Sorry for the delayed reply, I forgot I posted this :)

Thanks Jim & farkas for the very useful info. I've since thinned out my herd of oscillators, taking out the A-110-1, E350, and one of the A-110-4s. I've added the Nin expander to Zadar, and have discovered the joys of having an envelope ready to go on-demand. Tempted to add another if not for cost. Will likely add another Veils as well, and maybe a second Plaits if I see a good price locally. I've also moved the DFAM into the rack, and it's integrating well enough with the rest of the system, at least until I need more HP :D

Speaking of HP, I'm wondering if the Erica Black Sequencer is going to stay. On paper it seems to give me more than the Metropolix, but it's (to me) not as intuitive and immediate to use, so I've been using it more for MIDI-to-CV than as a sequencer. If I cut that out, is there an obvious candidate for taking in at least 4 channels of MIDI? Hermod looks like it, but is there something else I don't know about? I've tried the Doepfer A-190-4 and was impressed with how cryptic it was to set up.

Morning all, so I've somehow accumulated a large amount of modules over the past two months, telling myself to buy whatever looks fun (within "reason"), and trim later. I suspect I'm nearing a good point to trim, but I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything that might be useful, or have anything too superfluous.

I'm quite new to all this, but so far I'm having great fun making interesting noises and soundscapes. I'm not entirely sure where I want to go production-wise, but over the years (I'm 39) I've spent most of my time listening to Shibuya-Kei and adjacent Japanese artists (Cornelius, Fantastic Plastic Machine, YMO, Pizzicato Five, anything Trattoria/Readymade/Emperor Norton), 90s music like Bjork, Bogdan Raczynski, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, pretty much anything synth-based from the 80s, then some Torley Wong, Clint Mansell, Ulrich Schnauss, Brian Eno, etc. If I'm drawing inspiration from all of that, I'd try to draw out the fun/playfulness of these acts. Polyphony is not a huge goal, as I don't think I could do better than the Summit with modular, so keeping it under 4 voices for the most part.

So, the main questions I have:

1. Do if I have any duplication going on, especially with oscillators (3x A-110-4, E350 & E352, etc)?
  2. How much overlap/duplication is there between Beads and the Microcosm? They both sound great, but I'm not sure I could explain their differences very well yet.
  3. Are there any utilities I'm obviously missing?

This is three Doepfer A-100-G6 cases, with the top right spot acting as a shelf, currently holding a Roland TR-8S. The Roland 531 mixer is powered by the uZeus so I can use it when the racks are off. The Tiptop Quantizer currently has the arpeggiator firmware, and the uO_c has Hemispheres.

External gear: Roland TR-8S, Moog DFAM, Korg Volca FM/Sample/Keys, Hologram Microcosm, several POs, Synthstrom Deluge, Polyend Tracker, Novation Summit, Korg Minilogue, Arturia Keystep 37, Tektronix 465B (analog scope)

Rack: ModularGrid Rack