Cool - shame it had to go!

I would revisit - but obviously that's up to you :)

Thanks for the patch tips - I might see if I can think of something similar given I have none of those specific modules hehe

This is not official word I believe not for a few months yet...!

I am curious about it in the same way I am curious about all sequencers, looks pretty comprehensive and a nice all in one solution :)

It is rather excellent - if I didn't have both and having to choose one, I would be keeping them both for sure :)

Always wondered about the Lofi Junke, but reckon I can achieve similar with what I already have - albeit not in such a neat little package!

Love Cocteau Twins.. please share? :)

Yeah +1 from me too - very enjoyable and some unexpected changes :))

Pads - my guess is Plaits into Ringmaker :)

Seven posts from me enough for you to understand it is not cool? My first post was an appeal to your humanity in a time of great stress for everyone - but you are clearly not capable of any kind of compassion, understanding or forgiveness so, either way I am done here, it's beyond the pale!

Please - can you not just go and enjoy your new gear?

If you put this much energy into making music you could have written a track by now and not managed to drag me into a pointless argument in the internet... it is so sad!!

Conversely I WOULD trade with SteveLate - seems like a decent chap who had some problems, I might expect some delay but would be okay with that and give a little bit of leeway - it's not hard to see what is going on here!

You said your piece - got it the FIRST time!!

Or are you insisting that we are all stupid and need telling the SAME thing over and over again!!

It IS shitposting - you are behaving badly - I would not trade with you because of the way you are behaving - get it?

Quite frankly your incessant shit-posting is making you look like just as bad - please stop it!

I have no stake in this - but come on guys - something has obviously gone a bit wrong or not been handled well and I understand the concern and worry misunderstandings can cause and how it is easy to miss messages on social media on a phone, but it all seems to have sorted itself out... so not sure what the problem is any more?

The chances are you are probably both really nice people who have just got your wires crossed, so perhaps it is time to forgive, forget and move on?

Let there be peace :)

Looking pretty spot on to me, don't know all the modules in there, but it seems like a nice balance!

I would add another small mixer and some wave folding or some other tonal modification options!

I suggest something like Bastl / Casper Waver and / or Feedback Observatory :)

I do not know this module well, but I would imagine that there is an awful lot to explore and I recommend that you do this for at least a month or two first, definitely load your own waveforms, see what you want that it can't do and then start to look for your second VCO that fills the gap.

If you can't wait, then I would recommend something analogue and juicy, any of them will be great, and there are some fantastic second hand bargains in the Marketplace at the moment!

I've knocked another 50 gbp off the price as this needs to go...

Someone must want a dual envelope/lfo/oscillator and dual filters and a great array of effects?

For almost no money :D

+1 for me too!!

And why not just any audio equipment? It's all related :)

There's a noise fix on the Endorphin.es website:

https://endorphin.es/endorphin.es--downloads.html

I also notice there is an original Terminal up for sale at €280 - this blows my mind!! How this is still for sale at that price is beyond me - worth at least €100 more!!

Why is it that the really, really, good gear so often gets ignored or passes under the radar like this?

To be clear, I also have the original Terminal and that is not going anywhere - superb bit of kit! Both terminals are - but I can only justify keeping one and I made my decision long ago that the original was the one to keep... custom vactrol envelopes - hell yeah!!

Anyone know of any other function generators that let you change the shape of the envelope with affecting the length?

I have had mine up for sale for ages, at what is now a very low price considering the new price, it's in perfect condition cosmetically and functionally, but no one is interested.

What's up? It's a great bit of kit and an awful lot of value for money - help me understand?

Please suggest a reasonable price as I need to sell this - I am not desperate or in trouble - but do need to maintain some income from somewhere and selling off some gear seems a sensible way to do that at the moment.

Essentially I am open to offers just to get it shifted - can anyone help here?

Thank you :)

Excellent - thank you to everyone again!!

I have no use for this at the current time, I am working 100% in modular and always recording live performances, but I know some people who might be very interested, especially at that price point - very cool!!

That's cool!!

Thank you for the explanation :)

So... given this, the biggest issue for me trying to integrate computers and modular was that I would have something playing in the DAW, I would gave something else playing on the modular, the clock sync would be fine, but the recording of the audio would be off and on playback I would hear everything falling apart and would have to manually realign everything - not fun!

I tried the hardware latency compensation thing, but could never really get it to work properly, as you say it would be early at one point and then late at another point - a nightmare basically.

Does the Usamo resolve this problem?

Stumbled over this too, might be helpful:

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/midi-cv-link-sync-many-ways-connecting-modular-gear-live/

Good luck!!

Let us know how you get on and what you decide to do in the end and how it works :))

I am thinking back to when I used to use MIDI gear with my modular and I remembered the only setup I ever managed to get together that worked properly and kept everything in proper time. I don't know if it was sale accurate, but it sounded right.

