Hi There,
I started building my eurorack this year and have thoroughly enjoyed the flexibility that it offers but feel now I need some help with getting the most out of my system, not much HP left but want the remaining space to count.
I usually find myself leaning to buying more Drum voices/Oscillators/Modulation but is there something more important connecting parts that are lacking?
The application of this set up has been very helpful in spicing up old arrangements in Logic/Ableton which have lacked that 'something'.

Be great if you could cast your eyes and let me know your thoughts.

Mega Mega Mega!!!, very wise words.

I have been using the Atlantis for a few months now and it's a bit like a pimped 101. The Maths/PEG have been used to modulate the AUX inputs of the Metropolis to get sequence variations.(not sure if these modules are best used for this purpose but hey I'm learning.

DIVKID is great and have been seduced by his fantastic videos!
The one thing I will say is the video themselves can be misleading due to what isn't in the frame, giving you the impression that the module featured is producing all those tasks, similarly can be said for Richard Devine's Patches when one case is in view but 200 cables are spilling out of shot into other cases!

In principal the Atlantis (except the VCA part) is fairly logical but when attempting to build a complete synth voice it becomes more complicated due to the overwhelming volume of options out there and especially when you watch distracting videos made by the above!

Also I think the reason for acquiring specific modules changes which effects their purpose in the chain.

Another blinding reply!!! keep them coming.

Thanks again for your input.
Truth be told I would like to think I know what I am doing but my knowledge of synthesis is more along the lines of 'can play,can't read Music.'
The choice of modules has been subconsciously driven by other people's ratings which in turn could be because of 'coolness' as I don't really know what they actually do so couldn't be sure if they are cool or not!

These are the main reasons for the choices being made:
1. Buy a module, discover that another module is required, see rack space, fill.
2. try and find a module that achieves maximum functionality in the smallest foot print as possible to avoid buying more modules and in turn, a bigger case.

They are probably logical reasons due to space and finance but not to synthesis, does that make sense?

I already have vintage synths,/drum machines but thought rather than buying a prophet 5/ Jupiter 8 Modular synthesis seemed like a truly 'New' way of working and getting the Atlantis was a way into eurorack.
Maybe a bad choice as it has encouraged cutting corners which otherwise may have led me to a better understanding of Modular.

Absolutely Phenomenal reply!!! thank you for taking the time.

The Quadra is an envelope not a VCA right? I was looking a MI frames of Intellijel Linix for VCA duties would either of these work and do I need the quadra also?

Really thanks again!,

I think a lot of people have been at a similar crossroads; to specialize in just non-rhythm synthesis or go jack of all trades groovebox. However every time I eyeball the mutant machine or jupiter storm I remember that I own an Octatrack and my rack has MIDI clock/trig in.....

Given that you have about 30-40 HP left, I guess what you have to decide is: can you fit enough rhythmic firepower in that space to be satisfied?

It depends on what you want. If you can be happy with a few Tiptop 808/909 modules and a trigger sequencer like this not yet out one or this then maybe go for it. Just know your rhythm section isn't going to be Mike Portnoy's Siamese Monster, and that is totally fine if that's what you're looking for.

If that is too much of a compromise, save up for some kind of standalone drum machine and build out your rack. You've got lots of good price points here from the Volca Beats to MFB's new stuff and seriously dangerous gear like Tempest and many of the Elektron boxes (my favorites).

These are just hands-on hardware options that seem good to me too, I'd urge you to do your own research. Remember you'd need some kind of MIDI clock/trig IN module if your box doesn't send CV/Clock signals out so your drum box can sync with your rack.

Also, I'm not sure why'd you want more envelopes either, but you're spot on with needing a clock divider for rhythm.
-- starkwether

Thanks for your detailed reply. I am new to this so don't really know what I am doing!?!?
Just received my PEG maybe a mistake but found Maths to be very confusing and thought the PEG looked easier to generate synced movement, (have read it pairs well with maths)
I really bought peaks for drum duties...and have old synths 808/909 but love the rhythmical patterns heard in modular, could you recommend me something to prevent me doubling up on further module errors?

Thank you I have looked at braids and sounds great but was thinking more only the lines of modulation and sound sculpting/rhythms...

Can someone recommend where I should take my Eurorack.
In two minds to fill the rest of the HP with Drum modules/seq clock divider or Purchase a 4MS PEG and try to max out the synthesis possibilities, any thoughts?