while I would agree that having the original ESPECIALLY if its going to be discontinued is a better choice may I point this module

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/st-modular-yaksha-s-fate

I have it and its nice for what it is. According to its blurb its setup in such a way that all “tweakable” parameters are on top
with bigger knobs etc have all others that will affect tune and harmonics more subdued.

I mainly use my uRings clone for either percussion or non-melodic cases where tuning etc doesnt matter much

Anyway just wanted to offer another module to have a look.. to be frank though I would prefer at this point a full sized one and will at some point try to procure one.

Its kind of official. Meaning Igor from HN is offering it.
meaning... pcb is fully 5u sized for example.

Igor told me that at this point he is checking for knob supplies at the level needed before offering it more widely... but its coming from HN

I would suggest emailing Igor and asking him for details

actual picture of my module....
https://ibb.co/31nmsSp

created a modwiggler thread about it as well on the 5u section.

Thread: 606 Clones?

pixel dust and ouch from omsonic come to mind

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/omsonic-omsonic-ouch
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/omsonic-pixel-dust

"They're destroying the modular community!" Lower costs and quality products will only expand the modular community.
-- Valektricity

lol "quality products" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.
P.O.S 💩 more like

hey @dubheadz ! nice recording

btw what kind of reverb do you use in this one?

I agree, AnalogSpecies. This becomes dangerous and giving precedent for many bad things happening.. from Behringher

I love Instruo Ceis . Its a vc-ASDR but also has trigger outputs for every stage of the envelope. 🤯
For ambient slow motion things i love XAOC ZADAR

ELEKTOR FORMANT: modular system in kit format . I used to see some FORMANT systems in my pre-modular days and was
always mystified by their appearance.
"The Elector Formant modular synthesizer was designed by C. Chapman. The Formant was published in a series of articles in Elektor (in The Netherlands, Elektuur), and later as a book with a compilation of the articles."

What I would also do is not have the 60HP contraint. But you can do a lot of things with the rack you have planned and a smaller sequencer like the v4+ instead of the vb8. vb8 AND 60HP is putting you in a corner IMO.

Kinks and/or something like the Lapsus Os that you have in your rack plans would be able to attenuate/offset/invert
all modulation so it fits the range of what BIA is expecting. Spacewise i think that is what I would do.

Kinks is amazing for the size and what it offers.
CV wise the first part SIGN gives a signal inverter and and a half- and full-wave rectifier (that only keep the positive part of a signal.See the panel or the manual to understand this).

So one signal in and 3 interelated but different out. and thats only the first part of Kinks

For quality effx HN FXAID is great and only 4hp.

So if you take out v8+ and pico dsp and put in v4+ ,Kinks and HN FXAID you have a more balanced system.
and still 6hp for something else ;)

Perhaps a Malekko Varigate 4+ for this case would be more suitable
it can either be 4 cvs or 2 cvs/2gates or 4 gates sequencer...

that gives you a bit more space to put something like... MI kinks perhaps??

Thanks Lugia!

DeltaV can do CV too .It quite a clever module. As per the Cosmotronic blurb :
"Without anything patched into the VCA’s input, the module produces variable cv, an envelope set by the attack, decay and shape knobs. "

If i took the WoggleBug out (i have other racks i could use it in) how do you think that gap should be filled?
I think something like a zlob diode chaos + a 2hp S+H would give me some wiggly cv...
and then have 11HP left for something....(or 10HP. i dont mind leaving 1hp for ventilation )
but what?
ideas welcome :)

ModularGrid Rack

I am not a modular neophyte. I have a big frac rack and also an original Roland 100m D-Set.
I do like small complete mini-systems however and just wanted to show you my ambient rack...

ambient as in.. stuff that rbeny does..

or like tetsu inoue

what do you think?
balanced? a piece of crap selection?
should i change something?
even an improved different way of placing the modules in my dreadbox168 case would be interesting...

i usually get 2/3 voices out of it. slow changing melodies or fart sounds :)
I have seen some nice critiques for other racks and thought perhaps its time for me to show my rack
ps i am building a seperate system for percussive sounds that i will present at a later time :)

all the best and please be gentle(or not :) )

mamonu

I like Bitwig.
I didnt like Ableton... that much.

Very happy with my Bitwig Studio v3

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/moog-music-inc-vco-

I think the above link is a SPAM module addition
can a mod have a look?

this sounds great.

JLR,

thanks for measuring the .vco .
I got one of the few Frac format custom STG .VCOs and was wondering about the power reqs for it.
Thankfully i dont need to do any other calculations