You need to pay & get a unicorn account...

Thread: Magic Panels

They are really awsome.
Loving the tune as well.

I was looking at that Cosmix also but as it's now older model it's not so easy to find...
I got this instead which is similar (I also like having mutes on hand)
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/g-storm-electro-influx

There are a few options for recording out but honestly there a lots of low cost USB audio interfaces available that would do this for you & that would cost less that buying a dedicated module.
You could use the remaining funds & HP you would save (niftycase is quite small) to get something else to put in the case.

Not exactly what you are looking for but I came across this recently:
https://somasynths.com/illuminator/

Hi, not to steal your thread but I've been looking into using an outboard mixer in the future to have functionality to record individual outputs directly into Ableton...

From looking around thinking along the lines of:
Presonus StudioLive AR12 or 16c, Signature 12 MTK, Tascam Model 12 Analog Mixer with Digital Recorder...

Anyone have any experience of doing this AND/OR recommendations of product above or other?

No. Just came across it while browsing today & thought of your post.
Have no knowledge of it to be honest

May I ask why you want to move the sequencer inside your rack? Is it purely the form factor?

Yes, I feel i'll prefer it in amongst the dedicated drum modules.. playability..erganomics..

On paper, the Beatstep Pro has somewhat the same functionality as the Erica Synths Drum sequencer (I believe difference being that Drum Sequencer has a few more tracks and accents while Beatstep Pro has two cv/velo/gate sequencer which you could also use for accents of course), while costing 1/4th of the price of the Erica Synths one. Also the workflow seems quite similar.
Just curious.

Beatstep is great, don't get me wrong, and great value... Plus you get 2 x sequencers built into it.
But, I have found that while I once thought 8 x outs would be more than enough, I've now used them all & want more; the others have 16.
I also feel the 4x4 grid vs the row of 16 pads will allow me to be quicker & better at programming on the fly..

Besides a drum sequencer where you'd program your own sequences, I find the Mutable Instruments Grids (or any of its clones) usefull to have as interesting accents or some extra background voices. Also it's really easy to dial in snare fills and funky hihat patterns. Grids is also not too expensive so maybe it's nice to have besides a dedicated drum sequencer.

Good shout, just looked at this & for future it could be a welcome next addition.
1 thing the SWT16 seems to have that the Erica doesn't is to be able to add fills on the fly..

I got the Robaux for monetary reasons and I'd say, hands down: Go for the Erica if HP and money is not the issure.
The Robaux rubberized buttons are just not very ... agile? you kinda have to press them hard - they're not trigger pads as e.g. on the ableton push. It works, but if you really want to jam live easily i'd def go for the Erica.
-- s_heidenreich

Cool, thanks for that....
Yeah, I'd rather wait, save & make the right choice...

Had actually wondered if the clicky buttons on Erica would be more "playable"...
Thanks for the input

Hello world,

I'm looking to purchase in the future a dedicated drum sequencer.
Currently have Beatstep Pro which is great but want to bring seq into the case which will be a dedicated drum rig.

Primary requirement are
To be able to play in a live sense as much as possible.
16 outputs
Prefer the 4x4 button layout (as assume easier to change on the fly compared to beatstep)

Currently zoning in on two options

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/robaux-swt16-
OR
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-drum-sequencer-with-black-keys

Ignoring space or cost factors does anyone have any experience that would recommend a specific choice on above (or alternatives with similar functionality)

Many thanks in advance for any input

Anyone purchase anything from VOID modular this year?

I see shop closed for orders around time I placed an order..
- Bought MuteMix back in July
- initial delay in processing & owner apologized (personal reason--understandable)..
- Shipping notification raised (label created) Aug..

Nothing since... checked in early Sept & got a reply but radio silence & no responses since...

Thread: &Y

A dark jam.
18 months in after getting bitten by the modular bug

&Y

Maybe this guy:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-step-fader

It's seems to be able to do similar playability but with additional functions & at a fairly reasonable price.

Resolution (in case anyone else comes across this same scenario)

When clocking using a gate from PAMs the gate width needs to be >1%
(Blooms gate trigger input needs 6ms 5V pulses or longer to register)

I'd try a factory reset.
- Put the module in global mode: hold channel button for 3 sec. until channel led is white.
- Then, hold shift + reset until leds flash.
- Hold channel button to go out of global mode.

-- geusensdriesmusic

Thanks, appreciate the response
I tired that & didn't work at 1st but when then changed the trigger on PAMs from gate to Triangle & bam, seems to be working using that ...

Hi,

Just got this module & after 1st plug in it seems the clock input doesn't work.
Anyone have any familiarity/experience with this issue?

• Have rate knob set to min (stopping internal clock).
  • Feeding clock/gate input to Bloom clock input (the one to the right of the rate input) from PAMs

Have contacted QB who said they'll look into it....

Hey,

I found these helpful to me:

(1st 3 minutes shows it)..

And also this:
https://ornament-and-cri.me/firmware/

While it seems obvious I found after multiple attempts I was using the wring size USB!.. So i'd doule check this..

Cool ,thanks wishbone....
I need to think a bit more, but I may just add VCA into my plan....

Was looking at a couple of your Jamuary videos (looks good btw) and it seems you have what I plan with the dedicated 3U drum rack... also I see you interacting with the Robaux in a way that I think I'm looking for...and in the patch 1 video the kick sound pretty thumping to me so maybe I just need to cover myself by including VCA...

@Stratx...Apologies for highjacking your thread!

I've literally just bought a Beatstep Pro for this after realising i want more control than the Robaux LL8, just gotta learn the Beatstep Pro now! Its way, way cheaper to buy an external sequencer and the triggers give a good Thwack on drum modules, the LL8 does not and your kicks may sound a bit whimpy unless you boost the triggers through a VCA.

Ah ok, thanks for that... I have a Beatstep Pro that I currently use for drums and it is great but was going to switch to have something in the rack & close to the drum modules and I was thinking the grid format easier to programme on the fly...but... if that's the case I may re-consider...

I'm still a bit new to this...are the Beatstep triggers, longer, higher V or something that makes the difference?
Is it mostly noticeable for the Kick.... Last thing I want is to end up with a whimpy kick!

I've been looking at the Robaux sequencers for this purpose recently...
Planning on using probably the LL82 for only drums...