Hey thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. A lot of work indeed 😂 I'll have to see if I can be patient enough to do it :) Excellent case by the way!

Thanks so much for this :)

Flip is back

In the user preferences under https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view you find a new fieldset called Planner Menu Preferences. Here you can check which entries you like to see in the planner action menu. Options are Push Buttons and/or Flip Button (or none of both).
You can select both but the space will be very narrow on slim modules.
Keybord shortcuts are still available even if you hide the buttons.
-- modulargrid

Ah I know, I have a case with a sideways section myself :) I meant in the modulargrid planner :)

Hey could I ask how you did the sideways modules? Are they custom entries as 1U or something?
-- quantumi Hi, they are just standard 3U modules mounted sideways in my DIY custom rail frame. You can see some details of what the lower and upper frames look like starting just before the 22:00 minute mark in the video. :-)

-- JohnLRice

Hey could I ask how you did the sideways modules? Are they custom entries as 1U or something?

I notice that the site admin has not posted since August 11th so it's very possible that they are currently unavailable or on vacation etc.

It's possible that some changes were made before this which inadvertently affected some existing features - the disappearance of the flip button when a module is selected coincided with the appearance of the > buttons which 'bunch up' the modules in left/right directions - this new feature is not something I'd use, whereas I use the flip function a LOT (I guess I'm weird like that) :)

I'm very hesitant to complain too loudly until the site admin at least has a chance to investigate and maybe fix.

But then I'm not paying for a unicorn account so that's maybe easier for me to say.

Overall I don't think the site has been crippled on tablet platforms in the past, but it's definitely not a good idea to make some features only accessible via hovering/keyboard shortcuts. As you say 'hovering' is not really a thing on tablets so there needs to be some other way imho.

Here's hoping that a solution will be made available soon.

Thanks for this, I was looking in the list of shortcuts and it wasn't listed. Very strange. Anyway it's not exactly ideal on a tablet (need to have a bluetooth keyboard handy) but hey I guess it's 1st world problem really.

-edit- actually this doesn't seem to be an option here at all. Where's the keyboard shortcut option? I can't locate it at all :/ Using iPad / Safari here. Maybe some weird platform specific issue?

At the top of your screen, turn on Keyboard Shortcuts. Then hover over the module you would like to flip. Then press "F". Not as convenient as it used to be but it works.
-- farkas

The button for flipping a module upside down seems to be gone.. is there any chance of bringing it back?

Thanks!

a couple more suggestions:

• happy nerding tritone (vc eq)
  • combination of comparator + envelope + vca with nice sounding gain/overdrive - this will allow you to make your own compressors. I much prefer this approach to dedicated compressor modules, none of which have really impressed me in euro-land.

I agree it is definitely a risk using f+f. However when you have 20-30 pain free transactions on a platform because the VAST majority of folks are honest and great people, it is easy to become complacent!

Reasons for a seller asking for f+f payments could include:
- no risk of dishonest buyer receiving the module then claiming it never arrived and making a paypal claim
- ability to list a module for a cheaper price (yes ~£5-10 really can make or break a sale sometimes especially when you’re trying to sell modules which aren’t that popular / hyped / glamorous)

There isn’t really an easy answer to this imho. Risks do exist for buyer AND seller. Other platforms such as reverb / ebay have some tools like integrated tracking so there is perhaps less risk. I have had WAY more success selling modules on those platforms than here, even if the price is higher to cover the ridiculously high fees. In the last 6 months I sold 20+ modules on those platforms but only 3 here despite trying. So maybe buyers overall prefer those platforms where the risk is at least mitigated.

some recommendations:

mungo stuff like g0 d0 c1
feedback modules 1 bit multitap
doepfer bbd modules
4ms DLD
LA67 LR4
doepfer quad poly ssm filter a-105-4
morphing preset programmer like livestock ellis / shakmat harlequin’s context

[redacted - user has finally refunded me]

I bought a Rozendal CEM3340 osc from him about 6 weeks ago

1 month later no module, no replies to PM / email requests for tracking number, then finally a reply offering to resend the module which never left the country and was returned to the post office supposedly. 2 weeks later, still nothing. No more responses regarding what he did, if theres a tracking number etc,

Long communication absences are blamed on covid or ‘being away’.

I guess I am lucky I ‘only’ lost 85 euros on this guy, but nevertheless it is a lot of money to me. Of course after many successful and hassle-free transactions on here I was complacent and used F+F. My own fault obviously.

If anyone knows an equivalent EU-wide body to Action Fraud in the UK, please let me know, but for now a report is filed with them.

The above course of action is recommended for any scams (Action Fraud or your country’s equivalent).

https://www.europol.europa.eu/report-a-crime/report-cybercrime-online

Any other suggestions of courses for action are welcomed. I’m not working right now so although I can barely afford this lost money I can freely commit time to putting in as much effort as possible for nailing this guy. He’s made me pretty damn angry.

Hard to believe someone would put themselves into this position for the sake of stealing 85 euros. It really blows my f***ing mind.

A warning to be very careful with user [redacted in hope of possible resolution]

I bought a Rozendal CEM3340 osc from him about 1 month ago

1 month later no module, no replies to PM / email requests for tracking number,

I guess I am lucky I ‘only’ lost 85 euros on this guy, but nevertheless it is a lot of money to me. Of course after many successful and hassle-free transactions on here I was complacent and used F+F. My own fault obviously.

I don’t know if it’s the done thing to post his real name / email address here (because username can be changed) but I would be happy to do so.

I still have some hope that there’s some reasonable explanation. But module was still listed for sale yesterday when I emailed him. Today it is no longer listed. So I know he has logged on here in the last 24h and removed the listing, but still ignores my communications. Sad and disappointing.

• an update - user has now replied to me and it looks like it’s possible there’s a reasonable explanation. I will of course update this post when the problem is hopefully resolved.

-edit - I have removed the username for now as I’m hopeful for a resolution. Stay tuned…

edit2. It seems this foul thief was simply stringing me along for another 2 weeks. I’m pretty angry now. I realised this is not the place for this report - I have put the info in the bad trader thread… it would be really really useful if that thread was made a sticky. I’m still slightly in disbelief that someone would risk their shit for 85 euros but wow here we are. Maybe he thinks it’s a low enough value that someone would not care to pursue it.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/8228/page:2#lastpost