analog bus mixer with hi-fi compressor and voltage controlled distortion
• 4 input channels, each with their own level and effects send control
• Channel A mixer bypass switch and dedicated output for easy sidechain compression
• Channel B is dual input, but shares level/send controls (for dual output modules, like the Mutant Hihats)
• Channel C+D summed output
• Main mixer output normalized to compressor input
• Soft-knee compressor based on the same family of premium audio ICs used in some 500 Series studio gear
• Blend control lets you adjust the dry/wet mix of the compressor, allowing for easy New York-style parallel compression
• Dedicated threshold and compression ratio controls
• Gain control dials in up to +40dB of compressor gain
• Compressor sidechain input for pumping effects
• LED indicator actively displays the amount of compressor gain reduction
• A classic distortion topology reborn for modular analog synthesizers and drum processing
• In/Outputs are conveniently normalized to the module’s send and return jacks
• Blend control lets you adjust the mix of distorted and clean input signal
• Fast responding CV input allows for complex modulation patterns and even modulating with audio signals
The Mutant Hot Glue is a powerful bus mixer for analog effects chain design. The included high quality analog compressor offers series or parallel compression, and a sidechain input, making it well suited for drum processing. The voltage controlled distortion is based on the batteryACID: IDOW Edition design, but improved for better signal fidelity and performance. It can be used in its default position, normalized to the effects send, or like every other part of the module, broken out and used elsewhere in your modular system.
By default, the 4 channel mixer’s output conveniently feeds into the compressor’s input, giving access to easy New York style parallel compression by way of the compressor blend control. The dedicated output and mixer bypass switch for channel A allow you to easily use it as a sidechain source for the compressor. An effects send and return allow you to create complex effects routings within your modular system. With the number of excellent DSP and other effects modules on the market today, this makes it easy to combine modules to great effect, all within the eurorack modular domain.
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.$399 Price in € submitted Dec 23rd 2014, 12:56 by hexinverterdotnet | last Change Sep 30th 2016, 19:14 by hexinverterdotnet
|Canada||The overall condition of this *Hexinverter Électronique Mutant Hot Glue*...||$330.00||btrots||View|
|EU||Excellent condition Factory build No rack rash Working perfectly ...||£200.00||DJtapwater||View|
|USA||*Hexinverter Électronique Mutant Hot Glue* is *excellent* * Factory b...||$300.00||davidjames||View|
23 Users are observing this