So I've reconfigured my 'Chris Franke' setup; initially had a Behr Model D, but took it out (so I could use it more generally) and replaced with my DFAM/Doepfer voice combo. Fits well; and I'm very happy with the results. [Even if I'm only now back in Firestarter-era!]
 The Multicore is only there for other-rack interfacing; and I run the DFAM as the slave, with ratcheting only applied to the Doep voice. [LFO as the master clock, externally-slaved if necessary via Multicore out.]

...Any criticism/better mousetrap advice? I'm new to MGrid, and only a neophyte to the mod world, having only fallen down the rabbit-hole a coupla years back. Been livin' the synth life since I bought a new (!) Poly-800. Back in The Day.

Happy continued wiggling!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_657470.jpg

So I finally have my Chris Franke/TD ratcheting sequencer. I know, a little late to the game; initially I was drawn to the Mother-32 for just this reason (? yet another single-osc mono synth... oh wait, its sequencer RATCHETS!!), but the realized that I had everything but the Doepfer ratchet controller. By separating the pieces out from my main racks, I think I distilled the essence, allowing me to use the 'big rack' for more esoteric wiggling.
In total, much more expensive than a Mother... (and apologies to Bob M for the Behr copycat) But much more versatile, even with 8-step limitation!

(And, as a bonus, I get to use one of my 'old' cases, long outgrown.)

It's impressive how technology has progressed; ol' Chris woulda killed for a whole bank of these, back in the day!