It's a bit leftfield, it was connecting several setups together for live jam sessions with multiple people, iOS devices, so might be overkill and finally it is from memory so I might not remember all the steps, oh and it is based on Mac, but here goes:

1) Setup Ableton with Ableton LINK - the LINK part is crucial - this is the magic sauce that ties everything together!

2) Your computer needs WIFI - I always created an 'ad hoc' network from my Apple Mac computer - better than a router it seemed!? YMMV and it might be bette through a dedicated router. In which case I would recommend manually configuring your network rather than relying on DHCP.

3) A module that can convert MIDI to a clock pulse - I used Mutable Instruments Yarns

4) an iPhone with a CCK and a USB > MIDI converter (the M-Audio UNO I think) connected to Yarns (you will need to work out the config for Yarns)

5) The wonderful free MIDI LINK SYNC APP > https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493

6) WIFI on on your iPhone connected to the MAC synced using MIDI LINK SYNC via the iOS app to Ableton!

7) Enjoy centralised STOP/START/RESET and rock solid SYNC on as many devices and setups as you like.

It was excellent - unfortunately it's a lot of work to set up and configure correctly - but because of the compensation and decoupling of the clocks and the reliance on LINK it really did work very well indeed.

===

Alternative approach using audio out:

This Make Noise video explains it perfectly and provides a modular pulse sample:

I wish I'd remembered about this before I typed all that out above but hey ho - both there now :)))

Usamo by Expert Sleepers should give you sample accurate sync, check it out, costs 100 euros.
-- GunnarWaage

I am probably being really slow here, would you be so kind as to explain the setup please because I just don't see it.

How does the MIDI output from Usamo get into the modular?

Thank you :)

Oh thank you for listening/watching :)))

I am very happy - wanted to make this video for years - such an amazing feeling to see it come to life - not exactly how I imagined, but the idea is definitely made real!!

I made a video for 'dark hole'

Enjoy :)

I never ever sync to the computer or my recorder - I use Presonus Capture which does not even have a sync option I am aware of - because why?!

It is more trouble than it is worth unless you plan on working in the time domain in Reaper after you have recorded!

And pamela has now a quantiszer and a similar function similar to marbel's dejavu.
-- flolu5

W00t???

I thought PNW firmware was finished, no more space - this is fantastic news - thank you for sharing :))

My first oscillator was Mutable Instruments Tides - the original version!

I still have it now - fantastic design and wonderful sounds - infinitely useful as both a VCO and an LFO :)

There are soooo many!!!

My current favourite is Bastl Waver - really lovely mixer with a wave folder built in - cv inputs for everything - it sounds glorious!!

My very good friend, someone with a good heart and the person who would help anyone even their worst enemy has precisely this experience with Steve from Thonk too, it is uncanny how similar the stories are. My friend even reached out and apologised a good 6 months later and said look mistakes happen, it's a small community, can't we just get along or at least just do business and there was a flat out rejection and a lot of nastiness - my friend ended up in hospital having panic attacks because of it :(((

There's yet another story on Trust Pilot that also sounds very similar, maybe it's the same one, I don't know!

I have no axe to grind here other than I was upset that my friend was upset, seems there's something going on though - where there is smoke there is fire!!

Not personally, but I am 100% sure this happens quite a lot, I am a big fan of doubling up on modules and have doubles of quite a few!

Why over your head? If you can use one Maths, you can use two :)

Oh how curious!! Looks like we both released full albums on the same day... I wonder what the chances are given it is only a few weeks since we were taking about Branches - hope that's working out okay for you :)

Listening to your LP now and enjoy it so far - cheers :)))

I did not know this thread existed, so I am playing catchup!

I have had lovely, mutually respectful, kind, thoughtful and overall very good experiences with @Drakhe (sadly no longer with us - may he rest in sonic bliss), @SuperNiCd, @gfcalvi, @vantablack, @benrecords, @aphew_goodman, @Slocap, @Jonjonjon and @nepohlazen - all very good people and pleasure to trade with :))

I hope you are all safe and healthy!

Lots of love
Kel Xx

Thank you very much for your kind words - it means a lot to me that you took the time to listen to my weird music :)))

Actually I am getting a lot of very good feedback from many different people and quite a lot of sales too - so I am feeling really quite flattered at the moment! And goodness knows the cash helps at the moment, got nothing else coming in at all.

Feel free to ask me questions, if I can help you on your musical journey I will - you might not be light years away after all ;)

Same goes for anyone :)

I am working on more music, probably something quite different, maybe... not sure how it's going to turn out yet!

Thank you again :))

Kel

Hey everyone,

First post and my very first LP release - finally!! It has only taken me 30+ years!!

I never do self promotion like this, but I am told I have to change my ways if I ever want to have any hope of selling, so here I am :)

https://kel-audio.bandcamp.com

Hope you enjoy it - I am pretty proud of it :))

Any purchases very, very welcome in these challenging times!

Feel free to ask me any questions about how I made it, kit used etc. I will do my best to answer :)

Be safe & stay healthy!

Lots of love
Kel