Happy to report: ModularGrid now supports AE Modular format!

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Thread: Change Log

AE Modular Universe

Modulargrid now supports the super affordable AE Modular format!

more small changes

• Added the Markdowneditor to the Module Upload forms.
  • Changed the term HP to better matching terms like Unit for non Eurorack formats.
  • Added sticky Submit buttons on longer forms so you don't have to scroll to the bottom to submit.

Design changes

News from the Lab

The News from the Lab section has an updated design

Manufacturer Pages

• updated Design
  • Manufacturers can now upload logos which will be used in several places
  • Manufacturers can enter their social media accounts

Manufacturer Info Block in the Module Finder

When you select a Manufacturer via the Manufacturer Drop Box in the Module Finder an info block with related info will be shown

Retired the Twitter API

Since Twitter won't allow free access to their API anymore we have removed Twitter from the ModularGrid Modular News section :(

Toolbar for the Markdown Editor

The markdown editor in the forums has now a toolbar where you can set text bold, italic, set bullit lists and insert the markdown code for links and images in case you don't know where to find the square brackets [] on your keyboard.

Thread: UX

Thanks for reporting all this. I read it all and want to fix everything but everything is going slower than I wished.

As a user I want to be able to export a csv from the data sheet page, or hide specific columns in that view.

Not CSV but on the My Modular page you can get a XML page of your rack with all the modules. Just add .xml to the URL. (Unicorn feature)
I see it would make more sense with CSV and the data sheet page, that might come.

Please remove keybindings

this is already possible with the Keyboard Shortcuts switch in rack view?

Please detect mobile and enable lock by default for mobile

Good call

Please enable transferring of a module between cases

There is a workaround but (cough) keyboard shortcuts must be enabled for this. You can copy/paste modules between browser windows with the c and v shortcuts.

Thanks for supporting!

We have an eye for vote manipulation and we delete fake votings regularly. This module was downvoted by a normal user. Every voting system has this problem and I am not sure how to improve it. At the end take the ratings with a grain of salt but I still think in most occasions they give you a good idea. Especially if the modules are voted in larger numbers.

Natural sort of Rack names

In Rack view under Switch and in the command center the names are now sorted "naturally" instead by string.

was:
1. Rack 1
11. Rack 11
2. Rack 2

now:
1. Rack 1
2. Rack 2
11. Rack 11

I added Both to the options of the 1U tiles.
Now they can be of the type
* Intellijel
* Pulp Logic
* Both

IMO it makes more sense to display both Intellijel and Universal if Intellijel is selected as I would expect the most prevalent use case is to look for modules that will fit the user's rack

This is the way it is working now.
I did not call the new option universal because in more cases the modules are just available in both formats instead of that one combined universal format.
To not overcomplicate it the universal 1U should be entered as both. I think this is the best compromise and should address what users like to see but I am not very familiar with 1U. So what do you think?

We now have a filter for Pulplogic 1U and Intellijel 1U modules.
Functionality is there but of course most of the data is missing. It can be added by users but it would be easier if I would bulk edit the modules.
Is there a list of manufacturers that only do one format but not the other?

Regarding that universal format. If I would add this how should the filter behave. Currently there are these 1U options:

• 1U Tiles / All Formats
  • 1U Tiles / Intellijel
  • 1U Tiles / Pulplogic

If a module is universal and a user selects 1U Tiles / Intellijel in the filter should that universal module be displayed? Or should there be a third filter entry 1U Tiles / Universal ?

All unlisted

SO, my request is: Would it be possible to change the default 'Description of your Offer' to remove the * I will ship to xxx only. * so that sellers have to explicitly state where they will ship rather than just use the default copy that says they won't ship abroad?

I have changed the template text a bit

P.S. BONUS REQUEST: Also, it would be so cool to have a rack of the week 'contest' where users' racks get featured based on type of build/ number of views on a rack (or something)
-- pigrabbit

We have something like this on the homepage: the Hot Racks section is generated by user views.

3) links to deleted racks
its totally fine to get a 404 when trying to view a deleted rack.
but it would be nice to have all users public racks as a fallback
-- modular01

Starting with racks that are deleted today we have that now. You will be redirected to the users profile page.

Thread: Bug Report

It seems like you forgot to unescape somewhere ;)
-- lipoqil

The thin red line between Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability and a sledgehammer.
Thanks, should be fixed!

Weird stuff is... going on 'round here. Like when I zoom in on the Afterneath module, it turns into the silver version! Now that is spooky! I suspect whichever panel was uploaded last becomes the "main" panel.
-- catwavez

Zoom now always shows the selected version. Zoom bug is fixed.

