Though I have followed several videos of this module, I’m still in doubt if it’s a keeper.

I doubt there's that many people with them - it's doesn't appear to be in the top 100 sequencers by popularity on here

I think it's more important that the sequencer fits in your workflow and that you enjoy using it than what a few videos show

only you can really decide if it's a keeper

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

It is one of the very few dedicated compact modules with which you can CV shift the patterns, what I found really interesting as I want something non-chaotic shifting which can be easily reset top the default value. I have a uGrids, but we don't get along; I can't shift and I want the visual feedback, but I do like the compact size.

Great little sequencer the DOT, pairs well with a Robaux LL8, I like that the DOT lets you program ratchets and you can control Euclidean sequences with CV for a constantly moving set of rhythm. Programming it can be a little boring but its great for little fills and background percussion, I also use one channel as an Accent pattern on the Patching Panda Hatz.

If I was going to give a negative about the DOT it would be that the Trigger outputs could be a bit stronger, and the Channel mutes should come up first on the Long Press Encoder knob.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Great little sequencer the DOT, pairs well with a Robaux LL8, I like that the DOT lets you program ratchets and you can control Euclidean sequences with CV for a constantly moving set of rhythm. Programming it can be a little boring but its great for little fills and background percussion, I also use one channel as an Accent pattern on the Patching Panda Hatz.

If I was going to give a negative about the DOT it would be that the Trigger outputs could be a bit stronger, and the Channel mutes should come up first on the Long Press Encoder knob.
-- wishbonebrewery

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.
Coincidentally someone contacted me regarding a diy clone module, oh excuse, ‘based’ on the Dot. I’m curious to find out what the difference is. Just might adress your issues.