hi, a few months later my first buy i completed my eurorack synth. i like tu use it with a betastep pro and midi keybord. i use it like overall synth, as a bass, as a pad or for soloing line. any comment to upgrade it in the future? now i'm considering to acquire another case, from 40 to 84hp, and fill it with modules like clock divider, ring modulator and sample players. cheers

here's a link to a slighlty old, but still massively applicable and useful learning resource:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43964&sid=d750b0736c2737fee8f5381be539a3a2

have fun!!

-- JimHowell1970

thank you so much again

well, most people who comment their public racks are seeking advice - so you got it...

use the advice to help you think about where you are going with this...

we have a lot of experience here...
-- JimHowell1970

thanks a lot. this is my first experience with synth in general, i'm bass player, i'm a neewbie.
i bought the crave to start in this world and now, a few weeks later i bought any modules to expand it. meanwhile i studied a little the basis of the synth using voltage modular from cherry audio. for now I'm not interested a rack who play without a keyboard.effect like reverbs, delay, chorus etc, for now, I apply them with the daw.

how are you interfacing with your computer? and/or mixing the semi and the rack?

you definitely don't need so many buffered mults - passives will do

no filter?

no waveshaper?

it's a bit pedestrian...

I'd get a better effects module - which can take more modulation and better ergonomics - fx aid xl or bigger!

standard advice: get a bigger rack you'll need it sooner than you think... tiptop mantis is the best bang for buck (hp/price/manufacturer reputation/good power!)
-- JimHowell1970

wait a moment , this configuration is work in progress. i use niftycase to interfacing with daw but actually i'm using the rack only like a companion of behringer crave. i don't have each modules showed in configuration. i use the modulargrid like "bom" ;)

my first rack is a companion for the behringer semi modular synth, crave. I will use both instruments to play samples through ableton and mono line with an old oxygen v2 midi keyboard