When creating a new rack it would be very practical to be able to input the power qualifications of your case (as an optional requirement) so power warnings are particular to your current setup, when modules exceed your case's power possibilities.
-- ParanormalPatroler

Yes. +1. Great idea.
I actually suggested something similar above (on 12/20/15). I think MG needs some sort of power management configuration.

I wish there was a checkbox to search for passive modules only. Similar to the checkbox for including exotic modules, there should be one that says "passive modules only" or something similar. Checking that box would exclude all powered modules.

I think this would be useful because it seems like there's always a time when you need one more thing for your rack, but don't want to rearrange all the power cables or add another bus. I've also heard of people making a small skiff of entirely passive modules so they don't have to worry about a power supply. The feature seems useful to me.

Just an idea... I love the site overall.

I have two suggestion that I think would be pretty easy to implement. Both would probably be added to the "edit rack" configuration page.

1. Add a field to specify number of power connectors

2. Add a field to specify maximum depth of the case

With suggestion 2, you'd know immediately if a module was too deep for your case. The system tells you the depth of your deepest module, but it doesn't tell you specifically which one it is. If the system had depth logic, it could warn you as you add them.

With suggestion 1, you'd also know if you had too many powered modules for your case. Just because 21 4HP modules will fit in an 84HP case, doesn't mean there's enough power connectors for all of them. If 6 or 7 were passive modules, it may still work.

Anyway, just a little thing I noticed. I love the site overall. A+++