Beatstep pro has a clock output :D just sayin. He should get a clock module though if the a-149 needs one though. There are some 4hp ones, I couldn't find any for 2hp

No sound is coming out of this module for me. Anyone else having this issue?

I think make noise makes something like that, but to be honest I just use 1/8 to 1/4 cable adapters right into my mixer xD

I think the make noise thing is called the Rosie. Not sure, but it might be along the lines of what you're looking for.

A really nice thing to use is the Beatstep Pro. Worth checking it out as a possible option. It can run 2 sequences and also a drum sequence at once :D

I would assume PWM Mod is for doing things like connecting LFO's to modulate the pulse width amount, and the PWM knob is to change the amount that is mixed into the sound

If you like the erbe-verb, maybe check out the echophon too? Pretty neat delay. Also adding drums would be nice, you've got a full empty row so you could do it if you wanted :D

what the xD

here's a nice video I found. I want this thing!

Hey guys! Just got my first module today. The case I use is Cheeks of Power by Synthrotek, it was pretty cheap. It works but I'm worried about it's power supply and my module getting dusty. Idk if it could get messed up that way, anyone have any ideas of what I could cover it with? Besides a shirt?

the company EMW has some cheap modules if you wanna check em out.

Ashekyu --your better off waiting for the beatstep pro -
it will cost less and be way more useful ..i am glad i sold my z8000 last year

-- FSK1138

Sooo excited for the beatstep pro! I have the old beatstep, so I guess I'll use that until the new one comes out.

braids and sto seems like a nice combo. I'm about to start ordering stuff to build a modular synth too, so I haven't used them yet, but your idea seems good!

THAAANK YOUUUU I've been looking for an answer like that for a while. Thinking of just waiting for this http://www.arturia.com/beatstep-pro/overview , it's not gonna be out for a while but it seems amazing to use with modular synths!

can someone explain how this sequencer works? I wanted it until multiple people told me you can't use a regular envelope generator? What's the deal with that?

really tempting....

you probably will need some sort of mixer... I love the grids/peaks combo by the way, I want that too!

oh cool, thanks dude

has anyone in the entire world ever used or even seen this module. Is it new? I can't find any info on it anywhere online, but it looks like a decent sequencer. Basically a tiptop z8000 with a gate out

woah you put every rack into one module! I can't believe how many there are

hi guys I am xxn00bskrub15 am feeling liek modoolur

Actually ya know what, this could still help me. I'll just run the Telharmonic (when it comes out) into my Beatstep and it can be some kind of bassline or ambient backround. Except I only have one ADSR, so I can't have the Beatstep run at the same time as the z8000 ;-;

changes half the rack based on this problem

"You can always mult the CV"

.....dammit. I actually thought about that for a sec but for some reason it didn't seem possible. I...don't know why. Thanks for the help though! Teh moar yu know

So I'm confused on something. Let's say for example I had a gate out from a sequencer into an envelope generator, and that was going into a VCA. Then I would take two oscillators, run them through something to combine the waveforms, and then have that CV signal going into the VCA.
Where would I send the CV out from the sequencer to? To which oscillators 1v/oct input if there are two going into the VCA?
I would really appreciate help, trying to plan a system that will work and this is stumping me for some reason. Thanks!

what kind of recording program do you use?

Thread: Noob help

what about a dual linear vca from doepfer? It's pretty cheap, would it do the job?

does anyone know if that can work?

that looks awesome!

Actually I had the shades there for the drums. Idk if this is how they work but, I have Grids controlling a few drum sounds, and I though I could use the Shades as sort of a final mix for them to go in?

You have two mixers with the two Mutable Instruments Links. If you use the Koma Attenuatorcable you can use this as a standardmixer....
-- loowfizzz

What about a vca? Could I send things through the links, per say, and then through the Optomix to act as a VCA? Sorry I'm a little new but thanks for your help, I'm glad people are answering

I think Doepfer has a 4 channel mixer/vca (not like the optomix). I had that on here before, but it was really large and I wanted more functionality as far as actual sounds go.

oh and the blank panel needs to be there, it's where a power switch will go, I didn't add one because I only wanted the price to show the actual module's price (since the switch comes with a power supply)

woah thanks guys. So, should I maybe, replace the optomix? I'm not really sure where I could put a mixer on this rack, I like everything there

I thought the optomix was a mixer/vca?

Thread: Bug Report

Oh, I have an android. Idk if that helps...but it's some kind of info!

hp is a measure of how much space a module takes on a rack. So if a rack holds 84 hp, you can only have enough modules which total hp equals 84

just kidding hp is happy peperoni

Thread: Bug Report

On my mobile device, I can't load patches. If I do, it'd after google chrome crashes 5+ times and freezes up, etc. Is this a bug, or are patches not supposed to load on phones?

I have a crazy and probably non-functional voice here. If it does work, pls let me know, that'd be great!

The question is though, is there a main output on Grids to connect to, say, a speaker, or mixer, etc? I can't figure it out, I'm too noob.

If anyone could help, that'd be great!

anyone think it'll exceed $200?

ModularGrid Rack

That's what I plan on building. I'm really new and don't know if this rack would function correctly, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

BY THE WAY you have to click the picture to see the finished version for some reason