Just tried setting up a pedalboard build for my tandem string rig (1952 National Dual-8 lap steel, Suzuki Ran Alto taishogoto) and...uhhhhhhh...
-- Lugia

I know it's bad. We tried to delete everything that is not a pedal but users reupload them again and again.
So that brought me to rethink the usecase. In the meantime I think all the desktop devices like the small synths make kind of sense and we think we should keep the modular user in focus with all his gear. That user does not stomp on the pedals but has them sitting on the table next to his sequencer and drum machine.
Still I know it is a mess and i hope we will find the time to improve it. You think it should be strictly pedals and everything else private/hidden uploads?

As a manufacturer, how can I add the stores that sell my modules? Thanks in advance ;)
-- BlackNoiseModular

You cannot do that, the stores can do that, they have special accounts. Contact them.

test, test, test, trying to reply from Firefox ...
Seems to work here, problem still persists?

I have unlocked all the Dovemans modules and set them to discontinued.
You can always try to contact a manufacturer when you send them a private message by clicking on the link Message the Manufacturer near the manufacturer approved stamp.

hi there,

just wondering if the unicorn account increases the maximum size of pedal boards too?
-- Iggy_ogg

yes, currently it increases max width from 820 to 1600 and max height from 400 to 1400.

Thread: Bursting!

Been having issues trying to get the video to embed, but apparently underscore characters in URLs are not parsed properly,

Thanks for reporting. If a Youtube link contained two underscores, the markdown parser interpreted this as text emphasis and rendered a beautiful em tags inside the video id code.
Should work now.

... and great tune on an impressive rig!!

The new system is tricky to use on my workstation with a Wacom tablet
-- AndyQ

That new feature does more harm than good. I rolled all changes back.

I'm still getting a problem where if in the first search box I type 'meloDicer' - I get an invalid manufacturer msg box and no search is done. This happens on Edge, Brace and Vivaldi browsers. Appears to happen after I've done a manufacturer search. If you do a name search as the first thing you do it works.

-- OurMod

Thanks for the report, there will be an update next week which hopefully fixes some issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Please include which browsers you are using.

There is a issue with the drop down list that stops at letter W
I cannot search for "Xaoc Devices" using "Xaoc" but i get it with "Devices"
-- pibou

I cannot reproduce the issue, seems to work here.

I don't get any movement. Press 'B' and still have the numbers and 'A's - ie the top of the list.
So need to use the slider to get anywhere.

It works a bit different now.
Hit B now only shows manufacturers with a b somewhere in the name. That does not have to be the first letter.
I look into it if the behavior can be changed, I too find it a bit odd.

Getting all sorts of odd things - if I type in say melodicer I get invalid manufacturer
-- OurMod

Press the Clear Manufacturer button in this case.
Sorry for the trouble. If more problems bubble up I might revert it to the old functionality or find a way that the datalist only shows up on touch devices (which was the main reason to make it).

That doesn't work at all on my smartphone.
Android+ fire fox.
-- klodifokan

Ah, shoot. That seems to be a bug in Firefox Android mobile I did not know about. Persists since 3 years :(
Strangely works on iOS Firefox. I will look if there is a walk around for that..

Manufacturer searchable datalist

Since we have so many manufacturers listed on MG the manufacturer select box in the module search form was not very easy to operate. Especially on touch devices where you could not enter a letter to shortcut to a manufacturer.
Now we have a datalist which is kind of a searchable select box.
It looks and behaves a little differently in the different browsers. Check it out and type something in the manufacturer field.

Sorry, did not see the thread. Someone voted you down but deleted his account. I have delete the downvote.

Thread: Racks, when?

It's not from the table but from the experience with the pedal section we are not sure if a planner for rack gear is really that necessary.

Thread: Marketplace

Is there a way to filter the marketplace offers with a specific EU country? (France in my case)

No, you cannot select specific EU countries but you can select EU.

or use the delete button when trying to reply to posts.
-- Manbearpignick

I am not sure what you are trying to do here?

Do you know that you can change the panel version directly in the rack view with the Panel Selector function? You don't have to go to the module detail view.
I tried to explain it here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/1749

If I open a rack, get info on a module, and click an alternate panel, it does add that panel to one of my racks, but it's usually not the one the module was actually in.

You will be redirected to the last rack you have changed. That is your active rack.
Current workaround: just wiggle a module slightly in a rack to make that rack active. I know that is a bit wonky ...

How does a shop get added to the list of such places that might sell a module?

