https://open.spotify.com/album/7h724zB5ISc0ViQg2yf1dI?si=flSXhUIZTPi7sh2WbiOXcQ
My new IDM/Experimental Electronic Music release is a trip through our algorithmically enduced social media dystopia.

"The utopian promise of social media connecting the globe on the basis of common understanding of human worth was a noble and enchanting proposition. If “sunlight is the best disinfectant”, then having more engagement should have allowed the truth to rise to the top. But we’re painfully realizing that the more appropriate quote describing our situation is “a lie can run half-way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes”. As long as algorithms don’t perfectly align with the ideals of human flourishing, consumers and creators alike will fall deeper into the feedback loop of audience capture until we reach critical mass, causing our civil societies to erupt, then collapse. There is still time to course correct, but we must learn from our mistakes before we become totally distracted by the looming revolution in A.I."

www.macromicromusic.com
https://www.instagram.com/macro_micro/

www.macromicromusic.com

hi I built this rack with the goal of making a live techno, with the experience I was thinking of adding a distortion 308 or a Dusting mk4 and replace Rings by Honda Piston Mk3.
What do you think?

ModularGrid Rack
-- PCHMR

Hey PCHMR!

If live playing is your focus, I might suggest you think twice about the Disting (depending what you’re intentions are). While it’s great to have a Swiss Army knife in a small system, the Disting is the worst interface I’ve ever come across in eurorack, and you will always need a manual or cheat sheet out unless you just have one setting you love and set-and-forget. But if you if do set and forget, you’re more than likely to find a module that does that thing way better than the Disting.

Here’s my pitch for keeping it though: if you’re in a learning/growing phase and you’d like to have it to better understand different functions of modules, and also to have something which will make you realize “oooohhhh, if I had this kind of thing I could do X”, then maybe it’s a good thing to start with.

I say all this because I have one and this has been my journey with it.

www.macromicromusic.com

Hey Ramirez! I’ve got two thoughts for you:

• I have Batumi and think it’s great, but one thing I’d like to pair it with is a slim, 4 channel simple attenuator. You could do this with your Doepfer quad vca, but I think that will be a valuable piece in your rack you’ll want to use for other things. Having a 4x channel attenuator for Batumi will be great because I’m sure you’ll want to constrict those lfo ranges more often than not.

• I think the Disting could be a good choice for such a small system as a Swiss Army knife. However, since I have one, I want to warn you that it’s a really frustrating interface (like, REALLY frustrating). I don’t like menu diving, but can deal with it if there screen is easy enough to read and things laid out systematically. Sadly, the Disting does neither of these things. You’ll always need the manual handy as your working with it, or get the iOS app “Modes” (a little cheatsheet for different modules). I’d still recommend it in your situation if you want to have tons of flexibility and want to explore many options in relation to your small setup, but if you’re thinking of a small handful of critical things you want out of it and if you hate me I diving as much as me, I’d really considering getting a couple small utility modules instead.

www.macromicromusic.com

Howdy! I’ve preordered a VCL so I can give you a report once it comes in September (if you’ll be delaying your purchase that long).

I think the devil is always in the details and it’s hard to say how good an unreleased thing is compared to things people have experience with. It obviously looked interesting enough for me to get, but I’ve already got a decent eurorack collection. I’m curious to hear it’s “unique” wavefolding circuit in action, as well as its analog twist on vactral LPG. I like how they’ve sprinkled random and utility things around the module too. A lot of the demo videos they’ve been posting haven’t really grabbed my ear, but a few of them REALLY sounded good, and I’m basing my expectations with how I’m thinking to utilize it more than how it’s being pushed (aka more controlled random than going too Subotnik).

I think for the money it’s a great package, but if you can wait until people get their hands on it and see what really shines (and what may fall a bit short of expectation), I think you’ll feel more confident either way.

www.macromicromusic.com