@EricaSynths such a super little module - I'm on the look out for one.

thanks to @KLAASKLAR for a smooth trade.

@demyottens Doepfer LPFG received - very well packed and all working fine. Recommended!

@Slight79 FX6 received - very well packed and all working fine. Recommended :-)

top trade with @demyottens, thanks!

@martin Doepfer LPG delievered safe and sound with no issues. Great comms. Highly recommended!

@Maffez nice easy purchase. Item was well packed and great comms. Recommended :-)

2 clouds...clever!
-- thisisprisma

Well, you need one for the Oliverb and the other for all the mentalist granular business :-)

J

Thanks for the feedback, I've been looking at Frames as I'm going through a MI phase at the moment but i'm still researching this area.

I'm currently using a BeatStep Pro & Korq SQ1 for sequencing which I'm pretty happy with, however, I'd love to get my hands on a Rene!

Also, I'm sending all the audio into a studio firewire mixer - straight into my DAW which works well for me :-)

Hi Guys n Gals,

I was wondering "what's next" for my rack? I have a BSP and Korg SQ1 for sequencing duties and a System 1m in another rack.

It feels that I've ok for VCO and modulation, maybe another filter???

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

J

ModularGrid Rack

If you've got Warps I'm sure you've already installed the Parasite firmware, if not, DO IT :-)

http://mqtthiqs.github.io/parasites/warps.html

I'd highly recommend all of these alt firmwares.

I'm also on OSX I've found using the 1m via USB rather fustrating. It initially worked, however literally the following day it wasn't been recognised in my DAW (Logic X).

How did you overcome this issue (if you had any issues at all that is...).

On saying that, I've reverted to using oldskool MIDI (for polyphony) and CV (when patched up) more opten than not.

Great little synth though, I really like it's sound.

Recently purchased a Pittsburgh Mixer from @john somatix. Great condition and properly packaged just as I expected, but I especially appreciate the nice and friendly communication. Reliable seller, great person!
-- Monkizzle

Thank you @Monkizzle !

My pleasure :-)

Thanks to @Tazio for a swift trade. Recommended!

Thanks! If the PGH Mixer turns up we'll sort something out :-)

Regards,

J

good, friendly and cool sellers !
@john somatix
@hadj

-- happyham

Good call!

thanks to @nnop for the pgm mixer. Quick delivery, well packed and mint condition!

Seems like a very solid starting point to me :-)

Be sure to keep hold of the following when you expand (and you will):

A-143-2 (quad envelope)
A-143.4 (VC LFO)

As both are superb!

You might want to get more VCAs (or a multiple VCA module) and then look into something a bit more "west coast"? Make Noise Maths and/or a Wogglebug.
Also the A-143-4 is a mental Quad VCO & a real FM monster - a really good purchase!

I personally love the thing, but I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea as Karplus Strong synthesis does rather stand out.

That being said, it being MN ensures that there is a TON of modulation options available ehich makes it incrediably organic. I like the switch from beautiful pluck (kind of it's "default" sound) to harsh digital noise with everything inbetween. Dual 1v/O & excite inputs can produce some amazingly complex sounds and crazy duophony.

I'm sure the sale of MN's tELHARMONIC has spurred a few to sell, however, it's probably a great time to get one as you'll probably end up picking one up for £150 with some gently bartering.

BUT you'll need a sweet analogue VCO (or 2) to support this module, it's a tad too unique to be a stand alone single VCO which may have truened some ppl off. I've also heard some complain about the tracking, however, it's odd behaviour is the reason I want to keep it - it does stand out in the crowd!

Obviously check out the MN online demos on YouTube.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback - I have a Synthrotek EKO which is a tad noisy but I kind of like it so this might be ok for me

Cheers!

:-)

Can anyone provide feedback on how this sounds and what it's like to use?

Many thanks!

Yeah, going to need one of these!

To my ears it's sounds "dirtier" than the wasp, however, I've only heard online demos. I'm hoping to check one out in the flesh in Cardiff, Wales this Saturday at Cymru Beats :-)

Hi,

Sorry I was unsure where to post this. Hope it's ok here:

FS 104 HP skiff by Lamond Designs. It's in mint condition. Looking to sell as I need a bigger case.

I'd consider a trade for a large Ginko case (or similar) which I know is no where near the quality of this piece of art but the ergonomics would work better for my set up.

I'm based in the UK and looking at around £170 without power.

UK postage is £10.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

John

I'm thinking of swapping some modules around for a better flow.

From this:
ModularGrid Rack

To this:
ModularGrid Rack

Thoughts?

@grieve Thanks for a ultra smooth and friendly trans-atlantical transaction.

Item was superbly packaged and in mint condition.

Brilliant.

I've just seen a vid of it self osc, wow!

It's now jumped to the top of my list past the Mysteron - I better get saving...

Thanks guys!

Thank you for your feedback, I'm not looking for perfection but creativity. MN seems to be my main veil to this objective!

Really appreciate your message.

Cheers!

Hi,

Can someone who owns this module let me know if it's as good in the "flesh" as it is on YouTube? It's looks rather special (more so than Clouds for my taste).

Second question - does anyone want to sell a used one? I haven't seen many for sale which must be a good sign.

Cheers.

I had the same issues - sounded great but it just needed more CV inputs and control over the glide.

It was a real shame as the sounds it prodcues are quite unique.

I'd buy one again (for cheap) but this was my main Osc and it didn't really work out for me.

looks crazy!