-- DJMaytag

Sorry for late reply, this is an ad space we sell. I have send you a pm.

All EU vendors are gone for a while now whatever country is selected.

-- zykan

Not sure if that fixes your issue but I squashed a bug today that had something to do with the geo location not being refreshed on the Country dropdown.

Used Price History

We have a nice chart on offers in the marketplace that shows the price development of the module and the average price asked for the module. It's not the price the module is sold for so it is not super precise but it gives sellers and buyers an idea. The chart only shows up if data is available of course.

This is an exclusive feature for Unicorn users.

Forum: buffer texts

If users are idle for too long, they will be kicked out of the system. This is especially annoying if they were in the process of writing long texts in the forum, because they might lose all their well thought out thoughts.

Now text in the forum forms will be continuously buffered to the local storage of your browser.
This should survive page reloads as well as a logout, meaning if you are kicked out just log in, hit Reply again and your texts hopefully will still be there.

I wrote a really long reply, but when I was to submit I had been kicked off. UGH

Sorry for that! I have now uploaded a patch that will continuously buffer the text to the local storage of your browser.
This should survive page reloads as well as a logout, meaning if you are kicked out just log in, hit Reply again and your long texts hopefully will still be there.

One of the uMIDI listings was set up by Intellijel...who locked it.

Besides the Manufacturer approved stamp is a button Message the Manufacturer. They should receive the message.

I have deleted one false offer in question because it is misleading in deed.
I don't think the users are "clowns" though. Maybe want to buy could be a new feature.

I want to share a message we have got from reverb.com

From now through the end of the year, your audience can get $10 off of any purchase of $50 or more, using your exclusive coupon code at checkout:

MG10OFF50

Be sure to have something like a "universal" or "hybrid" choice in the list then, and not only IJ/PL!

That is a 1U module that fits in both IJ/PL standards or is this a new third standard?

It would also be nice if there was a way to superimpose 1U (IJ) modules over this series of adapters :

I see that would be useful but that is complicated because of the way the drag/drop collision routine works.

There may of course be other adapters that could use this kind of feature, as long as there's also a "rotate module" option! :)

We have rotate module for 180°. People request that for 90° but that is also complicated because the way the optimize rack space routine works. At this point it looks like everything is complicated :-(

Support for 1U size format is on the list, this will come.

Module Rack Track

Users planning big racks sometimes lose track of which modules they have already assigned.
Modules assigned to the current rack now are marked in the My Modules section.
This might be extended to multiple racks in the future.
Module Rack Track is a Unicorn feature.

Panel Versions

Added new section Panel Versions to the module detail pages. If there are different panel versions of a module available they will show up here and on click can be directly added to the current rack.

It's not about the forum, we don't have different forums for different formats. It's about the module catalogue and the planner.

We’re not discussing changes to MG’s organizational menus, correct?

We are. It was requested to rename the Serge modular section (we call universe). If I understand that right the Serge guy is not happy to have other 4U modules listed under Serge format and vice versa 4U manufacturers don't want to be listed under Serge.
E.g. the system selector top left navigation will have removed the entry Serge and exchanged with 4U.
Buchla will still have it's own entry because of the different width and they way the MG planner works.

Posted it on Muffs too because there is a bit more attention. Well, people find it more important to request other features.
For technical reason it would be hard to merge Buchla to 4U.
You think it would be o.k. to have two universes Buchla AND 4U?

I have a request to rename the Serge universe to 4U because there are some other manufacturers that also build modules in that format.
I wonder if that will be more confusing because Buchla is also 4U(?) but with different width/voltages.
What's the best way to deal with that?
I need some opinions here: is the current universe naming o.k. or should it be changed?
And what's with the other formats (Eurorack, Buchla, Frac, Modcan A, MOTM, MU, Serge)?

In your user preferences you find a drop down menu Country Selection.
Select a country within the EU there.
Click here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/edit

Not sure if that search shortlist will come but we have the Build Type option for DIY which I guess is an intersection for many open source projects.

This is at least more comfortable than scrolling through n pages in the vendor dropdown.

Maybe you already know, just a quick tip to make that faster: if the manufacturer dropbox is in focus or opened you can type the first letters of the name of the manufacturer to select him. Works on all select boxes.

I got a good laugh out of this, well done @modulagrid 🤣🤣🤣
-- troux

We have to protect the mainframe!

I think this time we had luck. Preparing for Theos next move ...

alert(”hacked by theo”)
-- Theo67204

all systems on full alert: engage countermeasures to intercept evil haxor theo!