howdy gridders and wigglers,
What are you thoughts and opinions on the LIP?

I've been planning on buying the Loquelic Iteritas for a while now but would I regret not getting the Percido version instead?

I really like the fact its a standalone voice now with the benefit of the envelopes and vca, not to mention more holes to patch in i could ever fill but it is more money and takes up more HP. Initially i was going to use the rest of that money towards a BIA since both modules take up the same hp as the LIP.

I'm really stuck on the fence here, on one hand with the LIP i get a deeper version of the voice that can also produce a lot of percussive sounds among all the laser farts or i can go with the LI/BIA route not having to worry about tying one module to one duty, i get the voice i wanted and some wicked percussion too.

Would love to hear your sage advice, keep on patching in the free world!
thanks!

Hi there wigglers and gridders,

if you've had any experience with this module please let me know what you think! pros and cons!

I've been looking for a sequencer with plenty of cv and gates and this seems like its capable of lot more in a small HP too, not to mention all the expandable options. There are great videos like cuckoo's, look mum no computer, and the extensive tutorials series from SonicVoltage but i would love to know your opinions or if there's anything else to recommend.

The thought of a tracker sequencer intrigues me but also intimidates me a little since I compose mainly on a keyboard but from what I've watched and read it seems like you can get the hang of it in about 20 minutes or so. what was your learning curve like? with the midi expander could i still compose on the keyboard or DAW either mono or ploy and have it on the nerdseq?

I've been going back and forth from the Nerdseq to the Hermod and even the Eloquencer and i know they're all very different workflows but are able to sequence up to 8 sources (even though 2 tracks of the Nerdseq are for samples). The Eloquencer seems to be very fast and intuitive to use but takes up too much HP and i may get stuck and tired of the XoX style. Hermod is great with its I/O, no need for midi expander, small HP, and all those videos of people playing classical pieces via DAW is priceless but the screen size and no cv/tigger expansion is a bummer.

All that being said i always end up back at the Nerdseq, It has almost all the bells and whistles you'd want, and i could probably sequence an entire album but with all this depth and option, would i be too overwhelmed?

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading!

Hello again ModularGridders and Fellow Wigglers,

I recently had a major itch for some trance and the hate-it or love-it supersaw sound so i bought a Acid Rain Chainsaw!
but foolishly realized after, i don't have a proper standalone envelope generators and a VCA (oh the humanity!) as well a nice stereo filter and sequencer that can handle at least 3 separate V/Oct. I've been spoiled by the Intellijel Atlantis having everything built in, so i focused on other modules to add but now its finally come back to haunt me. I know the infamous saying "You can never have enough VCAs" so i did end up buying a Mutable Instruments Veils a while ago just in case but I feel i limited myself with that one in terms of modulation sources. I also technically have and EG in the form of MI's Peaks but its been my dedicated bass drum/snare.

Envelope Generator :
Is it finally time to buy a MATHS? its a Swiss army knife in itself but if I'm just using it as a dual EG is that overkill? Quadrax and Stages (although pricey) seem to be nice options as well. I do favor versatility which is why I'm not just going for standard Doepfer, not to say the father of eurorack doesn't make great modules, he definitely does.

VCA:
For a VCA, I'm stuck because the Chainsaw has a Stereo output and none of the modules i own expect the Ujack has stereo inputs. My only mixer is a ABC from Bastl and only true VCA is Veils, so for bringing the chainsaw into my patch with my other voices I'm a little lost. If anything I don't mind going mono to make my life easier.

Filter:
I was initially going to use the external input on the Atlantis but once again due the the stereo outputs I'm having a second opinion, I'd like to use this as an excuse to buy the Morgasmatron because the MS-20 filter is my all time favorite but it takes up a big chunk of HP and is pretty expensive. Alternatives have been Happy Nerding's MMM VCF (no Canadian retailers, boo!), MI Ripples, System 80 Jove, MUM M8, Uvcf, and there are a lot more to choose from it makes my head spin.

Sequencer:
The chainsaw has 3 V/oct but no gate outputs so some guidance would be lovely.
Currently my main sequencer is a Metropolis and a Pressure Points/Brains transposing key, i could use pressure points for the chainsaw but would prefer to have another sequencer having multiple V/oct and gates. Ive seen videos of people using the Veroma QMI and Instruo Harmonaig and others using the WMD Arpitecht with the Triad but what suggestions do you have? i would mainly be using the sequencer for chord progressions / soft pads as well as quick snappy arpeggios that can be transposed. There's more complex options like Nerdseq or Hermod which have plenty of tracks, but would MI Yarns, O_C, Pam's workout be suitable for any of this?

TL;DR

What modules would you recommend to make the Acid Rain Chainsaw its own fully fledged voice! from snappy trance arpeggios to nice pads.
My guess is I'll need a Quad or Stereo VCA, Quad EG, Stereo Filter, and a easy to use sequencer capable of handling at least 3 different V/oct.

My only preference is smaller size HP unless its a really magical module, doesn't necessarily need to be in stereo if it makes my choice and patching friendlier, and easily accessible to buy in Canada (or North America).

Sorry for the long post!
Thank you so much for your time and keep on racking in the free world!

Awesome! thank you Lugia and Senor-Bling for your great feedback! I'll be watching more tutorials about the FH-2, seems like this module is a rabbit hole in it self ha!

Hello fellow Wigglers! this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I recently ordered an Elektron Digitakt and it'll be a great standalone device but I would love to incorporate it into my current rig.
Youtube has already given me good options like the Mutant Brain, Hermod, Polyend Poly, and the Expert Sleepers FH-2. The CV OCD was also another option but i would prefer to keep everything contained in my eurorack. If anyone has ever had any experience in this situation i would deeply appreciate some sage advice. I definitely would like to future proof and have some versatility with whatever module i do end up going with!

The Mutant Brain seems optimal in terms of price and size and the favorite of the bunch from what I've seen and read but I'm a little intimated by the mutant brain surgery set up. My personal preference is the Hermod although i might be distracted by all the bells and whistles it has among the midi to CV capability not to mention a lot of menu diving.

My current set up:
- Main voice and sequencing is Intellijel Atlantis/Metropolis ( tasty tones, sh101 is one of my favs)
- Drums are a couple tiptop audio 808 modules and peaks in bass drum mode with a 4MS RCD tiggering
- Mutable Intruments Clouds with parasite firmware for FX (and music concrete magic)
- Make Noise Brains and pressure points transposing metropolis or triggering other things
- Bastl ABC and MI Veils as my mixer and vca
- Intellijel uJack sending out to my interface or headphones
I know I'm missing some plumbing and other useful modules but i have minimal space in my 84hp Doepfer rack.

My main goal was to have a eurorack able to handle late night acid jams and more experimental soundscapes and its certainly capable of both but with the addition of the Digitakt I'll be able to free up space (i.e, get rid of the drum section) for the midi to cv module and other versatile options!

Sorry for the long post! thank you for taking the time to read this and for your input!

• Keep on racking in the free world