Perfect. I'll add those to my list. I am a fan of the updates Noise Engineering did on the Microfreak.

Awesome info. I saw your post many times and have the maths supplement already downloaded.

I'll take a look at tex-mix and the fx aid xl as well. I have no problem getting something bigger now instead of waiting since I know my system will grow.
It's easy to get lost when researching especially when some modules can do multiple things and realizing if it's doing this one thing then can't necessary do the other thing.

Thanks for your insight. Back to the research and reviews.

Hello everyone,

I’m getting into modular and need some feedback on a basic rack for now. I’ve done a lot of reading and looking at feedback from the experts so I hope I’m on the right track. I tried to get utilities and VCAs. :D

For the case I recently acquired an A-100 P9 and A-100 PB for a good deal. That “should” give me some room to grow. I’ve only planned out on the P9 for now.

My music is honestly anything and everything. But to narrow down, I’ve always listened to House, Techno, Trance, and the like since I was a kid. I’m also learning guitar, specifically blues and delta blues, so incorporating guitar in the future is possible.

For gear I already have a Minitaur, Micromonsta 2, Werkstatt with CV, Micro Granny, and Microfreak. I do want to incorporate those in the future. While I do want my modular to be all encompassing, I have some gear now that works well so why not utilize those.

Sequencing will be done with my OXI One when it gets here, I also have a Keystep that I could use in the mean time.

For recording it will be done via either my Zoom H6 or, preferably, Ableton. From there I can add effects etc. until I get modules for that role down the line minus the one that is in the 3rd row.

My big thing with modular is I don’t necessarily want to get the same thing everyone else has which has lead me away from big self contained syths. However, I realize some modules, Maths, Plaits, etc. are popular for a reason.

For my rack, the first row is what I’ve come up with with the second row as alternatives to a few modules. Modules are somewhat based on price unless a module does many functions for the cost. The last row is for future purchases for ableton and a disting for extra functionality.

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh and I plan on getting all the Buchla TipTop modules because…well Buchla.

ModularGrid Rack