Nice setup, you could find room by replacing almost any of the Mutable modules with a smaller HP version, although it will cost a bit to sell the old style and find a new skinny version. Maybe that is worth it for you?

An outboard Korg SQ-1 might be just the thing for keeping the MS-20 in check with the rest of your system.
SEEK or the Varigate 4+ are other nice sequencers to check out besides SHmkII. Also have you thought about any FX in eurorack or a mixer? Also why not get another VCO, noise source and a WAV player like TipTop One or Pico Drums to get some different flavor in there for small HP.

I use an old tr-626 for live work, sequencing MIDI modules and other drum machines as well as feeding my eurorack the sync signal from the TRIG-out jack, I often leave the 626 in pattern step write mode and that lets me create on the fly. I lose the ability to have patterns all setup with the (useful) accent and flam already but those are easily added in on the fly. Can you do that in the BSP at least? or does that make changing patterns for the synth work impossible and now tied to the single pattern being open for writing in real time? could a module like LaunchCodes be more useful to you?

that first rack totally is fine and easily functional with something like a SQ-1 for the VCO work!
mixing on a small mixer is easy enough Ive had fun doing the same on an old BX-8, a CR-1604 also a few others. can be hard to get the gain down enough to not always have distorted drums sometimes.

What about mixing it all?

WOW that is a wild creation of monotron glory! Would love to hear it and play with that thing!

Do you want to have some percussive modules in there that could also be used for rhythmic noise sources? Or just synthy stuff? Glitch-tastical obliterations of noise? There is just so much to choose from!

I have to thank @grieve for the lightning quick shipment and safe packing of the MA808 module that I am stoked to add on to my drumdokta2 for some extra sizzle on 16th notes of techno mayhem, nice price too = oh yeah!

impressive yes but would be even better if every module was DIY built lol

Thread: Drumken

Whoa that sounds interesting! I use a Boss BX-8 to submix my Airbase99 and it can add nice crunch but nothing creamy ever. Nice rack and thank you for the info, appreciate it.

Thanks! I don't use any sounds off the TR-626, theyre so awful, but I love how it for sequencing an Airbase99 and also a SoundCanvas-55 (very nice 808 kit and of course any other GM drum sound). I'm totally happy with the DrumDokta2, got into it this weekend and its so alive and has great controls and sequencer functions. Always have loved the DR-110 sounds but this machine is incredibly better than that original.

Do you have any need to mixers or attenuators to throw outboard gear into your modular FX?

I use a TR-626 drum machine trig-out to sync the DD2, works great! I hope to use some of the modular filter options out there to process other gear like people used to do with the classic MS-20 filter. I like the other outboard gear I own but the modular world has so many amazing filters, I want them on my other sounds!

I am hoping to get some unusual yet fun results from this setup, working alongside my non-modular gear setup. Any ideas or comments on this rack o' things?