i'm curious how others work with 1 v/o in - what is the use if the slightest touch on the pitch knob will change pitch? why would one want to to struggle so much to be in tune? can anyone help me out here, what am i missing? why can't c be a c, as a standard, and the diluting of pitch correctness be an extra? i guess it's both module specific and eurorack in general, but i find it so cumbersome to work with, i'm starting to wonder if i'm missing some super simple way of thinking about it that will make it all settle, or, naturally, if eurorack isn't for me.

thanks jim for the suggestion! i will give it a thought, but i think space issue within the case will be an issue :)

hey, garfield! super thanks for your thorough reply!!! I own a Ritual Flexibilité already, I know of them and like it :) I'll check out the Altar, and the rest! cheers

I would've loved a Quad in/out Offset with Scale-module. would be a little tight. but i got tiny fingers :D

About to get going with the Erica Synths/Moritz Klein VCO build, meanwhile having 10HP 1U I’m looking to fill.

I feel 1U modules under 10HP are too sparse, and thought about the possibillity of converting the VCO to 1U/10 HP. I’m a noob with the solder iron, so thought I’d ask here for advice. Cheers!

Looks awesome. Intuitive and powerful!

I love the crunchy sound Stages graces audio through with. I want modules that are so far from pristine and clear audio as possible. What should I be looking out for?

cheers, mate! i have some checking out to do. have a great week!

thanks for taking this great time to delve into my rack! i will go through it and specifically consider your changes. thanks!

by the way – would you know of any colorful/lofi/characterful VCA:s?

lugia, it most definitely is an expensive noisemaker (why buy a fast car if you want to use the breaks!?). jk it's a fair point that i lack vca:s, but as you say, the boring modules – i prefer to let vcvrack+silent way handle those. which vca modules would you recommend? cheers!

hmm missing... it's not so much about missing as it's about continuously feeling uncertain what the modules will do, and being out of the comfort zone :D

generally, i seem to like every module DivKid calls "characterful" :D

yeah, the modulation sources for sure, but i use so many, i rely on vcvrack mostly.

thinking of a gate sequential switch...

ah! ModularGrid Rack (and vcvrack) and musical, melodic, with possibilities for 8bit sometimes, game soundtrack, or aphex twin '95-01. :) cheers!

Hi, I’m a couple of months deep into this cable pushing life, and after 100 hp or so I’m curious what your tips are for the module that would improve audio most. Or, the least hp to have to most effect on a patch.

I found it easier in the budding months to know exactly what I wanted and I miss the buzz of having a feel for where it’s headed.

What are your tips, least Hp for biggest return, in audio or playability or possibility...?