I love the Commodore 64. These require SID chips and it sounds like getting the new clones may be the most stable option. It would be nice if they assigned a 1V/oct per SID voice, but they don’t, so you need 4 to get the 4 note polyphony. Though, you could build out a 12 note chord. VCO and filter are combined, but big. Barely room for the VCA and EG. Also, threw in the Polychrome Phaser and a joystick to do cool stuff.

Roland 500 VCOs paired with Vowels for a bi-timbral poly 4 into Wasp filters. I added a joystick to be able to control all vowel sounds and cutoff frequencies with one interface.

I love the old Commodore 64 SID chip sound. These Chipz VCOs are supposed to be similar. I’m also obsessed with the 2HP Vowel. For this build, you can get 4 note polyphony from either sets of VCOs or combine with to have Vowel and SID together. My plan for the joystick is to split the X and Y with 1x6s into the Vowel CV and Wasp CV1. It should give some pretty cool sound control. Closed out with some bold effects.

I am attempting to use a Poly-8 to create a bi-timbral 4 voice polyphony synth. This requires splitting the input 1v/oct and then combining the VCO outputs. I am experimenting with multiple NiftyKEYZ configurations.