Thanks for the feedback Knut. I can certainly see how the "Module Grouping" feature would be quite complex.

I imagine the "My Modules / Wish List" feature would be a less daunting task primarily only requiring additions to the already established database infrastructure. Although I am sure you have to consider the impact it would have on the database server seeing since it would require further entries and activity per user.

Thanks again. Happy to support the work you put into MG as the functionality it provides has proved invaluable.

A way for users to Link/Group adjacent modules in racks.... therefore allowing you to move all modules that are linked in that group with a single move... keeping them together/adjacent. Essentially turning a group of modules into a single module as far as moving is concerned. And of course a method to unlink/ungroup.

For instance the 4MS QCD Expander, QCD, QPLFO are always next to each other in my racks. It would be convenient to be able to link them in my rack and move them all together as if they were a single module.

This would also allow a user to link and move an entire row up or down quickly.

...Personally I signed up for a "Unicorn" account just to support the work the basic functionality requires.... and not so much for the additional features. I think a few more features like this and my other suggestion above would make the unicorn account a greater value from a practical stand point to those on the fence.

User personalized groupings of modules in the modular finder so that they are easier to find when building a rack.
-My Modules (a filter showing all the modules I own)
-Wish list (a filter showing modules I add to my wish list)

Explanation:
A method to tag/mark modules in the module finder database as "My Modules" and "Wish List". Then a check box or some kind of way to filter the module finder to show the collection of modules I have marked as "My Modules" or "Wish List".

Contacted PGHmod and heard back almost immediately that they have a quick fix.... no specifics though. I happen to be headed to PGH for a few days in a couple weeks for a gig so just going to stop by the shop then.

Haven't had any issues with either of my two 104 cases. The only minor complaint I would have is not really a big deal... but the coating has a bit of tack to it and the lid wants to stick when trying to take it off sometimes. I played at an outdoor festival recently and the little bit of extra heat made it stick pretty bad... had to gently use a screwdriver to get the lid unstuck.

Still having issues with the 208 case. Weekend blown just testing different configurations. Going to contact PGH tomorrow and likely put everything back into the two 104 cases until it gets sorted out.

Thanks. Hopefully I can get it all playing well together. Still working through documenting a battery of tests.

I have 2x MOVE 104s as well... and just moved most of my modules over to this new MOVE 208. I plan on using one of the 104s for a modulation rack of sorts with a Vectr, Teleplexer and other odds and ends in it to sort of break out a tactile control / modulation / performance kit into its own case. Maybe even throw a guitar strap on it.

Then I have an Octatrack running into the Yarns to sequence and master clock everything. With everything running into a Presonus 16.0.02 mixer for mixer workouts and midi controls of mixer scenes. + Virus Ti2 desk for digi poly, Analog4 for analog/acid lines, Minitaur for a touch of Moog bass/filter, and Lemur for some custom/extended control of the Octatrack.

Octatrack also sending MIDI to a macbook running visuals via COGE. So everything is all synced up and triggered tight.

Thanks exper. Going to do some tweaking today so I can say I did my due diligence before reaching out to the PGH folks. Did a manual add up of the power specs in a spreadsheet as well rather than just going by the specs here on MG.

3 of the modules on the bottom rail have jumpers to offset some of the power to the +5 so going to try that since I wasn't currently using any +5 on the bottom... and double check all my connections while I am at it. Then see what happens. Thanks again.

I just picked up a new Pittsburgh Modular Move 208 case and arranged these modules into it. I seem to be having some power issues however despite the fact that everything adds up well within spec... even when dividing case spec between the two rails.

Am I missing something here?

MOVE 208 // +12v @ 2A, -12v @ 2A, and +5v @600mA // 12VAC 5.0A AC Power Adapter

FULL // 996 mA +12V | 455 mA -12V | 301 mA 5V
TOP RAIL // 400 mA +12V | 137 mA -12V | 170 mA 5V
BOTTOM RAIL // 596 mA +12V | 318 mA -12V | 131 mA 5V

It seemed to start first with the Shapeshifter... it would power down, followed by the rest of the top rail, then a few seconds later the bottom rail would go out. So then I read there have been some issues with Shapeshifters that require a new fuse and some soldering I will contact them about. So I disconnected the Shapeshifter and took it completely out of the equation.

Now after about 10-15 minutes of operation the whole bottom rail shuts down out of nowhere.

Does this seem like an issue I should bring up with Pittsburgh Modular regarding the case?

I just added in the QCD Expander and the 3 drum modules to my setup... all in the bottom... so the case and those 4 modules are my new variables in the setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TROUBLESHOOTING TESTS:
FAILED // I noticed I wasn't using any +5 on the bottom... so I switched the jumpers on the QCD, QPLFO, & Basimulus to offset some of the power to the +5.