You are welcome..

The user guide is helpful too, in understanding the feature set...

http://media.wix.com/ugd/069912_d56247220d1141b8b9cc905200662378.pdf

Please note: Im just a very happy owner of the TA and have nothing to do with the company itself.

Not the sequences themselves but all the various settings that generated the sequence such as the probability settings and exclusions.

Here's the youtube playlist... that demos a lot of the features

As an aside.. I've been experimenting with Brain Seed to record the generated sequences for playback live...

The Time's Arrow has quickly become my favorite and most musical step sequence generator in my rack.

Although it cannot (and apparently, was deliberately designed not to...) generate evolving patterns, the patterns it does create, are almost always musically useful and inspiring. Used alongside and in combination various other Generative/Standard sequencers such as the Turing Machine, Brain Seed, Metropolis, Hammer Mk2 etc.. in my performance rack, it works really well and provides an extra dimension to my music for sure!

A great, 'go to' module for me, when I need fresh ideas!

Hi All....

Firstly, this forum and website has been a huge resource of useful advice and help in the past.. so many thanks to all!

Having used several much smaller racks in the past, I am putting together a much larger one for the main studio and I'm seeking some advice/suggestions as to how to arrange the modules for optimal use. (if there is such a thing!) With the smaller racks I have been using, the arrangement didn't really matter much but for a much larger setup I realized I should probably seek advice and help as to what would work best and where before putting it all together.

So any suggestions/help/advice would be more than welcome...

This is the current layout I have been considering;

ModularGrid Rack

Notes:

The rack is a Doepfer A-100PMS9sw PSU3 Monster 9U Case which hopefully should mean, power consumption considerations shouldn't be an issue in the arrangement of the modules.

A Cirklon and assorted hardware midi synths, controllers and other sequencers will be mainly located to the left of the rack..

Thanks...

Taos

The micro zeus only has 10 spaces with the flying bus boards. You'd have to figure out a way to plug all of that stuff in.
-- cedworth

Good point... A couple of 4ms 40's should fix that yes?

I'd really appreciate any comments, advice etc.. for the rack Im designing as the main sequencing modular rack for my studio...

My main aim is to use this for Old School Berlin type work with some random elements

My total budget is about $6000

ModularGrid Rack

I spent about a month really enjoying playing with and experimenting on, a similar Mutable based rack that a client bought in and Im trying to duplicate that as best I can from memory.. as he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth!

Am I missing anything obvious? Any dumb mistakes? Any suggestions as to how to improve this.. in regards to my preferred style of music as well as integration into a Logic Pro / Numerology based Mac system?

I also have a Minilogue, DSI P12, Sub37, 3 x Mother 32s, Octotrack, Analog Keys, Pulse2, Zaquencer, Future Retro Orb & Zillion, Ultranova, Virus C and Snow Ti along with assorted FX pedals like a few H9s, Big Sky, Timeline, Infinity Looper and so on.. as well as a P6, Linnstrument and Roli Rise as Midi controllers and 3 X Motu AVB 16As for i/o into Mac...

Cheers..

Nigel