Anyone? Bueller?

Mutable Instrument stuff is great, as well as Make Noise stuff. You'll probably hear "get Maths" more than several times, but, get Maths!

Then you're probably set with an interface, and have room for more FX!

There are many options. Pittsburgh Modular's In/Out would work but I'm assuming you're wanting stereo. Intellijel's Audio Interface II would probably be exactly what you need. You should still have some room for an internal sound source.

Yeah, this whole thing is definitely taking a toll on my bank account! Love the Moog- every time I fire my rig up it's hard to get away from. Hopefully as I get more sophisticated and creative with my patching it will only get better. As far as FX goes, another good thing about the Disting is that there are a couple good delay algorithms that would work in a pinch. It's nice to have them within the system itself but obviously if you're recording into a DAW you won't be lacking FX options.

You're welcome! It's probably best not to go directly into Clouds from whatever external audio source you're using, assuming it's line level. Modular level is significantly higher than line level, so you'll need something to boost your signals on the way in and to attenuate them on the way out (though you could output through an external mixer with the gain/level turned down to avoid clipping).

First thought would be how are you getting your audio into the rack? I may be missing something though.. if not maybe pass up Elements and get a good input module first. Then fill out the rest of the hp. I'm not too familiar with Elements so with that in mind maybe less hp for the internal sound source? Go with something like Braids, or Tides with Sheep installed, and a good filter. You already have some good EG but another one (if you didn't go with a 2nd Tides) and a VCA would be nice.. then you would have an internal sound source and additional modulation sources.

I've heard mostly great things about the DPO, as well as the Z2040. I'd consider adding a dedicated AD or ADSR, because Maths does so many other things that you might not want to have it as your only EG. You should consider losing the EON and get the Expert Sleepers Disting MK3 -- it's not much more cost-wise and perfect for a small system because it has so many functions (everything the EON does and much more). You can experiment with it to see what you tend to use most which would help determine future purchases, even if you decide not to keep it. From hanging out over at Muffwiggler, the consensus seems to be that you "can never have enough VCAs"... of course it all depends on what you're trying to do, but adding another 'flavor' of VCA might be advisable. The ModDemix would be a good option, plus it can be used as a mixer within your system, which would be useful. Something like Mutable Instruments' Links might also be useful. Finally, I'd add Clouds (fantastic- I have one), or something like the Echophon or Erbe-Verb since any of those would be valuable to have for what you're trying to do.

Disclaimer: I'm not new to music or electronic music, but am new to modular. Since purchasing my "gateway" to the modular universe (Moog's Mother 32) I've spent nearly 2 months buying, selling, trading (and blowing up my budget, originally 120hp, now 208hp... gaah) and finally think I have a system that should hold up for awhile. It kinda has to since I can't (shouldn't) afford to do anything but sell or trade out at this point. Also, if you've not been over to Muffwiggler, it's highly advisable as it is a treasure trove of information and discussion. AWESOME community. Just for kicks, here's what I ended up with: ModularGrid Rack

+1 on the outs but it's not the exact solution you're looking for. Might check out Circuit Abbey's Gozinta and Gozouta although no 1/4", or if you consider 10hp compact Intellijel's Audio Interface II looks like it would be exactly what you're looking for.

After nearly 2 months of buying, selling, trading, etc, impulsively ignoring the advice to start slow, as well as stretching my budget as far as it will go , I've ended up with this:

ModularGrid Rack

208hp is my limit for now and I'm using the Moog 104hp skiffs, so unfortunately the 2 uzeus are necessary (unless anyone has done any modifications or can offer some tips). I had a configuration with Grids and Shades but instead picked up a Wogglebug v1 and put in the z4000 I almost sold. I had grand plans of an all-in-one system or at least one that could be used for designing more interesting drum sequences than I'm able to come up with on my own. But, after diving into other forums much of the weekend the Wogglebug makes more sense with what I've already put together. I also like having a CV-able dedicated EG so I can keep Math and Tides free for their other/additional functions. The only thing I'm in some doubt about is not having the dedicated mixer/attenuator that Shades or the Pitts MixMult I have on the shelf would provide. I do have a configuration with the Mix Mult but without the z4000. I have Sheeps installed on Tides, but switching firmware is pretty painless. I figured between Maths and Tides I'd have good EG flexibility if I was to take out the z4000 but all that's left to do now is keep patching and see where that leads.

All that said, it is always nice to get feedback on things, especially when you are starting out, so thanks in advance to anyone who views and/or comments!

The Spectrum is terrific. It was recommended as analog by Joe at Foxtone Music, who described it as his one of his "favorite analog oscillators". If you call or email I'm sure they could quickly confirm.