Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.
8 Chained Vactrol LPGs
AGOGÔ is a pack of 8 vactrol low pass gates in an open design configuration.
• To bongo.
• To enhance and enrich a weak audio source.
• To create sub-mixes of up to 8 inputs.
• To send a single source to many outputs and modulate each one of them individually.
• Multiple fixed waveforms – use the individual LPGs as a CV scanner.
• Stereo sources – control them with a single CV input.
• EOC pulses and triggers – this is where it gets percussive.
• Slow modulations – take advantage of those vactrols and their natural decay.
"I", the inputs row is normalized from top to bottom.
An input inserted in the first socket will be copied unaltered to the next one.
If a jack is plugged in it will break the normalization.
"V" is for control voltages and they cascade the same way as the inputs following to natural decay of the vactrol response. All the LPGs can be opened simultaneously with a single CV source. Combining the features of both "I" and "V" rows you can control a signal with 8 different CVs or 8 different sources with the same CV.
"O" stands for outputs. They act as an active mixer letting you combine up to 8 signals. As in the previous two rows, the connection can be interrupted in any given point to create sub mixes or individual outputs.
Since we are actively summing copies of the original input, each LPG stage will add saturation to the final out. Thanks to the open design path and normalizations this is just an additional feature: all the LPGs can still be used individually or in multiple combinations for multichannel effects or other creative application. More AGOGÔs can be chained together thanks to headers on the back to multiplicate the number of inputs/outputs.
• 8 independent vactrol LPGs.
• Classic logarithmic vactrol curve and latency.
• Two LPG flavours: brighter – blue LEDs – and darker – red LEDs.
• Open design signal path: break the normalization at any point to change its configuration.
• Input and CV are normalled and they flow top to bottom when no jack is inserted.
• Outputs are summed to create sub-mix on the go.
• Unlimited units can be chained together.
• Works with audio and CV sources.
• “Whatever” power connector a.k.a. don’t mind the polarity (from V1.2).
Demos and build documentation at jolin.tech/agogo and on our IG @jolinlab
19 Users are observing this
These merchants probably sell this module. Huh?