrid Rack

Some thoughts...

Using an Octatrack, consider a MI Ears (or two). Than you can process samples through your modular. Rings as a resonator can be lots of fun, but the Octatrack also has a resonator.

When using CV.OCD, Pam's could be redundant (except for LFO's). So maybe instead of Pam's a Batumi?
-- M01C

I have bought a Michigan synth works BLN as an output module, but it also has a Balanced line level to Eurorack convertor at the top, so I can send audio in. Should work well I hope:)

I use the Delta-V and love it, its strengths and weaknesses have already been covered above.

I know a few people who use the Boundary and seem to like it a lot.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/schlappi-engineering-boundary

There is also the Rampage @ 18hp.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/befaco-rampage

You can also do a "Quasy" 1/2 - Maths using a Contour 1 and the O/A/x2.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/joranalogue-audio-design-contour-1
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy-circuits-alm010-o-a-x2
-- Vow3ll

Looking into all these options, thanks for the info. Contour has such glowing reviews. Would only provide one envelope as Maths has 2 right? Seems hard to beat Maths value wise, but it does use a lot of HP. Still considering Delta-V as well.

I was checking out Falistri. Seems like a great option, and sounds nice as a VCO. Also just looks super cool! I’ll check out the link.

Maths is a good choice if you are interested in learning modular synthesis - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' - as opposed to synthesis with modules, if you see what I mean! delta v is also a good choice, but doesn't have the learning resources...

I'd go for veils over the dual vca - you can never have too many vcas!!!

Rings is not particularly similar to plaits - plaits has a couple of Rings-ish settings, but has a lot more besides (and vice versa)

otherwise @ronin1973 and @plragde have you covered

for mults - if you have 2 sound sources and 2 v/oct sequencing channels - then buffering is superfluous - as it is only really needed for pitch, otherwise passive is fine & in a tiny case such as this, stackcables or headphone splitters are a better option as they won't take space

-- JimHowell1970

I see! :) If I can fit maths I will. Does seem to be a great learning tool. Been trying to figure out what I would be missing by going with the Delta-V. Mixer, attenuverters?

Veils 2020 seems like the way to go for VCAs.
Switch to a passive mult as well, cheaper is better!

Thanks for the input!

Good job on your first post. The link the rack was done exactly as it should be.

First and foremost, what is the depth of your rack? If your power rails or anything else is bolted to the floor in some parts, you'll have to be aware of that too.

The Disting IV is a good choice. But the EX is like getting two IVs in one unit. It's worth it if you're going so small.

The Noise Engineering Mimetic Digitalis is a great micro-sequencer to pair with your Pam's. There will be times when you want to just jam without messing around with your external gear. It's a thought.

The buffered mult is a bit of a waste on a rack this small. It's only 2HP. But that might be the difference between getting a future module you want or settling for something less.

Getting a Dixie + isn't a bad idea at all. Oscillators also make great modulators. I believe the Dixie can also get down to LFO rates. So it'll serve double duty if you like.

If there's room, I'd add a micro Ornaments & Crime. I think a Pam's, a Disting EX, and an O&C make a great backbone for lots and lots of "Swiss Army Knife" functionality.
-- Ronin1973

Thanks so much for the reply!

Rack Depth is 70mm and (above Power Supply): 62mm. I've been double checking the few modules I've ordered to be sure everything clears. I was looking at the EX seems super powerful. One issue I have is the case I got is a little low on power 850mA. I got such a good deal on the case and 2 modules I can't complain. The EX needs lots of power. So hard to get around that one.

I was really hoping to avoid screens, but the o_C seems far too useful. Also has a sequencer! Quad Quantizer and all kinds of goodies. Seems like a great fit for a small case.

Dixie + seems like it would be a good contrast to Plaits. One digital and one analog VCO.

Thanks again!

Little edit here. Decided to use my Octatrack for sequencing for the time being. Cramming a sequencer into this case just seemed silly. With sequencing, drums, and most effects out of the rack I think I can focus on the fundamentals.
Update: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1789739.jpg

Trying to decided between Maths and Delta-V by Cosmotronic. Also, thinking about a second Voice and a dedicated Sample and Hold module.

First time poster here. Been thinking about dipping my toe in the world of Eurorack. Feeling stale with my mostly all Elektron workflow. A buddy is willing to do me a killer deal on a Pittsburgh Modular Move 104 case, with Plaits and Ripples in it. That would be my starting place. Looking to create somewhat intentional melodic sequences and have them get "generative" from there (Bloom, but would consider Marbles as well). Hoping to get 2 voices in this small case, that could be pushing my luck though. Wondering is Plaits and Rings are too similar or if I should look in a different direction for a smallish hp second voice (sto, dixie, etc).

Here is my plan so far:
ModularGrid Rack

I want to make sure I am not overlooking any utilities or making any glaring omissions. Should I swap in a quad VCA, some sort of LPG, any other utilities I'm missing? Any input is valued! This is all very tentative, still planning.

Will use Elektron boxes for drums and eventually get a cv.ocd to use with my Octatrack for another CV sequencing option. Also have a DFAM and Matriarch that will play nice with whatever I end up building.