It seems to me, the interest in eurorack seems to fade....
I am trying to sell some modules at wht i believe are lowprices, but it's much harder than it used to be. Other than that it looks like a lot more people are offering a lot more modules for sale....

I wonder if eurorack might be on its way down from maybe too high a peak interest. (Maybe caused by the very cheap stuff dropped onto the market, with names, looks and features that should remind of great stuff of old.

Anyway, I was just wondering...

What is going on with (vintage??) Maths ???

I have seen all kinds of gear being declared vintage or rare over the last few years, to justify a higher price level. the latest i noticed was the vintage makenoise maths, with prices around 5/600 up to 900 and even 1100 ($ or €)

wtf??!! is it so much better than the newer and current model, to justify a price for used modules that is 2,3 or even 4 times the price of a new Maths?

Am i missing something?

putting $300 across 70hp is very cost-effective for eurorack ;-) when i need that last nudge to buy a harmonic oscillator or bark filter, i think of how expensive it would be to fill that gap with a lot of small modules.
2hp gaps are a no-go. you end up with a gap, blind plate or a small module you didn't really want, just to fill it. so first, i would rearrange things to get all the open space left in one place. it gives you more options in filling it.
personally, i try to keep the number of different brands limited, i don't like small modules either, and i like to have the colour-scheme a bit balanced (scattered that is, because it won't work to get one row black, the other aluminum, another grey) - then i try to get as much vertical lines between modules too. it makes it look neat. ofcourse i realise these are trivial matters, first and foremost it's about sound and not vision. but i can't help myself. as to how to fill the gaps, with what modules, that's up to you. like the previous poster, i would take certain one's out. but hey: it's not my case! you decide what goes in or out. have fun.

this may sound stupid, but i really love my AMSynths 8016.

Thanks for all your replies on this. I agree with KNYST on this. It was bad manners on my part and I apologise to everyone here for that. I got an email from PayPal this morning to say that they have found in my favour and will get me a full refund.

What I've learned:
It costs WAY more than 20% tax to import something into the UK. It's actually over 30 after the fees.
Switzerland is NOT in the EU!

If there is even a question of import duties, I'll make sure we are clear about it before money changes hands. Not clear like "it's on you bro!" But clear like "it's likely to be over 60 quid, understand?"

Cheers guys

-- oddbeats

Yet another bad call by Paypal. Their 'protection' stinks, because they make bad decisions and the seller gets to pay for it.
I understand your problem with the high extra cost, but it was in fact your problem, and not seller's. If you got back the total amount, I hope you have the good taste, to pay back all postage costs to the seller. Because, now he is losing money due to your mistakes.

I bought a PEG from GRIEVE and i am really pleased with this deal. Jeremy was very helpful, the PEG is like new, packed in its original box and delivery accross the ocean took less than a week. thank you Jeremy and if i had the money, i'd be buying more items from you.