Digital Wavetable Oscillator with Transient Generator
The SSSR Labs Kotelnikov is a digital voltage controlled wavetable oscillator module with morphing feature and built-in transient generator. This oscillator can generate number of sounds with diverse spectral content and combine them in various proportions. Kotelnikov can be used as a usual oscillator in a traditional subtractive synthesizer system, but it is also possible to use it as a complete voice module as it features shaped timbres, envelope generator and amplitude modulation.
• The sound engine sampling rate is locked to pitch and varies from 4.2 to 133 kHz, which gives very clear highs and uniform spectral content over the full range.
• The Pitch resolution is 6 cents and CV input sampling rate is 6 kHz, which gives smooth analogish FM-ready CV response.
• Analogue Amplitude Modulation input is bipolar, linear, rail-to-rail.
Kotelnikov contains 80 waveforms organized in 4 banks:
1. DRUID: Collection of Electric Druid VCDO wavetables (used with permission)
2. ATTACK: Interleaved dark/bright wavetables pairs
3. HARMONIC: Frequency-relative sinewaves
4. HD: Selected 12-bit wavetables
The firmware is written in Assembly language to ensure glitch-free operation and maximum working range.
The Transient Generator has 3 modes: AD/AR envelope generator or resettable LFO. Total time range of 0.4µs–10s is divided into 3 subranges. This generator is internally connected with FM and WM inputs, which helps you to achieve fluent, alive sound with no wires at all.
Pitch: 7 octaves range (C0-C7), 6 cents resolution
DAC: 12-bit, variable sampling rate: 4.2–133kHz
Wavetables: 3x16 8-bit tables, 32 12-bit tables. 256 samples each.
Control ADC: 10-bit, 6kHz
This module is also available as DIY Kit. This kit is almost completely thhrough-hole, contains only two SMT components.
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.$330 submitted Apr 14th 2016, 08:52 by rpocc | last Change Nov 12th 2017, 11:05 by cielux
14 Users are observing this