Made some arrangement changes and updated to accurately reflect what is currently installed in the case. Still waiting for my Mordax Data to arrive, but it should be shipping soon. Most recent changes were replacing echo/delay and reverb with Erbe-Verb and Chronoblob (both really good choices, they are solid modules).

Check out some of what I've done with it on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lifeaftersocialmedia
I mostly use my modular for lead type riffs, but I've been having fun experimenting with other stuff, just trying to figure out the best way to implement it into a coherent song.

Removed the last mother. I can always run that externally, or in a new case which I'm inevitably going to start up lol. I added an Akemie's Castle for some fantastic FM possibilities, Evaton RF Nomad for noise/weirdness/sonic exploration, 4 intellijel buff mults and an ADE-32 for clock sync stuff. I'm done for now. I'll start working on the next rack when I play around and figure out what's "missing".

Not a problem :)

I decided to add in the Three Sisters filter to fill the last 10HP, but I'm still trying to nail down if there is something better I could be putting in there.

Yes, that damned gap! Hahah.

I honestly think you'll be hard pressed to shave much space no matter which route you take, 4 channels takes up space, no way of getting around that. I would say the only major place you can shave some weight is in the oscillators. If you can find slimmer versions of the same components elsewhere, it might be worth considering, but honestly, I think it looks really good the way it is. You can always just buy another rack! Haha

Removed the Grendel Drone Commander 2, as it might be a while before it's out anyways, added in the 4MS SMRF. Trying to figure out what to fill my last 10hp with

Made some more changes. Removed another Mother-32, down to just one now. My plans have definitely changed quite a bit since my original inception, but I think in it's current state, it is highly functional, and I shouldn't be losing much by removing the second Mother. Added a Maths, because everyone and their dog has been telling me to add a Maths. It is going to take me forever to figure that one out (I watched a few videos and I'm still just as confused haha). Also added an MI Edges and the upcoming Rings. The Rings sounds fantastic, and perfectly inline with many of my other modules, and I figured by adding the Edges, I'll be getting a lot more flexibility. Besides, chiptune is fun! Replaced my Outs and Attenuator with an Intellijel Audio Interface 2, gaining a nice input for if I want to integrate samples or one of my other standalone synths into the module (I may end up just running and output from my main studio mixer into it). Switched the oscilloscope back to the Data unit, as it's much nicer. I have everything either on it's way to me now, or ordered/preordered, with the exception of the mother-32, drone commander, clouds, rings and dixie 2+ (as they are all out of stock/not released yet).
-- aeonblack

I'll totally do the same changes! Haha I think we have the same logic when comes to modular. I also had a MATHS planned, and confused,too!
If I were you, I might add more mults, just in case you want to split more CVs or clocks.
Here is mine plan, I don't have as big budget as yours :-), hope you can shine some light on it:
ModularGrid Rack
-- Vinnie_Lee

Yes, I actually had the same thoughts regarding mults, but, for now I want to see where I end up with what I've got, I may not end up using it that much right away. But, I'm sure I'll find out very quickly if I need more of anything hah. You've got a nice little setup there! Any particular reason you went with two "vintage" styled oscillators? If you're not opposed to dsp over analog, there really are some fantastic sounds to be had with some of the digital stuff (I'm clearly a Mutable fanboy though, so take that with a grain of salt haha). Still, you might want to add a little variety? You might want to also consider something smaller than the Dubmix in favour of gaining some extra rack space? It IS an awesome unit (had it in my rack until I realized I need to make more space), but especially in a smaller rack, all that space is precious.

Made some more changes. Removed another Mother-32, down to just one now. My plans have definitely changed quite a bit since my original inception, but I think in it's current state, it is highly functional, and I shouldn't be losing much by removing the second Mother. Added a Maths, because everyone and their dog has been telling me to add a Maths. It is going to take me forever to figure that one out (I watched a few videos and I'm still just as confused haha). Also added an MI Edges and the upcoming Rings. The Rings sounds fantastic, and perfectly inline with many of my other modules, and I figured by adding the Edges, I'll be getting a lot more flexibility. Besides, chiptune is fun! Replaced my Outs and Attenuator with an Intellijel Audio Interface 2, gaining a nice input for if I want to integrate samples or one of my other standalone synths into the module (I may end up just running and output from my main studio mixer into it). Switched the oscilloscope back to the Data unit, as it's much nicer. I have everything either on it's way to me now, or ordered/preordered, with the exception of the mother-32, drone commander, clouds, rings and dixie 2+ (as they are all out of stock/not released yet).

Nice system!
I try to do the same kind of music.
If it's up to me, I'll add 2 panning modules to pan some of the voices to the side, or VC them so they move across the stereo image.
-- Vinnie_Lee

Thanks! It definitely makes it a lot easier putting this thing together when you have a goal for a specific type(s) of sound you're looking for, that's for sure.
Would the MI Frames not cover the panning? The description definitely says "Quadrophonic Panner". Would I be better off getting something more dedicated just to panning?

Made some more changes due to stock issues on some components.

Removed the Metropolis. I just realized I have a Beatstep Pro that I never took out of the box (it arrived shortly after my Cirklon did, Cirklon>BSP). Added a Linx to up my VCA's. With the space increase I added in a Dixie2+, replaced the Intellijel Mult with an MI Links. Added in a Blue Lantern attenuator.

Removed one of the Mother-32's and added in a Metropolis and Atlantis to give a bit more variety, while still retaining similar functionality and depth (and possibly a few more options?). Also added in a Shapeshifter to give some wavetable options (Is that covered elsewhere in this setup?). Also replaced the oscilloscope with an O'tool to open up a bit more space. WMD and Malgorithm are both bitcrushers (I intend to only have one, but I wasn't sure which to go with, so I left them both in for now), but not as easily attainable as other modules here. Is there a better option?

It's not updating the picture since I changed a few things, so you'll have to click to the page to see the updated version I guess?

So, I just did a massive gear purge, and now I'm looking to get into modular in a big way. I want this synth to mainly be based around two types of sound/music: John Carpenter esque type horror stuff (which from what I've heard, the Mother-32's can easily accomplish), and low-fi, downtempo, ambient, etc. stuff (which I feel like the MI modules will work great for). I've got midi-to-cv with the mothers, and sequencing through them. I have a Sequentix Cirklon which I run as a master clock to everything in my studio, and I intend to do that here as well (so that it can actually integrate into the rest of my setup). I either use a Vermona DRM-1 (via cv/cirklon) for drums, or just my DSI Tempest, so percussion isn't much of a concern.

What would you change/add to this setup to accomplish what I'm looking for? I feel like I'm lacking on traditional VCO, VCA, VCF modules, but I also feel like the Mother's are picking up slack there. Thoughts?

Edit: the SY-02, VCO-SUB, MOD, ADSR, Adaptor and Outs are modules I currently have, so while I can definitely remove those for space, I do already have them.

Edit2: Added in a DC2 and CV expander for it to give a bit more flexibility.

Edit3: Added in an Intellijel Mixer

Edit4: Added a small Mult and VCO to fill up a couple small blanks on the right side.