Thread: THE ULTIMATE

TRVE KVLT

How about a stereo output? I know it's not as exciting as other modules, but having a massive stereo image can be heavenly, especially with your new Morphagene! (I got one and it is amazing)
-- Thoevans

And here is the stereo output module Rosie :)
19 hp to fill before case upgrade ! Any suggestions ?

UPDATE : Batumi & Morphagene added, whoa LOT of fun !

Batumi is on the way. For reverb/delay, I'm using external Strymon pedals or processing via my DAW. If I can get a second hand Cloud, why not..

My vision of ideal setup is something hybrid with analog+digital+sampler sound sources as a base, with suffisant modulations to let my soundscapes evolve slowly over time and many filters and effects to sculpt the sound and mangle incomming sources.
And since I am not really experienced, I can not fully define a fixed setup.
-- Nanshe

You are covered in the VCO digital/analogue departments as is.

As for sampling, you basically have a choice of playing back with CV control pre-recorded audio (Radio Music), do live sampling/mangling (Reflex), or use audio for buffer manipulation (Phonogene) or grain synthesis (Sampleslicer, GrandPa). These are just a few that come to mind. They can all be used in more than one way, each having a different focus.

Whatever your sound modules, only flexible CV tools will make them shine. A multiple/quad envelope/LFO (look under Modules for function Generator) module will allow for that, plus attenuation,polarizing, offset, mixing to go with it. Your mh01 will do for a while. You will possibly want a quantizer.
-- wiggler55550

Yes I'm quite satisfied for now but eventually I would like to add the Morphagene & RF Nomad modules for a richer sound palette on the experimental side.
Considering your recommendations, I could replace the A140 and uLfo by Math & Batumi, add a Wogglebug for random/sh and maybe change the mh01 by a Manhattan MVP which brings me multiples.
Does this make sense?

MS20 replica? Is it similar to the A106? Interesting price, I see 135 € per kit for a dual module and shipping is offered ! Added to my list, thanks ;)

I like filters, I think of buying a couple of them soon. What are the most resonant, dirty & weird filters would you suggest?
Budget is around $250 per module. DIY is ok! Already planned a Wasp, maybe multimode for the second?

Thread: Let's start!

Imho Mutable stuff is sounding way too clean. For a noisy setup I'll go with Harvestman, Trogotronic, Metasonix and all cheap and dirty DIY stuff or Doepfer, Wogglebug maybe. Ok not so "low cost" at the end.

wave folders are usually reasonably priced- Intellijel uFold works for me, but you might want to check the new Tiptop one besides.

-- Fastus

I have in mind to build one from Random*Source or get cheap A136+A137. Malgorythm is quite interesting too.

I would like to change this setup

-- Nanshe

Why? What are you missing?

-- wiggler55550

My vision of ideal setup is something hybrid with analog+digital+sampler sound sources as a base, with suffisant modulations to let my soundscapes evolve slowly over time and many filters and effects to sculpt the sound and mangle incomming sources.
And since I am not really experienced, I can not fully define a fixed setup.

Thanks for your answers, guys! The Morpheus Filter looks great, very impressive ! Optomix & Math are already on my shopping list but I do not know when to take them. Maybe instead of Batumi, this would be the time to test Math? Now beside modulation, do you think it is interesting to build some waveshaping modules at this point ?

I forgot to mention that the DIY solution is ok to me if no SMD/Surface mount soldering is present.

Hi guys !

I would like to change this setup but I have no ideas on what to buy next, so many choices... The main purpose is to make experimental/generative/ambient/indus/noise.
I was in a shop last week and the seller advised me to take a Batumi and maybe a second filter (multimode).

Thank you for your advice Fastus, I understand your point of view. Sure, I can buy the Z3000 on AH, moreover I contacted them to see the postage and it's quite interesting. But I'm afraid of 20% in customs tax receipt. In this case it is more interesting to buy in the EU.
Regarding the WMD / SSF Spectrum, you're right: no details on the official site!
It is only classified as "analog" on Schneidersladen and London Modular (http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/wmd-ssf-spectrum.html https://www.londonmodular.co.uk/shop/spectrum/).
Regarding the K3021, I find no information either good or bad, this module is relatively new.
Btw what do you think of Malekko modules? I saw that you have the Anti-oscillator.

Yes, Analog Heaven are the only ones who have it in stock but as I live in France, it will cost me lot of money between shipping and taxes. At this price I can certainly have a goog alternative VCO I think. All of them mentioned above are in my budget (max 300€) and in stock, shipping free. Based on specs and design and what I saw on Youtube, my preference go for Spectrum, Sputnik and K3021.

Ok I'm going for a second VCO. As the Z3000 is impossible to find for now, there are few modules I'm interested in. Analog, affordable and in stock. Any advice ?

WMD/SSF Spectrum
Richter Anti-Oscillator
Richter Oscillator II
Sputnik Modular Oscillator
The Harvestman Polivoks VCG
Analogue Systems RS-95e
Killpatrick K3021

I'd pick up a second Z3000. They FM incredibly well together.
-- TriangleMan

I thought buying a second VCO but mostly because I have the opportunity to get an AS RS95e for 80 €. But yes..a second Z3000, why not, I really like it!
Correct me if I'm wrong: for a basic full synth voice, I just need to grab an LFO. But if I want to make rich and complex ambient or industrial textures and process some external sounds, I need a lot of modulators! So wtb next: pay the price for an all-in-one module like Math (enven if the complexity scares me a bit) or take some entry level LFOs/RM/S&H/Noise modules from Doepfer..?

Hi all, this is actually my first rack. Any suggestions on what to buy next? I'd like something not too expensive, exotic or complicated as I'm starting, and analog only. DIY is ok! Thanks