This module, and its buddies (uQMCV, uMCCGT,u16MCV), are 5HP in width, NOT 6HP as the original submission stated. Whenever this is inaccuracy is addressed by use of the 'Module Edit' facility, the algorithm to implement the width change seemingly fails, resulting in a severely screwed-up module image.
Anyone using MG to plan a future case should be aware of this discrepancy.

The specs for this module are 'Approved by Manufacturer' and therefore cannot be edited by rank-and-file users of Modular Grid, but the link is no longer valid. The new link is:

http://www.ericasynths.lv/en/shop/eurorack-modules/by-series/basic-series/8-channel-sequential-switch/

NAMM 2016 showcased the release of select Doepfer modules in 'vintage black' face panels (I've rearranged them slightly here).

What a superb looking machine this is.

Dieter Doepfer has, once again, showed that NOBODY can do modular better than the Teutones.

I like the symmetry of this module and the fact that it has CV on just about everything. It may be the first piece of ADDAC gear that makes it into my Euro system. Beautiful!

Wot the Kak is this?

Thread: Bug Report

Yo, Knut!

The Update=>Screenshot function is no longer working.

I keep getting the message "Image not found," and the error:

Error: The requested address '/img/racks/modulargrid_??????.jpg' was not found on this server.

The Command Center => Update Screenshot Preview is also malfunctioning.

Something screwy with CakePHP?

Thread: PolyKoe

Polyphonic 6U104HP gearlust setup using four AtomoSynth Koe voices.

I know it's a bit arbitrary, using only black-faced modules, but it looks niiiiiiice.

The low price of the Koe modules makes this a reasonably doable project.

Certainly, when they're 20-odd years old! They buy me the occasional pint of ale as well. If I knew they would someday be buying me modular gear I'd have had more of 'em.

Nine months in and this is how my EuroModular looks after my Father's Day present of a Medic Modules EKG. Thanks Son!

How about a Eurokorn for Christmas?

Thread: CHEAP

And Cheerful!

You may have a problem sourcing the A-111-5, tho' - Doepfer have discontinu8ed the module.

Looks good! But it would be better named "Cheap 'Paraphonic' Modular", as there is only one filter/envelope; true polyphony requires that each oscillator (or group of oscs sharing the same 1V/Octave CV) has its own filter/envelope/amplifier in the audio path.

Thread: Current

Yo, ghee!

There are a couple of demo vids at the foot of the MI Peaks module page here on ModularGrid.

The Wiktorion appreciation society as part of their argument states the fact that "the database keeps growing", implying that these 'flipped' modules will take up precious database server space, but anyone capable of logical thought must agree that making all 'flipped' modules private will only add to the problem (if one actually exists). If two users create a 'flipped' module and both are made private, that makes at least one module in the database which is a duplicate, whereas if one user creates a 'flipped' module and allows all other users to use it, then there's no need for anyone else to do so and duplicates can be avoided.

As I argued previously, there are certain modules that lend themselves to being installed either way up, and others that are actually designed that way; we should not make a generalised decision about this.

What do you think, solitud?

Why?

This module may very well be installed "upside-down", and if one person has it so in their rig, may not others also?

It's already in two public racks, so there are other people out there who already think this is a good idea.

The Intellijel Planar can be installed and used in this manner, as can almost any joystick (X-Y controller), look at the panel design of the "Choices" module by Flight of Harmony, for example; also there are a number of modules by Synthwerks that are designed to be installed either way up.

I'm sure that this particular entry on the ModularGrid database was not created by accident and somebody actually intends to install this module 'arse over end' in their own rig, so let's be a bit more open-minded, eh?

Yeah! Not just my current rack layout, but loads of gear-lust racks as well.

It would've been better (for me, at least) if you just left 'em as they were.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem, it's just that I'm the only one who's complained (grumpy old bloke mode).

No matter though - easily fixed!

Wot the hell's heppened here?

This used to be a 8HP Blind Panel.

I've used it as such in many of my racks because it looked better on-screen than the Doepfer example.

But now it's a 42HP sequencer-cum-blind-panel and it's also flagged as "private".

Nice one, FSK!

Any documentation on this?

Enough interest has been generated on MuffWigglers forum, so this unit is now in production.

Absolutely excellent idea from ADDAC in Portugal. Kudos!

Wow! Fenix through a Culture Vulture? Any soundcloud demos of this setup, Mr Baboon?

The only effects I currently use are those built-in to my Behringer Xenyx mixer. Like Solitud, I prefer the Euro-modular solution over the Studio Outboard route. I hope eventually to have a number of effects modules in my Eurorack; tapped BBD, echo, chorus, spring reverb, etc. There have been quite a few newly released modules along these lines by companies such as Audio Damage, Synthrotek, and Flame, Doepfer also have a decent selection.

Thread: Rack No.1

You still got this rack, Solitud?
The modules?

Uh, oh! Could this be the place for the occasional babooney-tune, interspersed with incendiary wit and remarkably troll-like observational humour?
What's going on, Solitud?
Are you gonna be opening a Euro-based online Modular Shoppe soon?