When did you buy yours? Are we sure there wasn't some revision of size, but nobody changed promo pics?
-- SmutOperator

That's not impossible. I got mine a month and a half ago. It was a demo from Sweetwater, and honestly I was surprised to see it because I didn't know the module was out yet. Maybe Sweetwater screwed up and sent out a prototype?

Now with more dollars and less sense!

Who keeps switching this to 10HP?? It's 8HP according to Thoman and Behringer...
-- SmutOperator

If it helps any, here's a link to a photo from Reddit of it in the rack. You can tell that it's too big to be just 8HP. I'm not sure why Thomann, Sweetwater, and Behringer all have the wrong figures

https://external-preview.redd.it/behringer-perfect-pitch-pp1-module-converts-guitar-audio-to-v0-mSa_i5toOWabu7W-8ED8iy8XmKyXQvv7dyaT6TFoCKc.jpg?auto=webp&s=15aae82b503717572237c784cdcdf8f104cc3c6c

It's me. I've got it in my rack and it's 10HP wide.

Edit: I swapped out the panel photo for the right one so that the aspect is shown correctly at 10hp.

Thread: TYHBMBTL

This just showed up on my Google News feed for some reason. LOL! Nice system!

Hello All

Just been bitten by the modular synth bug after a background that mostly involves jamming on bass guitar etc. Looking at buying my first modular system and trying to weigh up all the options! Any help is much appreciated :)

-- Bottle

Your avatar looked like a jizz-covered ass at first. Got all hot and bothered for nothing.

Oh, and hello everyone!

lol, this guys are very serious about trademarks :D
"Information for re-use, adaptations or derivative works
Sound Study Modular is trademarked, and should not be used on any of works you create from these files."
... that's why we don't see Tom Whitwell's name anywhere.... even though he asks modestly or appropriate attribution... hmmmmm

-- f33d

Agreed. Very sketchy all around.

...we should wait until they come out with their own original design and we can trademark it and sell it as our own! PastaFarian Modules! We're original as FUCK!

So, this is a re-branding of Tom Whitwell's Radio Music?
-- ZontarianMoments

Essentially, yeah. Sound Study takes open-sourced designs and releases them as their own.

From their web page: "Sound Study Modular is series of modules and consoles based upon classic, out-of-production and open-source synth projects. We aim to make it easier for the DIY community to obtain and build legacy and open-source projects that are either difficult to build or difficult to find. We are in the process of converting a host of surface mount open source designs to through hole designs as well."

Honestly, the whole thing seems sketchy like that guy that takes Mutable's designs and turns them into DIY PCB's. I felt dirty buying the Kontact Mic, but I got it to destroy with my terrible soldering skills, so not too dirty. Think I'm not the only one sketched out by it because Synthrotek was the sole distributor of their modules and they're already blowing them out and clearing out their inventory.

What?? You mean to tell me you can't support both of you on your salary as an independent experimental musician? Are you sure she didn't leave because of your small penis?
-- starkwether

Very cool design.....I'm thinking a skiff for on the couch playing right?
-- starkwether

I like to think of this as a handy way of keeping warm on cold winter nights. ...especially since the wife left. She just couldn't stand not being able to afford to eat for some reason. XD

Oh yeah... I could totally fuck strangers while listening to this beast play!

Oh my god, hearing this beast in action is giving me such a hardon! runs off to a corner to go synthsturbate