Lugia : Hey thanks for the reply!!
I’ve been touring w a friend for 4 years using a FX16II and we just use the fx for a bit of reverb, enough for our needs. We bought the EFX8 as a more compact mixer we can travel with (the FX16II already got stuck at the airport ..)
I know there are some better reverbs out there that I would love to use but its already a pain to carry so much stuff (mixer / 4 drum machines and synths each / outboard delay and two outboard compressors ..) so the EFX8 allows us to gain a bit of space. There is an aux track we can use on the efx8 tho!! (For delay or comp). In the studio im using a Zoia and Boss SX700 but i will check into the SPX90 😃
Old school Yamaha gear rocks!

JimHowell1970 :
Thanks for your reply! Well it’s not a proper system of course. I already own the Swarm and I want a DFAM and Dysmetria so I can use them out of the rack later and gain space for other stuff (switches, filters, modulations etc).
I just want a full functional case where I can start learning eurorack, write music and get ideas on the next modules.
As a sequencer I will be probably be using the Oxi One connected with the Oxi Pipe (top left) of the rack.
As an external mixer I will have a soundcraft EFX8 and a Mackie 1202 (sub mixer). Also a Delay, a stereo filter and one outboard compressor.
I’m hearing your advice on Maths as a lot of people tell it’s one of the best! Do you think it can adapt well in this setup ?
I need to dig more into utility modules and their use cases too.

Hello!

I’m planning to build my first euro rack case.
Been playing techno live with a friend for some years already and looking into a fun and compact modular setup for a solo liveset.

I will use a SR909, a octatrack, a 303, some effect pedals, and a intellijel 7u case. Maybe I’ll also have my Oxi One with me.

ModularGrid Rack

Could someone give me any advices on this setup? I lack 1U modules. Probably a mini patchbay + delay + headphones out.
Also, the Vortices mixer is too large to fit top right.. Do you know any mixer I could use instead ? I was thinking of adding a Qu Bit Data Bender instead + small mixer.

I’ve also decided to add a Frap Tooks Falistri as a learning tool (slightly smaller than Maths) but not quite sure of how I will use it yet.

Thanks for your time 🙏 I’m a eurorack noob don’t hesitate to tell me if you think about something useful.