Thank you, now I need this module.
And a bigger case.
-- zuggamasta

Sorry for that ;)

For me the reason to buy this specific videosynthesizer is that it can be used for XY oscilloscope drawings (Lissajous Patterns) and process them in a "artistic" way.

If you do not want to buy a new case, the Critter & Guitari EYESY could be an interesting "alternative".

Available again at SchneidersLaden.

Having fun with mine :)

Unfortunately discontinued. And the O_c does a better job, but...

The interface of the Tonnetz Sequent is a pleasure to work with :)

Here a polyphonic patch sequenced by the Tonnetz (FX as well)

Enjoy!

In this video I tried to demonstrate how you could use the Doepfer A-196 as a pitch tracker on a human voice. It works. Not perfect. At the end (4:52) it tracks good enough.

Nice!
Will check it out somewhere tomorrow.

Oh... Is it possible to change "M10C" into "M01C" ?

Thank you for making time to review! Much appreciated!

I agree that more variation in notes would be more appealing. Tried some different things, but did not like the result.

If I would work with a DAW, I would have recorded the "main patch" and started something new, to work on this one later.

The patch is "saved" in my head, the jam recorded.

BTW, thanks for the sub (scription, not bass)!

Wiggles

Well, with those two modules, you will have an arm and a leg of a drummer. So that is allready a half drummer :)

1 x Ladik A-520
1 x MI Veils
1 x HN 2XSAM (http://www.happynerding.com/category/2xsam/)

If you want to use the Mantis live, consider a decksaver and a (2nd gen) bag.

Please keep in mind that some Ladik and Doepfer modules won't fit in the Mantis. The A-520 should not be a problem.

Three Hysteria, one Eudemonia and one Ataxia and that would be a voice.

But you want three filters? Why choose for three Eudemonias?

As long as you connect the ribboncables in the right way to the busboard, it will be functional.

To me it is a bit an odd system. A quad VCA and three Eudemonias? Only two Ataxias?

What is your intention with your system?

Welcome!

Instead of using 10 preamps(!), you could look at the Mutable Instruments Veils. A VCA, but for sure you can pump line level to modular level with it. Maybe Intellijel's Quad VCA can do the same.

Maybe you want to go a different route with your modular within a few months. Then a VCA is for sure good to have. I doubt if 10 preamps are ;)

But if you want 10 preamps, you can get three of these:
http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=1143

Tried to focus more on the production side of things. I think the snare/clap is a bit too loud.

Any tips/feedback for future jams?

Personally I do not like the miniature versions. For the reasons Jim mentioned.

Sounds like 20 Mantisses, so that's what I would ca a job well done!
-- zuggamasta

:)

Thanks again!

Very nice, and way too short ;)

(How many HPs are hidden in the dark?)
-- zuggamasta

Thanks for listening!

How much HP?
Uhm.. Too much! (6 TipTop Mantis)

So today finally not just a patch, but a real jam. Hopefully I can this one turn later into a song. I thought this one is worth to share with you.

Enjoy! (Hopefully)

Morpheus is great. But I would not consider it for educational purposes. For educational purposes, besides a "normal" MMF, I would recommend a fixed filterbank.
-- M01C

Are there any specific ones you'd recommend?
-- canyllyr

That really depends on space and budget.

Really like the ADDAC601, but for now maybe overkill.

Smaller and cheaper: Verbos Noise&Filter or the MakeNoise Fxdf combined with a VCA (patch all the individual outs to the ins of the VCA and you can scan the different frequencies)

Pure for education, the Doepfer fixed filter could do the job.

Space and money no issue: Fumana!

Morpheus is great. But I would not consider it for educational purposes. For educational purposes, besides a "normal" MMF, I would recommend a fixed filterbank.

Some thoughts...

Using an Octatrack, consider a MI Ears (or two). Than you can process samples through your modular. Rings as a resonator can be lots of fun, but the Octatrack also has a resonator.

When using CV.OCD, Pam's could be redundant (except for LFO's). So maybe instead of Pam's a Batumi?

I want to wish you all the very best for 2022!

throws some save fireworks
-- M01C

Same to you in 2022...very clever modular fireworks there! :)

-- jb61264

Cheers!

I want to wish you all the very best for 2022!

throws some save fireworks

Hopefully is this OK for the "Best of".

Tomorrow I will do a final one. The mix needs a bit more attention.

Getting some submissions, who else wants to join in?!
-- troux

Still want to join!

Can I send it tomorrow evening (21:00 CET)? Patch is ready but it can use some finetuning before I hit "record"...

Small demo using external carriers and as a filter bank.

@troux Great, will do my best and thanks for making this possible!

OK. Any closing date for this?

A captured jam of last year:

But I would be happy to make something new for this occasion.

Trying not to buy a Starlab. So I tried to emulate it, with the modules I have. Fun exercise (although I am not really into this kind of "ambient")

0_C and Taiko... Great company :)

Thread: Waldorf nw1

Thanks for your comment Garfield!

Personally I won't call it "lovely". More "harsh noise" But the NW1 is able to do some lovely sounds as well. Personally I dig the LoFi "aliasing" it has, even more with a highpass filter.

Thread: Waldorf nw1

Still liking my NW1. One thing it isn't designed for, is audiorate FM. But if you're into glitchy sounds, embrace this bug, for being a feature ;)

Hi M01C,

As you and many might know, I am not really a fan of techno, though if this is going to be the new techno style then I will be a new techno fan :-) This is just cool. You got a nice relaxed rhythm there and this could go on and on for me. Pity this is only a bit over 7 minutes, why not 17+ minutes?!

I don't mind to hear more of this style of dub or "techno" ;-) Thank you very much and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Garfield :)

Thanks again for your nice words! Great to read you normally don't dig Techno, but that you dig this. It is not a new subgenre, it is there since the midnineties. Last week I was playing some classic tunes, my spouse thought it was new work of me. Very nice compliment :)

17+ minutes? Planning to release a cassette. Side A seperate tracks, Side B mixed together. When I'm finished (2032? ;)) I'll send you a message :)

Kindly,
M01C

Little Dubtechno Jam, starring the Addac 601...

Merhaba!

Çok güzel... Looking forward to the Thru Zero VCO. Please keep us updated!

@GarfieldModular

Thanks for watching/listening and your kind words!

Happy with mine...

Really like my Nostalgia. And it's not my only (BBD) delay. For the money a "no-brainer". Own it for over a year now. No technical issues. Only thing is that the white paint around "Time" and "Feedback" is disappearing. But that gives this Chromatic module, a nice "nostalgic" 303 look.

Owned Ataxia and the pink looked lovely next to "old school" mutable modules. Sold it because I preferred a dedicated ADSR.

If you are on a budget (Detroit Style), you can look at the Dreadbox Antidote for Flanging and at the Dreadbox Euphoria for Phasing.
And Dreadbox starts with a "D", so two times a Dreadbox must be good for Detroit Drexcyia Analogue Electro ;)

MI Elements (Omnious Mode) for FM or if you are looking for the gritty DX sound, an ALM Akemie`s. Personally I would choose the Taiko instead of the Castle.

Juno. Feedback Modules Chorus 106. Patched right behind an Atlantis.

To make chords, get a decent pitchshifter. For instance a Z-DSP with Time Fabric card.

And last but not least a sample (player) that is able to layer sounds. Load it with strings, choirs (and other "rompler" sounds) layer them and run them through a filter.

Flangers Phasers are also an important part of the sound.