Hey Lugia,

Thanks for the improvements, it looks great to me now. I'll probably go for a Pittsburgh Structure Ep 208 case (you've advised it to me in a past treat) both because of the cost and solid power supply to keep the system safe.

Hope to carry out something really enjoyable from this system throughout years.

All the best,

Marco

Hey Lugia, I was hoping for your comment...always a positive criticism. I reflected all day about your words...there was something about the system was not convincing me as much. Frankly is the x-time I came across the idea of making my modular, and this time I really don't want to leave all again.

I tried to rebuild part of the system according to your thoughts...it was lacking vcas so I inserted some mini doepfer modules, they are all cost effective and I assume they do their job well. Again, I add more EGs (Erica and Quadra) and substituted the higly cost ADDAC mixer with a cheap Doepfer real stereo mixer.

As you can see the whole cost of the system decreased a bit, but obviously not by 1500 dollars as you said. I trust you when you say that a system should be run for years and years...if is possible I don't want to keep changing modules, so is better to take correct solution from the start.

What can you say now? It can be a step ahead? Could you please suggest something? I'm a bit depressed right now and I hope in a positive response. Despite rush is always not good I hope to perform the system as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Marco

ModularGrid Rack

Dear Esmooov,

Thanks for your fast and complete response. I agree with a lot of your observations and so I changed a bit the configuration. The first project was lacking the modulation sources so I added the Batumi (it was a module I was already looking for). Regarding the need of a more hands on quantizer I think I'll conserve the Tubbutec Utune. There're two main reasons: the first is that I'm looking for microtonal sequences (quantizing the ones coming from the Ultra Random Analog?) and the second is that it represents my only bridge with my other midi instruments (computer included). I read through the Tubbutec site that it can act also like a Cv to Midi converter and this is a really cool feature for me.

Second point: If compared with all the other medium size modules, there was really to many space occupied by the Metropolis. Clearly speaking, I adore Roland style melodies...that's the reason why I have put it inside the system...but I have to say that I could be interested also in something different. I've just seen a lot of videos of Qu - Bit Bloom, it is an interesting module...maybe is lacking a bit the intuitivity of the Metropolis but, in the other hand, It seems more un-schematic for experimentation. So, as you can see, I inserted both the Bloom and the Euclidean Circles (another modulo I was already looking for).

The last change I made is the 4ms audio interface that could support stereo signal I/O. This interface, in my opinion, is a good solution to process the stereo sources which come out of the Mimeophon. Another point, if I read well, is that could process two mono (or obviously 1 stereo) sources coming inside the system...this feature, as I initially explained, was another task of my system.

What do you think now? Is it look like a complete system?

Thanks again,

Marco

ModularGrid Rack

Dear Guys,

I've just made my first Euro project but, before buying, I need a judgement from some experts. This system should be focused on producing melodies and, in the second hand, on integrating some mono sources from my studio synths. Am I really missing something? Is there any module you want to substitute with something else?

Thanks for all your messages. From my past posts you've always encourage me to keep finding better solution. Did I get to a
congruous solution?

Best,

Marco

ModularGrid Rack

Dear guys,

I let some time passed and now I'm back to you. I revisited my idea, I added a lot of space and modules. I think it's an expansion of my original idea. To refresh your mind, I want that all will be set around the sequencers and I'd love also to interact with other external synth of my studio, that's why I included the intellijel interface. Could you please explain what do you think now? I know maybe this system is a bit bigger as a starting eurorack but I'd also love it to be a long time instrument, I don't want to struggle every day to what to add or remove.

Thanks in advance for your time, best.

Marco

ModularGrid Rack

ook, I definitely got your point so I added one more row. From where should we start now? Could i now preserve all my modules? thanks for your time.

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks guys for your replies. I really understand your points of view and what you're meaning. Despite that I don't want to leave my modular departure before taking off (I've left numerous times). From your answers I perceived I really need more control over this system, of course through smaller useful modules. From where I need to start? Or...maybe, from where I can cut? Can I maybe remove the 4ms sampler? Actually I don't have a sampler in the studio and this is why I put it inside. Speaking clearer, I'm really an open mind musician and I was looking to a no controllable system (or i can say less controllable, obviously in a good and enhancing way...). I would make a system with more than one master clock, no related each one, and where I can experiment with melodies, my only beloved need in music. I put math because I read it should be the first modulator in a system. I know i'm following some intuitions, of course I gave too much importance to the single module and the whole system is now "unusable". What would you suggest? Could you please give me some "small" adjustments and try to make this system usable? Thanks for your time and your full answers.

Hello everyone,

Thinking of my first Eurorack. I'm looking for a little system composed by long life and good sounding modules (that's why I chose Synthesis Technology). I want to experiment with clock sources/melodies and see whats goin on.

What do you think? Am I missing something?

Looking for your suggestions, thanks in advance!

Marco

ModularGrid Rack

Thread: Any advise?

Hey Lugia, big thx for your prompt comment.

I'm seriously considering to switch from that big Cwejman Filter to two smaller but more effective ones. Any advise on some VCFs should be good for me? I also have to explain you that I've got a studio with no modular synths and just vintage gear (mostly Roland...)and I've always been fascinated by the power of older oscillator and filter. So I would try to get some modules that are as possibly powerful as the other I have, any ideas? I've been quite impressive by the vibe of the Verbos CO, and that's the reason I fit it in the system.

The other reason I'm searching for an help is that my mind is likely to think sound out of a "normal" style synthesis (1 or 2 vcos, 1 lfo, adsr etc etc), but I know that keeping limits into modular world could be the main limit! Despite that I linked in the threat the incomplete system, the correct one was https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_644608.jpg.

Looking for your suggestions, have a good one :)

Marco

Thread: Any advise?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for my first modular synth. I'd like to create something musical, no super-strage melodies, but I'd like to interrelate melodies so i'd picked a quantizer, the quantimator, that should be the brain of my researches. 3 VCos because of the chords progressions, any advise on utility modules or any big oversight I did?

Thx in advance! Big up!

Marco

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_644608.jpg

Ok, first of all thx for your reply! Getting down to the details I'd explain better my ideas:

1) You're right, I have to organize things better. Could be a solution putting close to the others each VCO, VCA, SEQ etc? Or is it better to create a regular row disposition? (e.g. in every row I'm going to put at least an Osc, Vca and so on..)

2) Currently I'm doing techno but I don't know exactly what I'm searching about with the modular system. Actually I'd love to make cinematic things and soundtracks but of course mixing them with bass drum coming from my PC. I know it's strange, I want to be creative but not irrational. My first ideas were just: "creating ALIEN melodies and mixing together with a sort of -sounds of nature- (do I need a Noise generator??)
So I hope you got the point: maybe I'll go with a 4/4 BD behind experimental melodies, no mathematically clocked sometimes.
Any modules should I buy or replace to fit with my ideas? :) I need your help to catch my aims!

3) The last but not least: I've put the Intellijel audio interface inside the modular because I want to pass through the system with my piano recordings and also with my external synths, seeing what is coming out.

The fourth row is empty so I can add any module I want in the future!

Thx for your time!

hy guys :)

This is my first modular synth, I've put together many modules I love,
any suggestions? What else can I add?

perhaps with the same amount of money I can make something better?
Pleaseee take care of me, I'm the newest in the forum

alt text

Many thanks for any answer!!

BW